Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 09-10-2011

Default DEX410 V3 Wheels

Just got the new V3. Wondering where can we order the 14mm hex wheel online?
Old 09-10-2011
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

im sure mike at MB models will have some and his addy is in my sig at bottom of my reply
Old 09-10-2011
Mad Member

I don't think they are available yet, I should think they will be in as soon as the 210's start being shipped.
Old 09-10-2011

Funny, just wanted to start this topic too as i just ordered a V3 and would like to hae the white 14mm hex wheels but TD website shows no stock. I hope they get them in soon...
Old 09-10-2011

yeah i have a v3 on order and need wheels to do the old 410 wheels still fit in case
Old 09-10-2011
Mad Member

Yes the old ones fit but you need to install the smaller hex on the front axel and cone washer and pin on the rear.
Old 10-10-2011

This is really a joke. TD is expecting the new V3 owners to fork out $$ for some dated wheel mounting system(hex&pin) to be fitted while they figure out how or when the new 14mm hex wheels are available in the stores.

What I saw in my friends V3 kit, it came with 4 x aluminium rear cone washer, spacer and 12mm pins, without the front 9.8mm hex or corresponding pins. They sort of like provided some parts to help the owner with old style wheels, but not totally.

TD comes out with a totally new 14mm hex where nobody out there has 14mm hex wheels. What makes it worst is proper support of the corresponding part is does not exist. Especially when this part are consumables. I call this suicide.

This got us totally perplexed. However in A Main Hobbies, the white 14mm hex wheels are in stock, but only the rears.

I guess having launch the V3 and 210 simultaneously is too much for them to handle and I think TD dropped the ball this time.
Old 10-10-2011

Maybe they should have done what losi did and included two sets of wheels in the kits
Old 10-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-man View Post
This is really a joke. TD is expecting the new V3 owners to fork out $$ for some dated wheel mounting system(hex&pin) to be fitted while they figure out how or when the new 14mm hex wheels are available in the stores.

What I saw in my friends V3 kit, it came with 4 x aluminium rear cone washer, spacer and 12mm pins, without the front 9.8mm hex or corresponding pins. They sort of like provided some parts to help the owner with old style wheels, but not totally.

TD comes out with a totally new 14mm hex where nobody out there has 14mm hex wheels. What makes it worst is proper support of the corresponding part is does not exist. Especially when this part are consumables. I call this suicide.

This got us totally perplexed. However in A Main Hobbies, the white 14mm hex wheels are in stock, but only the rears.

I guess having launch the V3 and 210 simultaneously is too much for them to handle and I think TD dropped the ball this time.
this only effects the people who couldn't wait for their V3 cars. TD rushed to get the 1st batch of kits out to the shops and didn't even keep any for themselves. You will note the TD website has never had any V3 kits in stock.

If people would be patient then everything would be available at the same time. instead everyone gets worked up on forums spouting info from 10 different sources on when X Y and Z will be released.

I'm no different to the rest of you. I want to get my hands on my new V3 and DEX210 just as much as you do, but there's no point in getting worked up over delayed releases and shipping set backs.

When it arrives it arrives. If you got a DEX410v3 earlier than the rest of us then great, but don't start mouthing off at TD because now you can't get hold of anymore wheels for it. Obviously nothing I say means anything and it's purely my opinion, but I bet TD are doing everything they can to get their kits and parts in stock and available to consumers
Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
this only effects the people who couldn't wait for their V3 cars. TD rushed to get the 1st batch of kits out to the shops and didn't even keep any for themselves. You will note the TD website has never had any V3 kits in stock.

If people would be patient then everything would be available at the same time. instead everyone gets worked up on forums spouting info from 10 different sources on when X Y and Z will be released.

I'm no different to the rest of you. I want to get my hands on my new V3 and DEX210 just as much as you do, but there's no point in getting worked up over delayed releases and shipping set backs.

When it arrives it arrives. If you got a DEX410v3 earlier than the rest of us then great, but don't start mouthing off at TD because now you can't get hold of anymore wheels for it. Obviously nothing I say means anything and it's purely my opinion, but I bet TD are doing everything they can to get their kits and parts in stock and available to consumers

This is true. Production needs time. We demanded earlier and TD tried to give us what we wanted before the stock announcement. Its is not TD fault. Some peolple should be Glad that have earlier than others some kits. Collectors items
Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post

I couldn't agree more.
I am one of many who have been waiting patiently for an already paid for in full DEX210. As you say, they will be here when they are and not before. I desperately want to run mine with a geared diff. Will they be available on release of the kit? Maybe, maybe not. So what. I will wait.
Sure, I will also want extra wheels. As and when. Top marks for TD for getting new kits out. They could easily have waited till every spare was available.

Last edited by Briangb; 10-10-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 11-10-2011

I'm not sure about you lot but I for one did not think for a second wheels would be an issue. My bad for taking it for granted thinking "I'm certain there's a buggys wheels would fit."

Now reasons & justification aside.. Where can I get them? Got a race this weekend & the set of tires are running out fast for our dirt track.
Old 12-10-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

I just ordered the new wheels for the shop.

Well, I tried, some other shops have bought all the yellow rears already!

http://rclazy.com/blog/2011/10/12/ne...mm-hex-wheels/
Old 13-10-2011

Cheers Big G...

Wonder what I can do with a pair of two rear white wheels.. Guess no racing for me then..
Old 13-10-2011

Will Durango keep making the both types of wheel? surely the older smaller hex fronts & rear pin type wheels will be fased out

Trader feedback...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71837
Old 13-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

all 4 wheels were in stock when I posted.

I guess others got orders in quickly then
Old 13-10-2011
Mad Member

Do losi 22 rears fit the v3?
Old 13-10-2011

Pretty sure they are only 12mm Sam, durangos are 14mm.
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

OK Cheers Andy