Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 14-11-2011

Default north west stages 4th feb 2012

The south lakes model car club are going to be doing a demo for the public at the Norbreck Castle Hotel's Norcalympia Exhibition Area Blackpool on saturday the 4th feb 2012 . We are opening the offer to join us for a meeting to show the public what rc racing is all about . If you are interested in joining us and handing out some info on your club your more than welcome as long as your racing too . The cost will be a FIVE POUNDS for the day with the money raised being given to the Marie Curie Cancer Care that the north west stages are supporting .

Please pm if your interested .

Touring cars welcome with 2wd and 4wd buggys and mardaves . Please note no spikes or pins please . We will be racing on our indoor track that is being brought down for the day .

http://www.nwstages.co.uk/index.html
Old 14-11-2011

im sure a lot of people will be interested in this but what tyres are allowed as i race mini pins indoors as do alot of other racers at our club
Old 15-11-2011

We are running on foams or dirt hawgs . You can run anything as long as its not spiked .
Old 15-11-2011

Hi Stuart, I'm sure alot of people from local clubs would want to come and support this but by saying no spikes your probably going to struggle.

Ribble runs on mostly mini pins, as does Roundabout and Southport. As much as I've been agruing the benefits of foams in the Batley section, if you want a good turn out I think you're going to have to be flexible.

Out of interest why is it foams only, I'm discounting the Hawgs because they're crap. I'm sure Pete from Ribble would agree our club was worried spikes would damage their carpet but they haven't at all.
Old 15-11-2011

We have run pins at Ribble for over a year now, with very good numbers down every week but the carpet is not showing any sign of wear. The club did worry it would ruin the carpet but it looks fine.

But if stuart is saying you can only run Hawgs or foams, you run with these or you don't race.

Every club has rules it up to the racers to run to them.

Saying that Andy, Hawgs are c**p, foams would be the better choice, but since I only have pins and Hawgs I will be running Hawgs.

Peter
Old 15-11-2011

Hi Pete, I think the event sounds worthwhile and I'd like to see it well attended. Anyone who puts the effort in to something like this deserves a good turnout. I just wanted to highlight something that could prevent that. I know a few lads that would be interested but foams only will put them off.
Old 15-11-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

sounded great till i got to the point were it said no pins or spikes, realistically who's going to buy foams or dirt hawgs to do one race,
Old 15-11-2011

Or carpet is showing signs of wear (it was new to us when we got it ) and we are not in the position of replacing it at the moment. New club transponders for the regional that we hold and lap top are on this years shopping list both are in need of replacing . For the 12 or so meetings we hold every year indoors the moneys best saved for a rainy day to keep us going.

Some people have cut the off the spikes on schumacher yellows and still done well as im sure most will have an old set of spikes that are past there best to do this .
Old 15-11-2011

thats track solution for you rots all carpet
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
sounded great till i got to the point were it said no pins or spikes, realistically who's going to buy foams or dirt hawgs to do one race,
+1.....

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 16-11-2011

I get the point about people not wanting to buy tires for a one off meeting. what do people think about using cut off yellow minispikes with addative, we tried them at our club and they worked quite well? everyone must have a set of tires to worn for offroad?

we put on a display here last year at very short notice and had people interested most of the day Eric was busy handing out flyers for your club there too so it would be good to work something out to get more people to take part
Old 16-11-2011
Banned

Surely additive would be more harmful to the carpet than pins?

To be honest i would love to come, But I can't see why pins would be an issue, Ribble Valleys & Roundabouts carpet is in mint condition, and they are pretty much abused with pins.

Unless you guys run "Normal" buggy tires i can imagine it will be a very poor turnout. I would urge you to re-consider
Old 16-11-2011

Our carpet came from morcambe origonaly it's always been used with foams and addative, and is probably well over 10 years old, and as we're such a small club we would be hard presssed to replace it. Which is why we've looked at alternative tires for our meetings, and why i've suggested cut minispikes as an alternative for other clubs.
Old 16-11-2011

I'll be there Don't see any problem with running some old worn out tyres! Just cut the remaining spikes off! At the end of the day its all about promoting our sport and helping a good charity! If the guys dont want spiked tyres on their carpet, that's fine.
Old 16-11-2011

if i can run slightly worn mini pins ill be there otherwise it means cutting down new tires which is not worth while for me (i aint rich)

foams for 1/10th buggys are hard to find and cut down spikes are more harsh than mini pins

if mini pins are allowed the turn out will be great

only the tires thats off putting otherwise im well up for this
Old 16-11-2011

This event isn't until February! Surely you must have worn some tyres down past their usable life before then?
Old 16-11-2011

as stated above tyres for this event will be , no spike or pins please??the statement that additive is allowed but no pins is silly additive will do twice as much harm as pins or spike
Old 16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
as stated above tyres for this event will be , no spike or pins please??the statement that additive is allowed but no pins is silly additive will do twice as much harm as pins or spike

The carpet is over 10 years old, passed on from Morecambe. Morcambe have always run with additive on both foams and rubber tyres, as have Southlakes. The carpet has stood up to it for over a decade already!
Old 16-11-2011

they had this issue at ribble valley, they allowed spikes got twice as many people turning up, and have been running spikes and or mini pins for over a year without any wear or tear on it,IMHO you worries are unfounded
Old 16-11-2011

At the end of the day it is the clubs wish not to run spiked or pin tyres, I think we should respect that. They don't mind us running old worn tyres, which we all have , or will have by February. The event is all about promoting the sport and helping a good charity.

I wonder if Ribble valleys carpet will still be usable in 10 years?