Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 06-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default WRCA AGM - The Future of the WRCA

It’s that time of year again when you are invited to attend the WRCA AGM. The date set for it is 8th December and the venue is Caerwent Community Centre.
Caldicot RC Racers are holding their Christmas Race Meeting during the day and the plan is that as soon as the track is packed away, the WRCA AGM will commence. So please come for a day’s racing and then join in the AGM.

Why Should I Attend?
It’s normally the opportunity for racers in Wales to vote on proposals that will change the way racing in the Welsh BRCA region take place. Proposals should be submitted to wrca.events@hotmail.co.uk and have to be received by 1st December 2013.
In addition to the discussion of and voting on proposals, the election of the WRCA Committee also takes place.
This year the current committee are stepping down so there will be vacancies for Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, BRCA Regional Representative and several others. Any nominations for these roles can be sent to wrca.events@hotmail.co.uk ahead of the AGM or you can stand for election on the day.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The following Proposal has been tabled by the outgoing committee:
“In the absence of sufficient nominations for the committee positions needed to run the WRCA, then the organisation will cease to be viable and the dissolution of it should be completed as per the WRCA constitution”
There have been many comments made about the WRCA over the past couple of years, this is your opportunity to take it forward.
Old 06-11-2013

I nominate you Pete, for all positions.

In all seriousness, 2013 was the first year that i got to take part in a WRCA event, and i enjoyed it a lot. I really think it would be a shame, and a blow for all new and less experienced racers to lose the chance to race outside of their local clubs in south wales.

I understand some of the ongoing issues and frustrations, as well as the poor attendance this year, has dealt a big blow to the WRCA. But i really hope that everyone in south wales will come together to support it. It really would be a shame to see it wound up!!

And before you say it Pete, I am not responsible enough to take it on!!

Tom
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Anyone interested in this or have any comments?
Old 19-11-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

It would be very sad if the wrca folded
Sorry I don't have any spare time to put towards helping, hard enough to find it to just race.
You did a grand job Pete.
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Andy, I just don't have the time anymore which is why I have to stand down. I completely agree that it would be a real shame for it to fold, but to avoid that we need people who are willing to spend some time sorting things out.

In case anyone hasn't realised yet, without the WRCA organising it, there will be no BRCA regionals in Wales next year.

I am willing to share my knowledge if anyone wants it, so they wouldn't be going into this without any support (ie: a handover)
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im surprised there hasnt been more comments on this thread
Old 19-11-2013

It is strange as there are so many clubs in Wales. Such a shame that most run different classes.
Old 20-11-2013

Id be gutted if it folded, without the WRCA i would never have got my sponsers, or results or quality friends. It is a shame this is happening and a pity i no longer live there as i would have done this.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 20-11-2013

Apathy rules, and it has done for a good few years I'm sorry to say.
Old 20-11-2013

That's my point. I think there is plenty of it, just all for different classes not tenth off road strangely.
Old 21-11-2013

Andy, it is the same at club level, it is really difficult to get people to be enthusiastic and help run a club, most just want to turn up, play, go home. Same for the WRCA, I am sure if you asked around, most racers WANT a regional series but out of them, I don't think any would WANT to be running the WRCA. I did a stint on the committee and felt compelled to do it as there was really nobody else willing to and got convinced into doing it by H.
Old 22-11-2013

There are only 3 clubs that's cobra gnr and caldi it's a shame but I don't think there will be a wrca next year. maybe it's to much money for some people u can race at club caldi for half the price of the wrca round and run has many classes has u wont were if u run a 2nd class at a wrca round u got to pay extra just thinking y racers don't race in the wrca or is 1/10 dead in wales ?
Old 22-11-2013

It might be Huw that quite a few of us have now gone Rallycross and given up 1/10th, as we use to do every round but now all my 10th stuff is either vintage or gone. Its a shame really as we had a great couple of years but trends change. Im sure in a couple of years 10th will be the popular class again.

Steve it right i would love a regional series but work is getting in the way of my spare time so it would not be very sensible for me to take on any more outside word, and im sure this is the same for a lot of people at the moment. It might just be a case of the economic climate still biting in south wales but who knows, if i had the answers i could fix it.

It may be a case of parking the WRCA for a couple of years until there is 4 or 5 people willing to put the time and effort in especially if there are 10th clubs in south wales.

Cheers

Rich
Old 22-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit5005 View Post
There are only 3 clubs that's cobra gnr and caldi
Ummmmmm.....Saundersfoot........ and Swansea are still going (although at the moment only running 1/8th during the summer)
Old 22-11-2013

Swansea had no 1/10 outdoor track Saundersfoot forgot about them but thay were struging
Old 22-11-2013

Swansea was going to look into coming back next year, we have plans on a new track but its not confirmed yet
Old 23-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit5005 View Post
Saundersfoot forgot about them but thay were struging
Struggling? Really? News to us, unless you class only having 15-20 members turning up every week to race as struggling.....
Old 23-11-2013

Thay all did not do the wrca three was only a hand full from Saundersfoot that done other rounds other than Saundersfoot and Ian said that thay were struggling with the out doors doe to weather and numbers at the wrca round
Old 03-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So anyone coming along this Sunday? looking at a 4.30ish start depending on how the racing goes beforehand.
Old 09-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

WRCA AGM – 8 December 2013
Venue – Caerwent Community Centre
Apologies – Hwyl Mills
Present – Pete Belsten, Chris Mills, Rich Whitefoot, John Toole, Tom Owen, Chris Young, Ben Young, Dave Belsten, Brad Harper, Spencer Farley and others (apologies for not catching everyone’s names!)

Pete Belsten opened the meeting with apologies from H and provided a report on the season. Also highlighting the apparent decline in interest for the BRCA regionals within Wales.
The next order of business was the election of committee members. The current committee advised that they were not standing for re-election and that the following posts needed to be filled, as a minimum: Chairman, BRCA Representative, Treasurer & Secretary.

At that stage it was apparent that no one was willing to stand for these positions, so the attendees were advised that the only proposal received for the meeting was that should this situation occur then the WRCA should be wound up.
A discussion took place concerning this and it was agreed by several members that a ‘caretaker’ committee would be willing to stand – the WRCA itself will become inactive until such point as sufficient interest was reached for it to become active again.

At such point, the caretaker committee would take steps to reinstate the activities (this is likely to include filling other committee posts/replacements). As part of this it was agreed that the WRCA will not organise any race series in the foreseeable future.

The following committee members were voted in:
Chairman/BRCA Representative – Rich Whitefoot
Secretary – Tom Owen
Treasurer – John Toole