Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 28-06-2013

roflmfao

Chris.....

Schumacher CAT K1
Schumacher Supastox
__________________________________________________ ________________

Well that was me...the guy you just lapped...again
Old 01-07-2013

ialso think ribble needs more jumps. they dont have to be bigger just more of them as we race buggies and have one jump and one bump and thats all. even if its just more the size of the small ramps to imitate a uneven surface make it a bit more challenging rather than a high speed circuit.

i think there will be less breakages as the speeds wont be as high etc
Old 01-07-2013

I have a mixed view on this. In one way I would love more jumps but it may make the track a bit too busy. I would like to see a higher table top positioned on a corner so u enter and exit at 90 degrees, keeps it interesting and speed down. On the other side I would rather see an extra width of carpet as it should open the racing up more. Also maybe the application if the ride height rule maybe?

Also on a subnote we all need to careful and aware of people doing track repairs between heats which does include me (sorry Rachel).

I know there are still people who want to ban/prevent the use of foams, but if that happens I cannot afford to race myself.

All my personal opinion of course.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 01-07-2013

more jumps, more fun.

Old 01-07-2013

Adam agree with you in that with more obstacles it will slow things down and decrease breakages.

Matt, with you on the right angled tabletop as it would then stop it from becoming a launch pad. Don't think the club will buy any additional carpet as it would mean pitting in the main hall would be extremely tight which would mean maybe having to book the smaller gym room for pitting and don't know what the cost implication would be but interested to know.

Interesting to hear that people are after banning foams is there a particular reason? from a cost perspective I don't believe that for a 2wd it's much cheaper than running pins.