Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 06-09-2009

Question GRIP PROBLMS + BASHING

HI PEOPLE WHAT IS THE BEST TIRE TO RUN I KNOW WE HAVE TO USE MINI PIN BUT WHAT IS GETTING MORE GRIP ALMOST BALD OR NEW ONES AND DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA AS WHY MY REAR JUST SLIDES AS I TURN IN WITH NO POWER AND IT KICK`S OUT A BIT

BASHING
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN RACE OR BASH MY 1/8 NITRO LOSI RAMINATOR AS ITS ALL GOOD JUST JUMPING IN THE GARDEN BUT I WANT TO GO OFF ROADING SOMEWERE BIG JUMPS GRAVEL DIRT HILL`S FOR JUMPS AND IDEA`S
Old 10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLONE-JOE View Post
HI PEOPLE WHAT IS THE BEST TIRE TO RUN I KNOW WE HAVE TO USE MINI PIN BUT WHAT IS GETTING MORE GRIP ALMOST BALD OR NEW ONES AND DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA AS WHY MY REAR JUST SLIDES AS I TURN IN WITH NO POWER AND IT KICK`S OUT A BIT
Joe,

There is no simple answer to this. My car also suffers from too much oversteer in the mid corner and exiting a corner. I've played with adjusting my springs and I think I went too hard on the rears last week which is why I felt the car was too quick to slip on exiting the corners. I'm going to try softer ones this week to see if that improves things.

If that does improve my performance then I might also increase my rear toe-in slightly to gain more rear-end stability. I'm so close now to having the car dialed into the track, it just needs those final tweaks, the ones which are always the hardest to find

The floor surface does change from week to week which makes for some interesting racing. I have noticed though that the drivers who pull back just a touch on the throttle really do seem to gain the advantage.

Time to turn down the throttle me thinks...
Old 11-09-2009

my car is on 60% throttle on my radio not esc im going to exsperiment in the warm up old mini pins or new i had alot more control with the brushed motor but that was just no good for the speed i could change back but i think ill keep the brushless in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
Joe,

There is no simple answer to this. My car also suffers from too much oversteer in the mid corner and exiting a corner. I've played with adjusting my springs and I think I went too hard on the rears last week which is why I felt the car was too quick to slip on exiting the corners. I'm going to try softer ones this week to see if that improves things.

If that does improve my performance then I might also increase my rear toe-in slightly to gain more rear-end stability. I'm so close now to having the car dialed into the track, it just needs those final tweaks, the ones which are always the hardest to find

The floor surface does change from week to week which makes for some interesting racing. I have noticed though that the drivers who pull back just a touch on the throttle really do seem to gain the advantage.

Time to turn down the throttle me thinks...
LOSI 13.5/6.5T BRUSHLESS

Old 11-09-2009

I've been told to loosen the rear diff slightly, this will give more rear end grip on corner exit, seems to work for me as I was fishtailing like mad when my diff was too tight. However it might be particular to the make of car.
Old 12-09-2009

yer i tryed that yesterday well it came lose by its self and seemed to work well just pulled to the left a little will you be puting the racing last night on youtube btw good race in the finals
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas-b4-b44 View Post
I've been told to loosen the rear diff slightly, this will give more rear end grip on corner exit, seems to work for me as I was fishtailing like mad when my diff was too tight. However it might be particular to the make of car.
LOSI 13.5/6.5T BRUSHLESS

Old 12-09-2009

Joe, you might have noticed last night that my car was driving so much better than last week. Putting slightly softer springs all round made the difference. I was on the tail of Ian for most of the evening, though he's still got the egde on me.

The oversteering has almost gone now. For next week I'm going to loosen the rear diff just a small amount to see if that helps further.

BTW, I really like the flow of this circuit now It's almost as fast as track 2 now, just 1 lap away from matching that track. As we are running it now for the championship, I wouldn't be surprised if we get as quick on this one as we have been on 2.

Good choice
Old 12-09-2009

yes im loving my car now runs just how i like it and i like the flow as now i can just slowley turn all the way around the top (closest to pits) great flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
Joe, you might have noticed last night that my car was driving so much better than last week. Putting slightly softer springs all round made the difference. I was on the tail of Ian for most of the evening, though he's still got the egde on me.

The oversteering has almost gone now. For next week I'm going to loosen the rear diff just a small amount to see if that helps further.

BTW, I really like the flow of this circuit now It's almost as fast as track 2 now, just 1 lap away from matching that track. As we are running it now for the championship, I wouldn't be surprised if we get as quick on this one as we have been on 2.

Good choice
LOSI 13.5/6.5T BRUSHLESS