Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 22-03-2014

Default Last night's new format

Now the dust has settled after last night's format change, what did everyone think.

I personally didn't have a problem with it (as a GT12 racer I got more time on the track), but I know there were a few people (who shall remain nameless, mainly because I don't know their names) that were unhappy with it.

To be entirely honest, I don't think the format gained us anything in terms of time on the night, just a couple of minutes in between round change overs. I mean it was still nearly 11pm when the track was put away.

I think the place to gain the time is between the heats, and you do this by stopping people blasting round the track for 5 laps before the start of a heat. The finals worked really well last night, as they were a case of get your car on the track and get lined up.
I think if we did that in the heats too, we would be able to go back to 3 x 4 min heats plus your final quite easily, and I think that this would be the preferred format for many.

Opinions.....

Chris.....

Schumacher CAT K1
Schumacher Supastox
__________________________________________________ ________________

Well that was me...the guy you just lapped...again
Old 22-03-2014

Chris,
To be frank was quite disappointed last night as had glitching issues heat one and heat two broke my car which meant no third heat to get a decent amount of laps done and yes there were plenty of others complaining about the lack of track time; some who'd travelled a long distance. Is this now going to be a regular thing of two heats and a final?

Lee
Old 22-03-2014

If this is the new format then we wil not be regularly attending anymore. We travel an hour and a half each way to race with you guys and two heats and a final is not worth the money for us. Combine that with the packed heats and it made it very difficult to get a clean run. I too like lee above had rotten luck in my 2 heats which left me in the c final, without a chance of redemption I raced the final only to lap the 2nd placed buggy 2 or 3 times.
The race experience is being diluted to cram everyone in, would be better to have to turn people away rather than have people not wanting to come?
KF, XB4 2014
Old 22-03-2014

I know i wasnt there last night but why was the race format changed on the last week of the championship?
Old 22-03-2014

Graham,
The previous week there weren't a lot of people left in the end to pack away which meant that instead of being out for half ten believe it was about twenty to eleven so the committee decided to run this week only two five minute heats and a final for buggies but don't think we finished any earlier.
Lee
Old 22-03-2014

Cheers Lee.
It was more like 11 when we got away last week.
It does seem like a negative thing to change to but can understand why the committee wanted to try something different but it sounds like there were few benefits. Hopefully they will revert back to normal.

Was last night still week 7 of the championship? If so, who won the buggys?