Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 03-02-2012

Default Racing Tonight

So who's racing tonight?
I was goin to run my mid motor but I've just masked it up ready to paint.
Old 03-02-2012

we will be there tonight I dont know what to run tho. It might be the b4 with having the 24 hour race next week need some 2wd practise
Old 03-02-2012

Bring it on... I will be running both 4wd and 2wd... Numbers dependent

I have not been for 2 weeks and have a large itch i need to scratch

Centro C4 - AE B44.1 FT
Sanwa Exzes - LRP SXX TC Version 1 - Orca 6.5t - Tekin 9.5t
Old 03-02-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
we will be there tonight I dont know what to run tho. It might be the b4 with having the 24 hour race next week need some 2wd practise
2WD for me too, I can't wait for next week!!
Old 03-02-2012

Me and adam arent running tonite so itll giv u guys some chance get some practice haha and wez does tht mean u streightened ur c4 , we re goin southport sunday well fornby if any of u fancy gettin beat haha
Old 03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkygrump81 View Post
Me and adam arent running tonite so itll giv u guys some chance get some practice haha and wez does tht mean u streightened ur c4 , we re goin southport sunday well fornby if any of u fancy gettin beat haha
The pure cheek of it

The reason your not going is you don't want to get your ar$e handed to you, by my epic driving skills

The c4 is work in progress with the strengthening senario.... but i do have duct tape on standby if all else fails..

I was meant to be going bury on sunday, but weather dependent i might see you up at Formby (& girlfriend dependent)

Centro C4 - AE B44.1 FT
Sanwa Exzes - LRP SXX TC Version 1 - Orca 6.5t - Tekin 9.5t
Old 04-02-2012

Red face

Thought id continue on this thread instead of making a new one.

Night seemed to run really smooth, no hick ups i dont believe and it was great to have the tuck shop back
Good to see a lot of new drivers there.

Qualifying as good tonight, top driving by everyone. Marshalls were there & quick. Thank you

Finals, too few marshalls, had they gone home? Tightened slipper on my car before the race and didnt have a practice before hand, opps. That combined with frustation kinda ended it for me.

Just thought id use this time to promote a new website ive been working on. Its called BuggySetups.com and its basically a website where you can submit and download 1/10th and 1/8th RC Buggy Setups. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks
Ollie
Old 04-02-2012

I think your right ollie was a good night I think there where 7 new drivers there last night which was great.
You are right about the final this is second meeting in a row where it seems like the B final drivers have gone home I know it gets late but its only fair they should turn out to marshall I know Lee was on his roof for nearly a lap then to be marshalled by a young girl that should not have been marshalling that race in the first place

I wont post any set up tips on your site ollie 6mm off float in all the wishbones and olive oil in the shocks might not go down wellold school me you know
Old 04-02-2012

I agree with all your coments in fact i was one of the new drivers and it was my first time since i was 15 when i had a lwb optima mid turbo, ohh the memories. My daughter and i totally enjoyed our night even thought i broke the car in the first 5 secs of the first heat (have non of these manufactures heard of titanium) but we decided to stay till the end and do our bit marshalling and putting away the track as this is what we did when we were kids, and i want to teach her that is what you do when you come for a night of racing.

I must say thought that alot of people dont seem to share our views and even though my daughter enjoyed the marshalling, and to be fair i think she did a sterling job for her first ever time at marshalling and at and rc meet she did do more than her fair share, with our post seemingly empty for most of the night she felt that she had to step in.

Anyway we cant wait to come again next week hopefully get some more track time in, and we will appologise now if we get in peoples way we are trying.

We are both driving next week i think so bring on the carnage, and sorry for any broken bits in advance

Hope to chat to some of you guys more seems like a really good meet,
atmosphere and run well, so if you see me struggling with my cars or scratching my head just give me a gentle point in the right direction.

Thanks all for a great night
Old 04-02-2012

I'm glad you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves John, pity you didn't get more racing in, better luck next week.

The club has a number of racers who go the extra mile in helping make it what it is, and unfortunately some that sit back, but anyone thats been involved in any club will know thats always the case.

On the point of missing marshals, I have 10 Hi-Vis vests that I will bring and expect the marshals to wear. This will help me identify who is doing what they are supposed to do. For the younger marshals wearing a XL Hi-Vis might give them a bit of a problem, although seeing Vaughn running around the track with the vest draging on the floor would be entertaining, if they just hold it until the start of the race then replace it back onto the cone would save a few visits to the hospital. If it works then the club will buy a range of sizes. Your thoughts on this will be welcome.

Peter (race control)
Old 04-02-2012

Pete, high vis vests are used in the 1/12 nationals without any problem so would be a good idea here.
Old 04-02-2012

I think hi-vis vests are a must, it'll help identify who is doing there bit and when alot of people are watching trackside its hard to tell who is meant to be marshalling.

As always tho a good night and well run by Pete and Eric, thanks guys..
Old 04-02-2012

The hi-vis jacket idea is nice. Maybe also make sure that marshalls are at the right positions also assisting you find out who is missing.

It's great that your daughter realised that realised that somewhere needed to be Marshalled. We just need to becareful as we dont want anyone getting hit by a car because it will hurt.
Old 04-02-2012

Hi everyone,

I was there for my second race last night and it didn't go to well. I missed a heat and could never get my slipper set right! I did better though, surprisingly, than last time when i was 1st in the E Final. Now 5th in the D Final. I'm not that sure about the hi-vis vest especially not for the younger kids as that might cause a few crushed cars as the kids could trip :s.
Old 04-02-2012

The youngsters will only have to hold them until the start of the race then put them back onto the marshall cone.

In my experience its the older racers who forget that they have to marshall after their race, even if they have been racing for years!!!

On Friday night I only had to tell one youngster to marshall but lost count how many times I needed to ask the more experienced racers.

I don't want to make a big thing about this as its only a few who forget!! but it can and has spoilt the night for others.

Peter
Old 04-02-2012

Understandable
Old 04-02-2012

Smile Back on Track

Finally got my veteran Losi XXCr on the track not having raced at all since '98. Apart from new boots and speedo, using original 17dbl brushed Yokomo motor, 2000 SCR's with a three times recycle charge/discharge to get them ready.

Booked into rvrcc only to realise numpty here left one vital thing off the checklist, my wallet. Thankfully Pete told me the first race session for visitors are free So I was able to race.

Had an enjoyable session, struggled a bit with understeer and helped by Andy to tweak suspension settings made it to the B final

So pleased with the event and the friendly, well organised atmosphere of the club.

Nice to know I still have twitchy thumbs. And my thanks to rvrcc for the welcome.

Looking forward to more racing this year.
Kind Regards
Leo
Old 04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus2010 View Post
Finally got my veteran Losi XXCr on the track not having raced at all since '98. Apart from new boots and speedo, using original 17dbl brushed Yokomo motor, 2000 SCR's with a three times recycle charge/discharge to get them ready.

Booked into rvrcc only to realise numpty here left one vital thing off the checklist, my wallet. Thankfully Pete told me the first race session for visitors are free So I was able to race.

Had an enjoyable session, struggled a bit with understeer and helped by Andy to tweak suspension settings made it to the B final

So pleased with the event and the friendly, well organised atmosphere of the club.

Nice to know I still have twitchy thumbs. And my thanks to rvrcc for the welcome.

Looking forward to more racing this year.
Kind Regards
Leo

I saw your car yesterday good to see a bit of retro cool
Old 04-02-2012

Wow hi viz vests!!! Pete I'll be coming in my leather strides, can't wait! Joking aside I think it's well worth a try. My night was plagued by tired ball joints which kept popping off at every corner I turned into, should have been replaced weeks ago. Not racing next week as on hols so looking forward to the week after.
Old 05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
Is it 24 hour racing this Friday? Haven't been for a few weeks.