Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Eden Park Raceway

Old 14-02-2010

Default Short course trucks at eden park?

hi, march 7th will be my first visit to you and a few of us are coming up to race, my friends all have b4 buggies however i wish to race my 10th scale losi sct... do you have a class for Short course trucks at eden park? if so do you have any idea on tyres, motor winds and gearing!? It will be the trucks first run
many thanks for any help, kevin
Old 15-02-2010
Mad Member

Yes we do
We have an increasing number of drivers using either SCT and stadium trucks in a class especially organised for them. We're getting new drivers every meeting.
There are no restrictions in this class, some drivers managing on the kit tyres, others playing about with stuff like Pro-lines. Choice is a little limited at the mo, with nothing specific being available for astro/multi-surface!
Motor winds, most drivers find 10.5 brushless is enough in these, especially if grip is at a premium! There are one or two lunes that have tried up to 6.5 but not with any more success

Gearing, sorry but you have to hope that an SCT driver gets on here, personally I'm still using my old stadium truck!

Hope his helps to some degree and hope to see you on 07 March, at this rate if they all turn up we might have to have two heats of them

EPR Committee
Old 15-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

For tyres, its possible to put 8th buggy tyres on - and with Yellow Schumnacher Minipins available you'll have loads of grip... but to be honest that isn't the nature of these and they're far more fun on stock tyres with low grip driven sideways!!!!
Old 15-02-2010

nice one cheers for your help guys, luckily i have a 10.5 so will use that , i have the losi strike which i know some have had some issues with so don't really wanna rip the gearbox off on the first run anyway! looking forward to it now
Old 16-02-2010

Well I come and see you one week ive got 2 B4's all the bits to have a go again. I cant wait to see if I can still get it around the track but we will find out on the 7th.

I think a few of the club guys will be coming to have a play aswell (discokev) and a couple of watchers thinking of some off road action.

Glen
Old 16-02-2010
Mad Member

As we've previously requested, to assist us with the booking in process, if any drivers, who may not have attended EPR previously and would not, therefore, be part of our database, are thinking of coming on Sunday 07 March it would assist us greatly if you could PM the following details:

Name, Senior or Junior, Class, BRCA No., PT No., Frequency or Frequencies and Formula (if known).
Many thanks,
EPR Committee

Last edited by brookie; 23-02-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: missing request
Old 16-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The more racers the better, come on down
Old 16-02-2010

Throwing this out there, how about running the new leccy Schumacher Off Road bikes?

http://www.racing-cars.com/sitepage/bike.html

Would/could you run those at Eden Park?
Associated B4RS (Spek, Castle MM/5700KV, Lipo)
Associated SC10 (Spek, Novak/8.5 Turnigy, Lipo)
www.ddgraphics.co.uk