Mad Member

Is it time yet?
Old 05-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Is it time yet?
No, next Friday.
Old 09-11-2015

my latest info from Michal (Mibo) , is the kits will be in stock on Monday 16/11 ...

hopefully this is the correct date now... the driver is very excited to build and drive it
Old 10-11-2015

In "stock" Monday indeed, however, shipping will go from Wednesday. Tuesday is a national holiday in cz

Last weekend i did a small rebuild on the MR4-BX (the last belt driven Yokomo) and it felt good again. Looking forward to the YZ4 and to try it out.

Last edited by skyaflake; 10-11-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-11-2015

Woo Hoo! Its confirmed. Kits into the UK Tuesday!
Old 15-11-2015
Mad Member

Nice option: Z4-010FAL reverse-threaded front axle ant nut

Old 15-11-2015

I'm hoping the yz-4 body fits the bmax 4/3. In case I get bored of running the silencer body and people stop thinking it's an AE buggy
Old 19-11-2015

Received my kit today. Parts quality looks fantastic! Even the plastics: those plastic shocktowers might by even stronger than CF-ones :-) That rear belt measures 8mm wide! It includes maybe 12 or more anti-rollbars.

I had 2 b-max4v3 cars on the track for nearly 2 years with the stock plastic rear hubs. Didn't want to spend the money for the alu ones, so I decided to buy 3 plastic replacement packets of these. Didn't brake a single one in 2 cars for 2 years.

You really don't need those alu bling parts, they certainly won't make you faster. This car will be, out of the box, very very competitive.
Old 19-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpower View Post
Received my kit today. Parts quality looks fantastic! Even the plastics: those plastic shocktowers might by even stronger than CF-ones :-) That rear belt measures 8mm wide! It includes maybe 12 or more anti-rollbars.

I had 2 b-max4v3 cars on the track for nearly 2 years with the stock plastic rear hubs. Didn't want to spend the money for the alu ones, so I decided to buy 3 plastic replacement packets of these. Didn't brake a single one in 2 cars for 2 years.

You really don't need those alu bling parts, they certainly won't make you faster. This car will be, out of the box, very very competitive.
Yeah I agree. Plastic parts are fine, nothing wrong with the towers for sure. Mine will stay in my spares box in case I break a carbon one. cheaper than keeping a carbon spare, like you had to with the bmax4iii. Front gear casing looks very solid also.

The only plastic parts a didn't like were the servo posts. I've picked up the alloy part today.

Mine is built, wiring tonight along with a few options to go on.

Rear hangers offer no toe and squat adjustment, you'll want the alloy ones and pils to do that. looks like there is a couple of spacer options coming for underneath the hangers, but I've not yet seen them as not in stock. coming soon.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-11-2015

Hmm, that's a shame. What are the stock settings? 3degree toe? 2degree squat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Rear hangers offer no toe and squat adjustment, you'll want the alloy ones and pils to do that. looks like there is a couple of spacer options coming for underneath the hangers, but I've not yet seen them as not in stock. coming soon.
Old 19-11-2015

Bit confused, should this buggy ship with CF or plastic towers as standard? pretty sure on my pre-order it said CF, but seems I have plastic.
Old 19-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwaa View Post
Bit confused, should this buggy ship with CF or plastic towers as standard? pretty sure on my pre-order it said CF, but seems I have plastic.
Where did you buy it from?
Yokomo Europe (not cml) bundled carbon towers, roll bars and a name bag special package for pre-orders.
UK stock arrived in advance of the bags and tower/bar parts, so those will arrive later as they started to ship from MB Models today. I went and picked up mine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-11-2015

mb, turns out they have shipped out the extras today, was always the plan I just wasn't on a mailing list, so panic over, just a miscommunication mostly on my part.
Old 20-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Seriously? That's one of the key set-up changes I make on the 4-iii and the plastic inserts make it a simple & reliable change to do, so I'm really surprised if it's not possible on the YZ-4 without option parts.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 22-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There's two sets of hangars right, wide and narrow... Is it that you use the wide hangar with the std short arm? Or either!?

Just wondering what to build with!

Also, do the front axles need grinding down for width rules?
Old 22-11-2015

rear-rear YZ-2 hanger fitted, just add 1mm shims on top of hanger
as it's a about 1mm shorter. See picture --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Y...ew?usp=sharing
Old 22-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpower View Post
rear-rear YZ-2 hanger fitted, just add 1mm shims on top of hanger
as it's a about 1mm shorter. See picture --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Y...ew?usp=sharing
I've also just fitted the yz2 hanger, but didn't need to shim it. I used 1mm under the yz2 front hanger. the yz2 has a small 0.5mm plate shim.
On measuring, the yz2 hanger and 2H4 dot inserts are the same width, but look to be slightly different heights (changing antisquat). I used 1mm.under yz2FR hanger to return it to 2deg antisquat.

The car is awesome, handles amazingly.
Old 23-11-2015
Legendary dude

Neil have to say looked like a good car the YZ4 and built like a tank.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 23-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Neil have to say looked like a good car the YZ4 and built like a tank.
Cheers Johnboy. look forward to running against your new k2 soon ;-)