Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 31-03-2010
Mad Member

Default Bmax ownership

I am considering getting a BMAX-4 and was wondering how easy it was to setup? Do you find that you have a base setup that needs just a little tweaking between tracks or is there are lot of tweaking needed?

Also, how strong is the car and do you ever have difficulty getting parts?

Thanks
Old 31-03-2010

Hi, they're a pretty quick car out of the box. ive only made a few suttle changes to get it how i like it http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...komoBMax4.html check that out for more setups

if your going to get one then get hold of a set of carbon fibre shock towers from xtreme rc, they're a direct replacement from the nastey weak plastic ones and you'll struggle to break them ive had a few offs and im yet to break anythinggetting hold of spares is easy enough and suprisingly cheap for a yokomo car. i love mine.

They're a very easy car to drive fast.
Hope this helps
Old 31-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

Spares are, shall we say, a tad rare at present tbh......... we are hoping CML can reslove some issues they are experiencing with their Yokomo supply of parts VERY SOON, I know they are working on it as we speak

Cannot agree more on the shock towers, our all new "DMS Partz" Carbon fibre towers for the front and rear are now both avialable and do strengthen the car massively. The new towers feature extra shock tuning holes and an extra camber link positon on the rear too, also feature lightweight cut outs to prevent them from becoming air dams too......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 31-03-2010

I agree, it's a very solid and easy to setup car! I haven,t had any problems with the shock towers ... Yet... And haven't read about many either... But the carbon towers mentioned above do look great and seem strong. Certainly not a bad investment if you have a few $ hanging around...

With the stock setup I was pretty much just as fast as I was with my B44 last year. I've started slowly making a few tweaks here and there, but nothing major except adding weight under the Lipo packs to get it to 1800g. That's all!

If you can't get the parts in the UK, there are several online shops in Japan that have or can get parts and ship them fast (http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.com/). But obviously supporting your local business is better...

It's a great kit (beautifull quality). You'll love it...
Old 31-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Hi Toby,

I was torn between a B-Max4 and a B44...

Eventually went for the B44 due to a little research I did on both cars.

B-Max4: Spares seem to be hit or miss, and apparently the support from Yokomo Japan for this country is a bit poor. However, it is an excellent car, and has achieved so much in the last two years.

I am running a B4 as well, and most of the rear end is compatible
e.g. Hubs, shocks, rear suspension arms, camber links etc etc. This is obviously a good thing as it keeps the number of spares down. You also have a complete set of spare shocks for easy tuning from the B4!

I think the Bmax-4 maybe an easier car to drive fast, but is less popular at club, and there are lots of B44's where I race. There seem to be lots of hop-ups and top driver setups floating about for the B44 as well, which edged it for me. Swings and roundabouts - the Bmax-4 '09 top spec looks sweet, but I couldn't stretch to that, it would have been my choice.

HTH
Mark
Old 31-03-2010

hi
b-max is a very good car, the only weak points are the front wish-bones and front shock towers, we have developed the carbon shock towers in 5mm and they look the same as the stock ones but are very strong, the new style front wish-bones are stronger. we stock most of the spares and all ways have front wishbones!!!
ed is on his second b-max now the, factory car and with the big-bore shocks goes very well indeed.
xtreme
www.xtreme-rc.biz
01304 374742
Old 01-04-2010

Default B-Max

I used to run a Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, which was a good car but a little bit fragile, in my opinion. I bought a B-Max last, the Champ Pack version, and have not looked back since.
Old 01-04-2010

Not done loads of running with mine, but thus far I love my BMAX! having run an B44 a couple of years ago, the BMAX is easier to drive i think, very forgiving, and is very predictable. Works well out of the box too. Plently of guys here to bounce idea's/set ups off too. I've not broken any shock towers on mine yet, but def invest in the carbon ones. looking at them they'll break whatever you hit before they break!!

BMAX - FTW
Old 01-04-2010

i own a b-max since nearly one year and only broke two front wishbones because of radio problems. i never broke a shock tower ore other plastics. so i would highly recommend this car.
Old 02-04-2010
Mad Member

Thanks for all your feedback guys

I've definately got this on my shortlist now...I can't find anyone who has direct experience of one that has a bad thing to say about it...

...but the spares availability (or potential lack of) is a bit concerning.

Is anyone running the big bore shocks, is there a kit where they come as standard and do they make a big difference? I presume that different springs and pistons are required when using the big bores?

Thanks again
Old 02-04-2010
Mad Member

if your gonna get one get the factory kit it comes with big bore. the big bore shocks are excelent ive been running them for a couple of months and they are very good.

stu rand
Old 02-04-2010

Any pics and prices of the carbon towers please?
Old 02-04-2010
Mad Member

here is a link. http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36065

stu rand
Old 03-04-2010

Nice Cheers