Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 10-01-2015

Default A question about Supastox and pan cars

Hello I was wondering if it's possible to convert the supastox into a 1/12th pan car? and would it be legal for brca use, and also where does everyone buy 1/12th pan car stuff from in the uk as it seems hard to find anything on the internet. i'm wanting to give pan car racing a go but not pay a lot for it and I already own a supastox so it would make it easier if it was possible that is any help is appreciated cheers.
Old 10-01-2015
Mad Member

You can't convert a SupaStox into a 12th car. As a quick look at both cars will show, there is nothing at all in common and the 12th parts will not fit.

Two best places to look for 12th car stuff is AMC (actionmodelcentre.co.uk) and Zen Racing (zen-racing.co.uk) and both will be happy to talk you through what you need. HTH
Old 10-01-2015

Can't find pan cars on the internet?
try looking for 1/12th scale

Action Model Centre - probably one of the best for 1/12th
MB Models - carry kits & spares
Active Scale Models - carry kits & spares
RCDisco for Xray 1/12th & 1/10th pan cars

those 4 off the top of my head

don't think a GT12 car will be as good as true 1/12th racer

Last edited by Coastal; 10-01-2015 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2015

Okay cheers guys I'll just save up and get one then, i'll keep an eye for any second hand ones for sale in the trade room as well as I don't fanct paying new price when it's just to try the class out, and I did try searching 1/12th scale on google but it was mostly american sites that came up thanks for the help guys it's appreciated.
Old 10-01-2015

I did the same and picked up an older CRC off eBay for £30 it takes Lipo's and uses same front end as most new CRC's so good to try out the class, I gave my son my GT12 after running the pan car as it is addictive pushing to the limit of grip and ability!!
Old 11-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beale View Post
I did the same and picked up an older CRC off eBay for £30 it takes Lipo's and uses same front end as most new CRC's so good to try out the class, I gave my son my GT12 after running the pan car as it is addictive pushing to the limit of grip and ability!!
That's what happens when you step over to the 12th side - and we have beer!

These are the fastest RC cars bar none around a track - nothing comes close. These cars cover a 200ft lap length with an 80ft straight and 12 to 14 corners in about 13 seconds. That means each corner is over in less than a second!

They weigh 730g, do 0-30 in less than a second and can change direction better than an F1 car. Best of all you can spend all the money in the world on parts and cars and still get your arse handed to you on a plate by a better driver who has spent a fraction of that amount. No wonder it's addictive!
Old 11-01-2015

Cheers guys so what cars should I be looking for second hand xray?Associated? they do seem quiet hard to come by on e-bay but maybe there's not many people selling them
Old 11-01-2015
Mad Member

It's tricky...

I have bought a number of second-hand 12th cars over the years and each one has been built poorly and required a rebuild. People usually give up 12th because the car doesn't handle because it is not built and prepped properly.

For me, a 12th racer since 1976, that's no biggie. For a new racer it can be very dispiriting when the car you get handles like a dog and you can't find a way to fix it.

I have had a long affection for Associated cars; they have always given me my best results. Nonetheless, the current Xray cars are really (really!) good - easy to build, give a right-first-time result with good handling and have a good tuning manual in the kit.

Much as I would say that Associated, Yokomo, Zen and many other makes are good cars, for a new racer in 12th the Xray will give a better result due to the quality of the parts and the information in the tuning manual. There are set-ups to be had from a number of drivers on 'tinterweb and the parts are easy to come by.

If you do find a car second hand, then try and find someone at a 12th club or a BRCA National to put the rule over it and check it is properly built. Let me know where you are and I'll recommend somewhere to go.

Once you've built it up and had it checked it will give you years of good service. Most 12th drivers keep the same car for three or four seasons. Very little changes and spares are confined to a few items. Front springs should be replaced every three or four meetings (£4!) and the shocks and diffs need a clean every meeting. Apart from that they go on... and on and on and on!

Good luck; come back here and ask anything else you want to know. HTH
Old 12-01-2015

Cheers for the info slowone it's appreciated, I'll keep a look at for a xray then don't think i'll go down the new root as there £200 for the kit thats a tad expensive at the moment haha.