Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Large Scale / Petrol Powered

Old 29-08-2011

Default which 1/5th to go for

hi lads i have a little problem ive decided to sell all my nitro gear and buy a 1/5th petrol

my question is ive seen the fg baja 4wd and love it but its £1000 what do you all think of the ftx punisher 4wd ive seen these in action and think they look good for £600 have any of you owned 1 or give me any advice on which 1 to get ....

cheers
Old 29-08-2011

if you talked to my dad he would say stop away from any of the FGs, he says its cheaper to race a fully size oval car for the year then it is to race one of these.

Old 30-08-2011
Gypsy Member

Mcd is Awsome 4wd 5th ff are good
Ring Ross mods for all things 5th they do trade ins to
They ain't to expensive unless ya smash em up bashing
Expensive to get nit to maintain
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

if you do go for an fg its worth trying to get the alloy mods for it ebay prob best place or buy 1 hopped up,

i ran a fg marder no problems standard sold it got a full elcon fg leopard n destroyed the bevel gears on it hitting a post the rest survived but was going to cost £100 to replace 1 gear so had to put the standard gears on it. any large car will cost money to fix especially 4wd more to them then 2wd
Old 02-09-2011

I have raced the FTX Punisher for the best part of two seasons now, since they were first released.

I've found it to be a strong and durable chassis, providing race winning capability at National level...

It is popular in the 4wd class, therefore spares are normally available trackside through FreePrawn racing and other good model shops any other time. And failing that, the racers themselves normally have a selection between them that will keep you going.

Advice and support is also available at National events from other racers, and as mentioned, you don't need to have paid an expensive price tag to expect help when needed.

It's fair to say that these things are big.. And the drive train does take a hammering. This is all 4wd cars in this class, and I have seen nothing on track which is bullet proof. But the FTX has certainly proven to be significantly more reliable than others..

The 1/5th scale racing is also a good class to get plenty of track time, you can normally practice all day Saturday, then have around an hours track time on the Sunday.

Compared to 1/8th nationals, where you could get 20mins racing if you don't make some of the longer finals, that's a significant improvement, as racing and track time is what we all want to be doing on our weekends off!
Old 03-09-2011

thanks for the advice guys .. ive bought a ftx punisher (second hand) with a ddm 29cc upgraded engine , and jetpro exhaust it has a few other upgrades too its in good condoition and i only paid £300.00 for it bargin i reckon
Old 04-09-2011

Old 04-09-2011
Mad Member

The car looks great and certainly sounds a bargain.

Do you work on your cars while dying your hair blonde and making Winnie the Poo an imaginary cup of tea?

Old 04-09-2011

only on weekends when i change my name from lee too lisa lol
Old 30-12-2011

nice!
Old 04-01-2012

Thumbs up choice of 1/5

the fg is a great large scale but after also trying the hpi baja 5b, i went for the hpi.
i felt the the 5b was better as an all-rounder where as the fg is the better of the two on steep stuff.

two great models with their own advantages.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.