Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 27-05-2010

Thumbs up drivetrain noise

im getting alot of noise in the rear drive train in the bmax.i tried replacing the rear cvd's in the car but still getting the same result.also tried relubing and cleaning the rear diff as well but still have the same issue.i was looking at a friends bmax (same car).when i spun the wheels to feel how the diff was,it was ultra smooth,nothing like mine.could this be the diff balls? when i spin mine i hear the high pitch noise as i rotate the diff back and forth.and mine feels a little crunchy.should i set the diff a little looser than the front? when i had my 44 i ran the diff alot looser? any advise would be greatly appreciated!

car drives super smooth other than that
Old 27-05-2010

Default diff balls

I would definitely get new diff balls, the B-Max ones don't last long. Get Vampire or Ghost rc diff balls. I run the diffs quite tight and the a bit slipper loose.
Old 27-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertonal View Post
I would definitely get new diff balls, the B-Max ones don't last long. Get Vampire or Ghost rc diff balls. I run the diffs quite tight and the a bit slipper loose.
ok i was thinkin the same thing
thanks man
Old 28-05-2010

Yeah it could definetly be the diff balls or the plates. If you rebuild, rebuild everything! Make sure you flip the diff plates (and thrust plates) so they start out on a brand new surface. I replaced my diff balls with ACER racing carbide diff balls and thrust balls which are excellent quality with free international shipping. I just relubed my diff (after 3 races on it) and I found the diff plates are starting to dig in already. Maybe the steel used is a bit soft?? I remember reading a post about this here where one of the guys uses a harder touring car diff plate from Yokomo. I'm going to be looking into these when I go through my reserve of diff plates...

Let us know if it solved the problem!