Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 14-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan
Default 2.4ghz radio core rc / etronix

ok so at national yesterday had major issues .

just fitted etronix sticks basic radio set to mardave
(will teach me not to test car out before hand)
-couldnt get full throttle on speedmaster silver star esc so had to use an oval eco where i could set out points of travel ,
found that the travel is far less than compared to my old 27mhz system which is odd as my daughters 2.4 ghz wheel system works fine on same esc .
so today have had all the cars apart going through trying to get to the bottom of whats going on,

turns out that has a much narrowed range on throttle so can only use esc with adjustable end points like viper oval or etronix probe etc
and then noticed steering slow in comparism to old 27 system but if i use seperate 6v supply to reciever seems upto speed .

now this is the etronix basic stix system with the grey reciever so has anyone else noticed steering slow or is it a one off and are the new blue reciever models any faster or are the more expensive models worth the money as im thinking of going back to 27mhz

ps -have got a v60 variant coming to replace the vintage speedmaster but that doesnt solve the sluggish steering response

also on a similar note brother was using the more expensive system from core also with th grey reciever and he was suffering with car cutting out.
Old 15-03-2011

Let me know if you want to off load the silverstar, be good to have for my vintage collection I have.