Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2012

Default End of Mardave

Just seen this article on carpetoval forum

http://carpetoval.com/forums/9-gener...end-of-mardave
Old 27-01-2012

not exactly the end of mardave is it, but something to laugh at while stuck at work on a friday night.

I raced mardave circuit for a few years, and they are great fun. There is one fundamental problem with them in my eyes......

They are really basic and cheap which is great for newcomers, but my god do they look crap. Hardly something a kid is going to see in a shop next to all the usual HPI range etc and go "oh daddy look i want the one thats a slab of metal with wheels"

Dont get me wrong, they are great cars. Personally though i think it takes a recommendation from a friend etc for people to buy them though. If they are on the shelf in a shop they wont sell. They are just too basic.
Old 27-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by s22jgs View Post
not exactly the end of mardave is it, but something to laugh at while stuck at work on a friday night.

I raced mardave circuit for a few years, and they are great fun. There is one fundamental problem with them in my eyes......

They are really basic and cheap which is great for newcomers, but my god do they look crap. Hardly something a kid is going to see in a shop next to all the usual HPI range etc and go "oh daddy look i want the one thats a slab of metal with wheels"

Dont get me wrong, they are great cars. Personally though i think it takes a recommendation from a friend etc for people to buy them though. If they are on the shelf in a shop they wont sell. They are just too basic.
Just leave shell on looks as good as te next car
Old 27-01-2012

love the phrase "does this man have any integrity or morals ??"

he wasnt using much of either when he posted and quoted business emails
Old 27-01-2012

That sort of think is hardly right to discuss on a public forum! If one company has fallen out with another company that really should not be aired like a load of dirty laundry.

In defence of Mardave though, I think they provide some of the best fun and closest racing of any circuit class. The new cars and hop up parts that Chris has released over the last few months has given us cars that we could only dream of a few years back. Take a look at the new carbon CE chassis and the adjustable alloy rear pod - these new cars will certainly stand up beside most other makes on a model shop shelf!

On a slightly different note though, I would like to thank Chris for all the help and support he has given me and my local club. He supported us extremely well when we hosted a Mardave National Open meeting, every order the club has placed for spares to stock the club shop has been honoured very efficiently and quickly and he has also been a great help with all my own racing problems and questions.

The RC hobby needs a class like Mardave for those of us who like the fun, simple racing. People need to keep their own personal business personal, stop sniping and get on with racing.

James
Old 27-01-2012
Mardaveuk

http://m.facebook.com/TeamMardave?__...user=679228930

Not so ugly anymore. And morals the guy has none
Mardave will be around for another 40 years too
Chris
Old 28-01-2012
Mad Member

Best of luck to Chris and Mardave, its up to the manufacturer to decide who sells their products and judging by the way this has been dealt with he is better off on his own!

Really hope he has some registered designs on his components too!!
Old 28-01-2012
Mad Member

Not one to take sides, however its not very professional to air private business emails on a public forum is it? Lets hope all of the new suppliers dont mind about the potential of their emails being disclosed. I'd take that down if I was them.
Old 28-01-2012

But after four years of loyal service to just get crapped on like that? Wouldent you be miffed.
(Ps i dont know whats gone on behind closed doors but i know russel and he is a nice bloke)
Old 28-01-2012
Mad Member

As I said I dont know what's going on and I dont personally know any of the guys, but as business practice its bad form.
Old 28-01-2012

Maybe the internet aint the palce for this to be posted hope they sort it out
Old 28-01-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Miggers

I wish he'd flog the rights to the Cobra onto someone
who wants to put some developement into it(new gearbox for starters)
and make it into a cheap competative club racer in the way
that Ansmann has with its Mad Rat/Monkey series.

That's my only moan about Mardave as is at the present.

Quite a few of us run Cobras still with quite a few Mardave parts
on them,but by the looks of Mardave's swish new website,we're
going to struggle for parts(let alone new cars)because the Cobra
isn't even mentioned on there.
Old 28-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

I don't think that the Cobra is financially viable these days, do you?
Old 28-01-2012
Mardaveuk

Hi all just two points. I will nit go into details as feel enought has already been said. I wish Russell all the best in his new venture.

Right cobra still I'm stock. New diff is on order fibre lite will be doing carbon bits and I hope to have more info soon. We have been working on this for some time and want to roll it out with or without our new brushless system. I will also sort web site so all parts will be available this week

Many thanks
Chris
Mardave
Old 28-01-2012
Mad Member

That's great news, thanks for the update.
Old 29-01-2012

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stox217 View Post
But after four years of loyal service to just get crapped on like that? Wouldent you be miffed.
(Ps i dont know whats gone on behind closed doors but i know russel and he is a nice bloke)
I second that i feel this was not the right time to drop such a bomb shell on any customer that is like putting the screw in the coffin. what is needed is for the mardave to catch up with the all the other developments that are being done. we all know that Shooy will release their new car in the next few weeks, unless Mardave get their finger out and listen to what the guys want instead of fire fighting every development people make then the car would be a class leader. i know i have been up this path with chris with the P2 chassis that has now been seen in belgium and other parts of the country as well. what is needed is for a development section of Mardave where idea's are looked at and tried when we released the P2 chassis we had so much flack that it was un-real.
One person even wanted to stamp on it if he seen it at his track that sort of comments do nothing for bringing the car forward. To be quite frank i will be having the new shooy car. as i know they will go on and on making the car better and better.
As for russel at TIC racing well he is a nice guy and i have loads of time for this man as he listens to things.
maybe if this does not get resolved mardave may well be dead and gone with 26 business going to the wall each week this is not the time nor the place to cut off ones nose to spite the face.
Old 29-01-2012

Purely from an outsiders stand point it seems strange that a website that was setup to sell mardave parts for the last 4 years has now had their mardave support pulled when finally after all that time you can now order parts direct from the mardave website now
Old 29-01-2012

Some thing just not just ring right does it!!!!
Old 29-01-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Miggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I don't think that the Cobra is financially viable these days, do you?

You tell me.
Old 29-01-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
You tell me.
It isn't. I've not seen a cobra in over 5 years!
Closed Thread