Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 18-01-2011

Default Raced at ribble vallley

I travelled from oxford to race at the last meeting before christmas and i raced in the short course class, i wish to say thanks to everyone for the freindly atmoshere and for waiting for me to setup my car as i arraived late
i will be defiantly racing at your club more often
cheers
michael
ps see you friday
Old 18-01-2011

Your more than welcome Michael.

We had 32 racers last week, 13 Mardaves and 19 Buggies so if we have the same this Friday we will be running 4 heats which will give you a bit more time between races.

Peter
Race Control
Old 18-01-2011

Pete just to say last Friday was really enjoyable. Very relaxed and friendly. I'll definitely be doing as many Friday's as possible in the future.
Unfortunately work commitments make it difficult to attend for the next three/four weeks, then hopefully I’ll be back on track.
Old 28-01-2011

Hi there,

Just sorting out corners for our track at Roundabout Raceway and was hoping you could give me a bit of help. I've just got the square downpipe, and liked the style of corners you run (looks better than the idea I had).

So 2 questions for now...

1/ Where is the corner plastic from (or what is it supposed to be)? I can see it's plastic strip but where do you get it from?

2/ I was going to join the straight pieces with a block of wood, but on your pics it looks like there's a bolt as well. Is there a hole in the wooden joiner and you just drop the bolt in like a lynch (sp?) pin? Or is it actually bolted?

Thanks for any help,

Dave
Roundabout Raceway
Stockists of Associated, Hot Bodies, Schumacher, FTX, HPI, Hobao, Exceed, XRay, Nosram, Alturn, RPM, Thunder Tiger, Venom, Pro-Line, Fastrax, Novak, Losi, RPM, RW Racing, Blue Bird, Savox, Spektrum, Byron and way,way more.
--------------------
Daves Cars...
Just a lonely mini E-Revo right now
Old 28-01-2011

Hi Dave, you are right about the joints we just drop a coach bolt into a pre drilled hole.

The plastic is a bit more problematic in that we get it through someone at the BRCA in a sheet then you have to cut it up. Its a long time since we got any but if you contact anyone on the BRCA committee I am sure they will help. It is good stuff and we get only rare breakages.

Regards
Eric Dunn
Chairman
RVRCCC

Last edited by ericd2477; 28-01-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 28-01-2011

Thanks for the info.

Think I'm going to be doing quite a bit of work on these barriers on Monday

Might try splitting one pipe and using that as corners for now until I speak to the BRCA.

Thanks again for the help,

Dave
Roundabout Raceway
Stockists of Associated, Hot Bodies, Schumacher, FTX, HPI, Hobao, Exceed, XRay, Nosram, Alturn, RPM, Thunder Tiger, Venom, Pro-Line, Fastrax, Novak, Losi, RPM, RW Racing, Blue Bird, Savox, Spektrum, Byron and way,way more.
--------------------
Daves Cars...
Just a lonely mini E-Revo right now
Old 10-10-2011

Default Record Numbers at RVRCCC

There were 57 racers at RVRCCC last Friday and I think our race controler Peter did a fantastic job and Barbara too booking in racers.

You usually only get these numbers at weekend meets when you have plenty of time to book racers in so if Peter and Barbara looked harrassed at times dont be surprised.

I would like to thank all the racers who came because its you who make the event.

Eric
Chairman