Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamorsum96 View Post
i no this may seem abit off the plot but didt a trevor tennent converted a schumacher pan car into a 1/12 stockcar and it won and was disqualified in the late 80s early 90s for there stuart?
Yes, Trevor built a car by basically fitting a stock car chassis on top of a Schumacher C-car.

As the stock car class encourages scratch building and modifying the Schumacher Bandit was never banned, but was killed off as a complete kit by the introduction of a price limit for the class. Still meant a lot of the parts were still used in stock cars for many years after though.

The rules for the class are still the same today, you can still buy a modern pan car, slap stock car chassis rails on it and race it, but you must be prepared to put together a replica and sell it to anyone who wants one for £185, which prevents anyone doing it. It would cost you a fortune if you made it from a Corally SP12X, to be legal you would then have to then sell the stock cars at a massive loss to anyone who wanted one.
Old 03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Yes, Trevor built a car by basically fitting a stock car chassis on top of a Schumacher C-car.

As the stock car class encourages scratch building and modifying the Schumacher Bandit was never banned, but was killed off as a complete kit by the introduction of a price limit for the class. Still meant a lot of the parts were still used in stock cars for many years after though.

The rules for the class are still the same today, you can still buy a modern pan car, slap stock car chassis rails on it and race it, but you must be prepared to put together a replica and sell it to anyone who wants one for £185m, which prevents anyone doing it. It would cost you a fortune of you made it from a Corally SP12X, to be legal you would have to sell the stock cars at a massive loss.
yea thats the one, it was something my dad told me. many years ago lol
cheers terry

Old 03-02-2012

Rock on Mr mardave!!!!!
Old 03-02-2012

terry.sc, you are a legend mate!!

Said everything i was just thinking and some
Old 03-02-2012

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 03-02-2012

strange i just finished a very nasty post,only to find it says something completely different now
dont you think this has run its course now
mardave's not dead, just moving on !

*EDIT* yes it is getting boring isnt it
Old 03-02-2012

not intrested
Old 04-02-2012
Administrator

What a lot of crap this thread is - and Paul, stop posting huge rants and then deleting them! Stand by your words!
It's MARDAVES! it's just a bit of fun - forget the owner and the politics, it's all toy cars at the end of the day.

Closed!