Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 23-01-2015
Administrator

AMX Graphics are the company responsible for the end of oOple name decals. They've lied, misled and fibbed to me. Promised to send proof of where they got hold of my original artwork and never delivered - so, I presume they are criminals.

Thanks everyone for your support. It means a lot.
Old 24-01-2015
Mad Member

Hey jimmy,

Your artwork is protected by copyright, you should be able to sue anyone using them without your authorization - and should be able to sue whoever is selling them to other parties.

It does suck and I hope you get this resolved in timely manner (although I think it might take a while knowing how long lawful matters can take).

Don't lose faith, we would never buy oOple stickers from anyone else

Fab
Old 24-01-2015
Mad Member

A search finds a few AMX Graphics sites around the world, AMX seems a common company name, just saying as they say..........
Old 24-01-2015
Administrator

AMX Graphics on facebook is the place that had my stolen data. They are located in Goole east yorkshire.
Old 24-01-2015

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AMX-G...53169868080153
Old 24-01-2015
Administrator

Those are the guys. They have some questions to answer and haven't told me the truth, always an excuse from them as to where and how they got my stolen stuff. Differing stories conveniently hazy and contradicting themselves.
Old 24-01-2015

Hey Jimmy,

You need to push this with the police and insist they pursue this, if they are dragging their heals threaten you make an official compliant. At least they should be able to have them on handling stolen goods.

Looking at their Facebook page they are producing logos that are registered trademarks of some big companies, i'd send a few emails & grass them up. Big companies will send them a cease & desist injunction letter.

Good luck

Old 24-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes - and I'd start by asking questions about licensing for those Disney character nameplates. The Disney corporation is famous for using its massive legal muscle to vindictively crush small businesses in protection of their images.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 24-01-2015
Awesome Admin

Jimmy's already made a complaint with the ipcc so well see where that goes but jimmy has the full weight of the law behind him due to copyright infrigment all
He needs to do is prove there his designs.
Old 24-01-2015

email em with a few e-bombs.!!!!
Old 25-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

You do the art, I'll take the money mate
Have fun doing reports again. Can't wait to see 'em
Old 25-01-2015
Administrator

Wanted that face to face, so 2 hours in huddersfieldolice station waiting for an actual officer to dare tell me to my face they won't even register it as a crime..... ended up having to throw a copy of my ipcc complaint over the empty reception desk with the work BOLLOCKS written across it, before we left as the parking was up.

Oh well!
reports, reviews, new oople, new server - that's all i can promise for now. My good friend from 25 years in the amiga computer scene is coding the new site, i just have to finish the initial concept right now.
I'm totally geared up for reports and video. will certainly cover the euros, hopefully a race in sweden, and as for nationals it depends on if i can afford the travel at the time. oOple races I might even attend
Old 25-01-2015

Seems the review option is available on their facebook page... Maybe we should let them know what we think about their using stolen artwork?

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 25-01-2015

I just spoke with Jimmy on the phone as my ordered decals had not come. He apologized profusely and explained all that has happened. As an ex web developer/designer he very much has my sympathy and best wishes. I certainly hope someone somewhere gets their collar felt as a result.
Old 25-01-2015
Mad Member

It's a pity that there'll be no decals any more, but as I followed some of the proceedings on fb, I fully understand Jimmy.
On the other hand, I am looking forward to reading some brilliant oOple race coverage in the future, and maybe some funny yet informative buggy reviews, too. IIRC it was Jimmy's Lazer ZX-5 review that brought my attention to oOple, I'd love to read something like that again!
Old 25-01-2015
Administrator

Sincere apologies, been a mad time with mri scans, hacking, putting out the oOple race website and entry form etc.
I am happy to refund anyone - or do as much as I can to sort em out. I have never as far as I know had a dissasstisfied customer that I've not sorted out - because I take it personally and I care.

No idea how to earn some money yet but then again I gave up a well paid job to do oOple. It'll be reborn better than ever.

And whoever said I don't run oOple any more (in a different thread) - EH? I have always run oOple and always will, on my own. I have been ill since around march 2013 until about 6 weeks ago. Bilateral frozen shoulders, which is far more debilitating than it may sound. I've had to be on so many pain killers at my own race that I wasn't able to construct anything worth posting up - thankfully that's behind me now and I'm working on getting stronger and fitter.
Old 25-01-2015

^^^^^^^^^ where's the like button? ^^^^^^^^^
Old 25-01-2015
Mad Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 25-01-2015

Default Jimmy

I tried twice to order from you and got no response so put in for a refund which you did straight away I would just like to apologise if I was harsh in the emails as I did not know you were il so sorry once again
Old 25-01-2015
Administrator

I didn't really want it public knowledge at the time mate - I've missed a few for some unknown reason, but even sitting at a pc and thinking was a challenge. It's me who should appologise - I tried to keep at it whilst I knew I was struggling to get out of bed sometimes I was in that much pain.

This hacking things just put the nail in my "enthusiasm" a bit, so I'm gonna step back and do more oOple stuff especially now I'm felling lots better. I can only appologise for anyone I've pissed off with whatever.

But, lets move onward and upward!