Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2009

Default Christmas Meeting Friday 18 December.

We have now decided that we shall be running two events on our Christmas Meeting.

1st: Caravan Racing
Those who wish to run in this event will need to build their own caravans which will need to be attached to the rear of their Touring Car. Rules will be very simple...

Caravan cannot be wider or longer than your own car, single or double axles can be used and the caravan must be attached to your car's chassis not the bodyshell. We'll then have a series of races around a simple track layout.

2nd RC Football
The second event of the night will be a football match using a beachball. We'll choose teams at random, 1 from each group - F1-F3. So it will be 3 aside. It will be a none contact game of two halves. Winner is the team who scores the most, a draw will result in sudden death and the winner will be the team who scores next.

As well as these events, we would like everyone to bring along something for nibbles during the evening, the club will supply drinks.

We look forward to seeing you all at our Christmas meeting before we break up and prepare for a full year of racing in 2010 both indoors and hopefully very soon outdoors too.

Usual start time - 7pm until 10pm. The sooner we can have the track ready (very simply this night) the sooner we can have some fun.

Feel free to dress up your cars in the festive spirit...
Old 22-10-2009

I can’t wait! Check out RC caravan banger race on you tube
Old 22-10-2009

Default Carvan Building

Anybody got any tips ??????
Old 22-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pitman View Post
Anybody got any tips ??????
I was just thinking the very same...

I'm thinking that a shoe box would make a good base to work from and then drop into that a simple wooden dowel spaceframe on to which I can mount an axle. I could be barking up the wrong tree here so I too could do with some pointers...
Old 22-10-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-F4l...eature=related

Some tips on there
Old 22-10-2009

Top link, this is going to get out of hand ...........
Old 22-10-2009

Default Beachball anyone?

Just thought...

Does anyone at the club own an inflatable beachball?

We'll need one to be able to play the RC Football on the night. So if you have one, please bring it along to one of our meetings, thanks.
Old 22-10-2009

Hey Guys, Maz here.

Sounds like good fun. I'll put the date in my diary.
Old 22-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
Hey Guys, Maz here.

Sounds like good fun. I'll put the date in my diary.

Welcome onbaord Mas. Hope you've enjoyed the last two meetings, Monday's one will be right up your street as it's going to be an Oval.

BTW, what make was that F1 car you brought along on Monday and do you have foam tyres to see if they give better grip?
Old 22-10-2009

I'm not sure where I got this image of oval racing from as I've never done it. Although i did love "Days of Thunder" as a child.

My F1 chassis is a Tamiya F104. I do have foams so I will try it monday if I can make it. Should be able to without too many issues
Old 22-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
I'm not sure where I got this image of oval racing from as I've never done it.
I was thinking of the drifting you do, plenty of opportunity for drifting on Monday...
Old 23-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
I was thinking of the drifting you do, plenty of opportunity for drifting on Monday...
When I'm at a race meeting, I'm there to race! but if a bit of sliding helps me got faster...
Old 28-10-2009

for the caravan racing will there be any rules ?
Old 28-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by clk-racing View Post
for the caravan racing will there be any rules ?
You didn't read the OP did you...?

Scroll up to the top
Old 06-12-2009

Just a quick reminder to all members who are coming to the Christmas Party on Friday 18 December. I need to know in advance if you are going to join in with the Caravan Racing and RC Football so that everything can be prepared in advance. Please confirm by email if you have not already done so to admin@bedsrcmcc.co.uk

The to confirm the format for thwe evening's racing...

We shall have 1 round of normal racing on track layout 19 - check the layout on our web site here: http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/tracks.php
Probably a 4 or 5 minute race.

A short break for some nibbles and drinks then onto the fun of the caravan racing using the same track layout 19 as above.

After a round of caravan racing there will be another short break for more nibbles and drinks and then we shall have the RC Football. Depending on the numbers who want to do the football, we will either have 1 match or a series of matches and finals.

We want to make our last meeting of 2009 a great send off before we all part for the festive period so we want you all to invite your friends and family along to watch the fun and of course they can enjoy the drinks and nibbles too. Bring along some food and only pay half price for the racing on the night. Please confirm, if you have not done so already, what food you will bring. The club will supply drinks for you all.

Looking forward to the last meeting of 2009 and already thinking about the start of 2010 for the club - the future's looking good...
Old 13-12-2009

for the football would it be possible to have a team of 1/18 scale or 2 teams with 1/18 ?
LOSI 13.5/6.5T BRUSHLESS

Old 13-12-2009

I think we can have mixed teams if you want. It will be a non-contact game so should not be a problem, though not sure if a 1:18 will be able to control the football. Talking of which, I have a football for Friday. It's heavy enough not to be bounced out of play by the cars, but also light enough not to damage the cars.
Old 13-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
I think we can have mixed teams if you want. It will be a non-contact game so should not be a problem, though not sure if a 1:18 will be able to control the football. Talking of which, I have a football for Friday. It's heavy enough not to be bounced out of play by the cars, but also light enough not to damage the cars.

i have a small foam ball about 1/3 the size of my shell front bumper is that 2 small ??
LOSI 13.5/6.5T BRUSHLESS

Old 13-12-2009

Might be worth bringing that along too. As we have not tested any balls yet, the smaller one might be better, who knows
Old 14-12-2009

We now have 18 booked in for Friday's meeting. All are doing the caravan racing and 15 want to do the football. I shall sort our the football runners into 4 teams. Some will have 1 more driver than others but I'll try to match teams as a whole based upon driver skill levels. Remember that it will be a non-contact game and I'll be ready with the whistle if there are any dirty tricks...

What we'll do after the first normal heat and caravan heat is have two matches.

Team 1 will play Team 2 then Team 3 will play Team 4.

Each of the losing sides will play each other for 3rd and 4th place, then the other two sides will play for 1st and 2nd.

Looking forward to a fun night of racing. Don't fotget to bring your nibbles and we'll bring the drinks

If we have any more book before Friday I'll try and slot them into the teams if they are wanting to do the football.

Merry Christmas to you all
Closed Thread