Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 01-12-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin367 View Post
Paul/gazza I appreciate what your doing and i commend you for trying something new and i looks great......i don't want to come accross as a suporter of mardave at all but if its a mardave class or section on a forum like this why confuse matters !?

and all i did was post a picture of the NEW MARDAVE chassis
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 01-12-2011

moved to website
Old 01-12-2011

Moved to rc circuit cars.com
Old 01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
In fact, once you muddy the stock class you would get the age old thing, People may think one is better at the local club (as its driven by the best driver, but nobody accepts they are not the best driver) so people will swap over, then a new competitor will come along and everyone will flock to that kit.. Essentially you will have an emulation of the TC racing scene, but on a smaller UK scene which will fizzle out as everyone might as well go and race TC's

Doomed I tell ya! your all doomed!!!!
Spot on, the car pictured at the top of this thread is a £90 kit with £60/70 worth of addons, for that money you can buy a proper kit, 1/12th scale and blow the arse out of any dave.

Like every coin their are two sides, stock mardave which is what keeps people racing as it's all about car preparation and driver skill. Now superdave which is becoming a mini touring car class, lets spend alot more money on a basic design in an attempt to make it faster/better. The only plus side from this is for clubs you have a ladder of progression rather than a completely different class.
Old 01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulnuneaton View Post
PMSL comments like have held the mardave back for the last 25 years if it was for not foward thinking people you would still have the servo operated speed controler still be arseing about with NImhs as said before google the mardave back 15 years then look in your pit hauler see whats changed not a lot how does this brain washing of Mardave ever catch on is there some secret pill you take. Get real the move is on just like it was with lipos just watch your local club a P2 will turn up there im sure such negative thinking its that that has held the Mardave up for so many years.
Dictatorship thats all it is until you know all the facts and i dont mean from your buddys then i would side line till you have all the facts!!!!
Actually i spoke to the chairman of BRCA and had it confirmed. stop try to cause argument about a chassis that aint legal above club level and crawl back into your hole. leave the mardave forums alone with that thing and post somewhere else. its not a mardave and dont belong here. the dave class aint been hold back its just stayed that way because thats what we want. and a p2 wont turn up at my club. END OF. DONT REPLY, BECAUSE I WONT BE!!
Old 01-12-2011

moved to site

Last edited by Paulnuneaton; 01-12-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-12-2011

Errr Guys no one is causeing an argument its about a chassis. . its a chassis nothing more nothing less if you dont want one dont buy one whats all the fuss about

Stamp on it LOL yea you can but if some dad comes up and stamps on you . . . . What a plonkler

any way unlike an ally one it will go back to its originall shape

Jay you can call who you like at the BRCA a members vote is just that . . if its voted that cars can run with xx wheel base and xx track width and heaven for bid a LiPo battery and a brushless motor in what you gonna do jump out the window
Old 01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post

and all i did was post a picture of the NEW MARDAVE chassis
i agree, its all got childish now. why its been allowed in a Mardave forum i dont know
Old 01-12-2011

moved to site
Old 01-12-2011

and if a P2 does turn up at your club what . . you gonna go defcon 2 and launch an all out nuclear attack . . grow up

So what about the alloy rear pods chris has now started to make

Was this because some guy on ebay was selling them . . No it's because the heat transfer is better than the plastic ones as they warp so will you ban this from your club or jump all over it

Then we have the plastic Diff hub that . . well lets say it does not run true and wobbles all over the place so again some one on ebay was selling them . . oh look Chris now has alloy ones that are far better than the plastic ones so will you ban this from your club or jump all over it

Now I have come up with a Better chassis how long before chris takes it on board . . .we will just have to wait and see

Now the G2 & 4 cell with the ally chassis. .. been around for ages . . yep sure has and will be around for a lot longer no one is saying any think about it its a good solid car FOR A BEGINNER

The brushless class is the next step as and the Chassis had to change because the ally one could not cope with it and as it warped people could not get there car to handle so beginners packed up all because the chassis was bent as for for the super dave class well that died of death but yea no one is condoning any thing just that the P2 is a far superior chassis to the Ce one and you hate it because its what . . . .

well thats it like Paul says if you want one buy one if not dont simple

And Glen yea please stop trolling the sites its real sad
Old 02-12-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Look at it this way gentlemen...

Knowing nothing about Mardaves I was looking to buy one a while ago - I used to own a ministock and fancied something similar. When I discovered that they don't take lipo or brushless I said hell no! No way I was downgrading my stuff to exactly the same gear I had when I was 15 (that's 20 years ago, by he way)

Anyway, that's my 2p worth.

Let's keep it a touch more civil please
Old 02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Look at it this way gentlemen...

Knowing nothing about Mardaves I was looking to buy one a while ago - I used to own a ministock and fancied something similar. When I discovered that they don't take lipo or brushless I said hell no! No way I was downgrading my stuff to exactly the same gear I had when I was 15 (that's 20 years ago, by he way)

Anyway, that's my 2p worth.

Let's keep it a touch more civil please
I am the complete opposite of this as I have just got a mardave and is all set up for g2 stock class as I was fed up with all the money being thrown around at buggies and the lack of driving etiquette at least once the dave is set up right it makes for some of the closest racing and some of the best battles for tq that I have seen at our club anyway I always thought keeping the traditional chassis etc makes it more down to the driver than the car and it keeps it super cheap and is a lot more fun if you change the car to much you may as well race pan cars
Old 02-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
and if a P2 does turn up at your club what . . you gonna go defcon 2 and launch an all out nuclear attack . . grow up

So what about the alloy rear pods chris has now started to make

Was this because some guy on ebay was selling them . . No it's because the heat transfer is better than the plastic ones as they warp so will you ban this from your club or jump all over it

Then we have the plastic Diff hub that . . well lets say it does not run true and wobbles all over the place so again some one on ebay was selling them . . oh look Chris now has alloy ones that are far better than the plastic ones so will you ban this from your club or jump all over it
The Mardave alloy pod was in development for mardave along time before the one on ebay was available
anyone that has seen the work that has gone into it will understand that the development process was huge for it
it started off by me wanting an alloy pod and contacting chris mid 2008 with a phone call too say id like too make one of these but it would be a copy of your design is that ok or if its a success would you like too buy them/have them produced
The first prototype took over a year too get from drawing too made and machined up and fitted on a car then we started too develop it.when i first ran it i instantly noticed how much cooler the motor was but the car handled horrendously as there was this huge lump of aluminium hung on the back of the car. So next was too get the scales and weigh the standard plastic pod with a G4worlds heatsink and try too make the complete alloy pod the same weight! It is too within a couple of grams we included into the design the square locator between the pod sides and bar that is machined so tight that its virtually impossible too get any twist in the pod. The fit for the bearings is all individually reamed rather than the cnc finish to make them a perfect fit this was all nearly another year of development and many many hours of sat infront of a pc on solid works not too mention the hours of machine time it took up too get a version 2 prototype.
I took a call off of chris at the start of the year about the diff hub and so the process started again this was before the one was available on here! if youve looked at it it takes six spoke and 4 spoke wheels is lightened and supplied with an oversize bearing!
dont be so quick too shoot him down he works incredibly hard trying too keep everyone happy and trying too put such a huge list of parts instock!
Gaz and paul good luck with your chassis i made a similar carbon one about 4 years ago won everything it entered and got it banned from most clubs!Its nothing new that hasnt been done before.
jp
Old 02-12-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
I am the complete opposite of this as I have just got a mardave and is all set up for g2 stock class as I was fed up with all the money being thrown around at buggies and the lack of driving etiquette at least once the dave is set up right it makes for some of the closest racing and some of the best battles for tq that I have seen at our club anyway I always thought keeping the traditional chassis etc makes it more down to the driver than the car and it keeps it super cheap and is a lot more fun if you change the car to much you may as well race pan cars
Mine would never have been a racer, just for carpark action with the kiddies.
I ended up putting some old electrics into an old zx5SP I have gathering dust.
Old 02-12-2011

@ Jonny P

Mate nice bit of info from you there its nice to see others trying to help well done that man

Dont get me wrong I really love the Dave I really do its just. . well I cant put my finger on it I was 100% dedicated on helping Chris and I got back nothing but false statements and I cant work like that

As for

"i made a similar carbon one about 4 years ago won everything it entered and got it banned from most clubs! Its nothing new that hasnt been done before."

Yea where did you race that. . . have you got any Picture's love to see it
Sound's some thing I would / could / might improve on
Old 02-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulnuneaton View Post
As for Mr wilkinson well now a carbon chassis for £30 or under that my mates will never happen as the old chassis was £38
Just as a FYI the new mardave carbon chassis and top plate will be £29.99
Old 02-12-2011

moved thread
Old 02-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Default rule changes?

just too give you something too do ive included the rules i was emailed prior too ardent national so you can resolve all this rules changes twoddle
and the rules state any Mardave chassis
the Mardave carbon official chassis is legal aslong as its on the market 2 weeks before the next national
hope this clears alot up!

FOR THE PROPOSED BRCA SECTION 2011 MARDAVE CIRCUIT CAR

CONSTRUCTION RULES CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS GENERAL CONSTRUCTION RULES V5 ; 17/10/2011

Cars to be Mardave V12 chassis and suspension Ball races allowed on both front and rear axles. Either 32 or 48 dp pinion and spur gear may be used. Mardave Differentials will be allowed. V20 & V20a wheel carriers & Gears are allowed. Car suspension and wheel carriers shall remain as kit although any commercially available springs may be used. The use of countersunk holes and screws on the underside of the chassis are recommended but not mandatory. Body mounts may be changed or altered. Battery mountings may be changed from original. Wiper board mounting plate may be changed, altered or removed. The motor may be fitted to either side of the pod, either directly or via a spacer/plate(to prevent heat transfer and softening of the blocks, or for weight distribution) providing that there are no alterations to the mounting blocks.(drilling of a hole for access to pinion grub screw and/or addition of tie bar to prevent distortion are permissible) Mardave alloy pod may be used. No external bumpers are permitted, although a firm foam internal bumper is mandatory on the front.(10mm minimum cross section) Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system. Heatsinks with cooling fans are allowed. Plastic whip aerials are allowed but not metal whip aerials or rollover masts BODYSHELL Only the following Mardave Lexan shells may be used for the time being although more shells will be added when approved.

V113L Porsche V131 GT2

V140 Lotus GT1 - V155 Ascari GT3

The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race. No supplementary aerofoils or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a realistic size rear wing if desirable. This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed. The body shell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature. The rear of the body shell should remain intact, i.e. not cut-out above the lower bumper line. ELECTRICS STANDARD BRUSHED Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.(MAX UK r.r.p. £69.99) Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCad and Nimh only. Battery mountings may be changed from the original. Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 (2010) unit; No other motors are allowed. Commercially available comm. drops may be applied to the motor commutator. Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor commutators allowed.

BRUSHLESS 13.5 / 1s Lipo Only forward or forward & reverse Brushless ESC’s with NO TURBO or BOOST or ‘on the fly’ timing advance unless from the following list :-

ESC’s with BLINKY mode activated will be allowed (we will also be checking these fully on the day)

Fusion: - Exceed (Sport, Race, Pro) Castle Creations: - Mamba Max Pro. LRP :- A.I Brushless Reverse, Ai Brushless Pro Reverse, SPX Brushless Reverse, SPX Brushless Bullet - Reverse. Nosram : - Evil Reverse, Evil Power Reverse, Matrix Brushless Reverse, Matrix Power Brushless Reverse Novak : - GTB (GTB 4 Cell, GTB, GTB Spectrum) GTB2, Havoc 1 Cell, Havoc Sport. Tekin :- R1(sensorless) Other suitable ESC’s may be added from time to time NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards 1s lipo use. A voltage booster may be required in most cases. Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries or 3cell Nimh 3.6 volt Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns and a maximum UK r.r.p. of £65.00. Below is a list of approved motors. Others may be added as they become available.

Fusion Exceed £64.99 LRP Eraser £42.99 LRP Vector K4 £56.99 (New Range) Losi Xcelorin £59.99 (One large mail order shop is not stocking as discontinued) Hpi Flux Pro £64.98 Hobbywing £54.95 Team Powers Superlite £34.99 Team Powers plutonium £54.99 Hacker E40 £64.99 Nosram Dragon £???? (discontinued as above - Modelsportuk) Speed Passion Sportsman 2.0 £44.99 Team Powers plutonium £54.99

TIRES The tires may be changed from the original kit tires Tires to be Min 20mm Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tires, but the tire must cover the wheel. Any foam tire make or compound allowed. Any commercially available tire additive from the BRCA list may be used and any excess is removed from the surface of the tires and tires to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to putting on track

GENERAL SETUP Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, 1mm at the spur gear. Minimum car weight is 1kg (1000g).

PLEASE NOTE Any car not conforming to the above rules will still be allowed to race but will NOT gain any championship points. For drivers wishing to develop or modify cars, this should be done and tested at club level.

If you cant find it the only change is the weight too 950grams as agreed at ardent on the saturday am
jp
Old 02-12-2011

moved thread
Old 02-12-2011
Mad Member

From the Facebook group.

Just to let you all know Chassis will be here in 10 days & Pre orders will be taken from web site www.mardave.co.uk or via your local model shop Retail £29.95 Chassis & Plate