Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-02-2014

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Ok,

Steve does the hotwire recognize the esc? If it does, try re updating your software. DO NOT interrupt it.
Old 04-02-2014

I recently updated to 223 so that may have something to do with it. I'll try and get back to you.

Cheers

Steve
Old 04-02-2014

Thanks for all the assistance Randy, software downloaded again and all appears to be running well again.

Top Tekin Service!!!

Steve
Old 05-02-2014

Nice!
Old 17-02-2014
Mad Member

Hi Randy, I gave the tekin rsx a run out this weekend with 5.5 gen2 motor.

Ive checked logs after and notice motor topping out at around 32k rpm. temps were great. Is this rpm value normal? MMotor end timing is at 0 deg. Thanks.
Old 17-02-2014
Mad Member

Any timing yet for when there will be gen 1 support on hotwire 2.0?
I've seen that they will be supporting on the tekin forums, but no real timing, just "soon".
Old 19-02-2014

32k in 4wd buggy is pretty normal. Gearing is what really controls that figure. Look at the throttle input rpm "bell" curve and see if it's the flat topping. Take a read here and see this helps:

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/TWS...wTo_111513.pdf

Explains a few things to look at and what changes to make.
Old 19-02-2014

The next App update will provide Gen1 support. It also corrects the 4.2+ android OS issues.
Old 19-02-2014
Mad Member

Nice. Just have to sit here and twiddle my thumbs until then!
Old 23-02-2014

Hi Randy

What is the recommendation on here, in using the current limiter on tekin rs pro on a 7.5 turn motor. For racing 2wd buggy on a indoor slippy wooden floor/carpet circuit. I just want to smooth the low end out as at the moment the tiniest throttle input will over load the tyres when accelerating out of corners on the wooden floor.
I am aiming for the top end of a 7.5 but the acceleration of a 10.5.

Thanks
Old 23-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
Hi Randy

What is the recommendation on here, in using the current limiter on tekin rs pro on a 7.5 turn motor. For racing 2wd buggy on a indoor slippy wooden floor/carpet circuit. I just want to smooth the low end out as at the moment the tiniest throttle input will over load the tyres when accelerating out of corners on the wooden floor.
I am aiming for the top end of a 7.5 but the acceleration of a 10.5.

Thanks
have you played with your slipper? also what radio do you have?
Old 23-02-2014

Slipper clutch won't help on wooden floors, as the path of least friction is the rubber and the floor. I am currently using a futaba 3pk. I am going to set the throttle current limit to 55 to see how that goes and set the throttle profile to 1.
Old 23-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Slipper clutch won't help on wooden floors, as the path of least friction is the rubber and the floor. I am currently using a futaba 3pk. I am going to set the throttle current limit to 55 to see how that goes and set the throttle profile to 1.
I use same radio and did have same ESC bud. I set an expo on throttle between 25 and 45. it really smoothed out the bottom end
Old 23-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Smokes, i ran the same car on the same track today. my slipper was really loose. i spoke to you about your car, its way too fast, over motored and boosting far too much for the grip level on the track. you want to be running no timing and no boost, run blinky until you can get round without crashing. motor down to a 13.5 with a little delayed boost for straight, or a blinky 10.5. set current limit to 60ish and as Danny says run some -ve expo on the tranny. he can help you set that. you basically want to smooth out the bottom to mid range.

If you watched my car today, i was running a boosted 17.5T with some extra timing with a slight delay for the straight. The car was super drivable and i hardly made any mistakes. i could have used a bit more speed, so next time I'm trying a 13.5T.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
I use same radio and did have same ESC bud. I set an expo on throttle between 25 and 45. it really smoothed out the bottom end
negative or positive expo ?I don't want to buy a new motor before racing outdoors.
Old 24-02-2014

Sounds like you may be boosting a 7.5 or have an odd setup here.

First off you shouldn't need to boost a 7.5 in a 2wd buggy. It's already going to have a lot of power.

Anytime i'm on a slick surface with a motor/setup where I want 10.5 acceleration but 7.5 top end i go to dual mode.

Dual mode with timing set to 20(Gen2) or 80(Gen1 esc) which will make it butter smooth but still have "legs" on top.
Old 24-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
negative or positive expo ?I don't want to buy a new motor before racing outdoors.
Theres a graph on your transmitter that shows the curve. You want the curve shallow at start and getting steeper as input increases.

-25 mine was at Sunday, as grip was pretty low and my motor/esc combo is an animal its also set with the minimum throttle expo profile on the esc. Cant remember which of top of my head, but you'll find it in the hotwire settings.

RSX+5.5 gen2, loving it.
Old 24-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
Sounds like you may be boosting a 7.5 or have an odd setup here.

First off you shouldn't need to boost a 7.5 in a 2wd buggy. It's already going to have a lot of power.

Anytime i'm on a slick surface with a motor/setup where I want 10.5 acceleration but 7.5 top end I go to dual mode.

Dual mode with timing set to 20(Gen2) or 80(Gen1 esc) which will make it butter smooth but still have "legs" on top.
Bought an RS Pro second hand with a Kev lee setup on it. It had the boost set on it to 1.0.

Got version 2 of the software, I am right to assume the 20 is equal to 80 when using dual mode?

Danny what neutral width do you use for the throttle setting on the RS pro?
Old 25-02-2014

On RS PRo the Dual mode is a percentage of 30 degrees. So 80 percent is 20 degrees.
Old 25-02-2014

Thanks Randy. I am oil and gas engineer, we don't like to make assumptions dealing with 15,000 psi.