Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 14-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Yokomo YZ-4

Discuss...

With the announcement of the YZ-2 and, what looks like the retirement of the bmax name, will we see a YZ-4 in time for the Worlds?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-12-2014

The bmax 4 iii has only been out a year though. Still waiting for them to release the v3 version with the v3 shocks
Old 14-12-2014

What are v3 shocks? You mean the new bottom shock caps? They are included in de latest kits wich include de LW chassis.

There is a B-Max 4 III factory on amain.

http://www.amain.com/yokomo-b-max4-i...gy-kit/p415904
Old 15-12-2014

Nothing to discuss (assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups) . This isn't RCTech where people get all hyped up for car that isn't going to be released anytime soon.

That "Factory" kit is put together by Amain. It's not a official Yokomo release.. So I wonder who will order that kit anywhere other than the US.

a "YZ-4" is not coming anywhere soon, or they should switch to a belt driven car. I don't see that happen anytime soon. For those who don't know about Yokomo history (brand hoppers): YZ is the 'previous' prefix for offroad cars, just google for the 'YZ10'.

Last edited by skyaflake; 15-12-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 15-12-2014

The YZ-4 might be next year?
Old 15-12-2014
Mad Member

In my opinion it's way too soon for a brand new car. Small updates here and there yes but I doubt you'll see a new 4wd for at least another year.

Famous last words.....
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 15-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
In my opinion it's way too soon for a brand new car. Small updates here and there yes but I doubt you'll see a new 4wd for at least another year.

Famous last words.....
But that's my point, Worlds are in "almost another year". I'm suggesting we may see another car for or just after the worlds.

Now the worlds are definitely on astro, and in Yatabe arena, I'm sure the new 4wd is being worked on now. The BMAX4 line has been updated pretty much every 18months/2years anyway. I'm suggesting the next update will be called a YZ-4, in line with the new naming for the 2wd. Plus the bmax4iii was out at the last worlds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-12-2014
Mad Member

Yokomo always used to bring a new unreleased car to the worlds in the late 80's and the 3 worlds in the 90's.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 15-12-2014

Then tell me, what should be improved (or build totally different) on the B-Max4 III ? It's not like they do some magic and generate a new 4WD. The only thing they COULD do is to build a belt driven car - but this will take more time than there is before the worlds. The layout for shaft/cardan cars is basically the same for all of those who are shaft/cardan. Simple.

There are some new parts for the III to be released soon. So I don't think the III platform is obsolete. I agree with discothesnake, there will be no new 4WD for another year. Would be weird as the III "LW" is a new platform and still ready for some improvements.

I don't like to randomly saying things that are just made up, so saying there will be a YZ-4 (soon?) is nonsense. But it is possible, if the car will ever be released you can at least say : "I was right back in 2014" Of course, Yokomo will do everything to win the worlds, wouldn't surprise me that they will come with a center gear diff and some more improvements.

Just to remind you.. the YZ-2 is a new platform.. Not THE new 2WD.

@ Tyreman, that's about right. The III was "built" for the last worlds, but the LW kit brought some new stuff with it, so i don't think Yokomo is going to change stuff too much now.

My last words in this thread, I will wait for the YZ-2 first.

Last edited by skyaflake; 15-12-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 18-04-2015

I am holding back on a 4wd even tough I really want one to pair with my amazing YZ-2. A B-max4 with centerdiff and the new shocks would do just fine as. Missing those things before a purchase will be a reality.
Old 29-04-2015

Being a stinge and a baby coming I would love to see this buggy go strong for the next three years. I don't plan to change, my fear is ceasing of parts support
Old 18-06-2015

They (well, Shin Adachi is) are currently playing around with a new prototype car, according to my sources, in the end this should be the new YZ4 (and that's all I can say for now). But, release date is unknown. Probably a belt-driven car.

If you look closely to the front.. It's all wrapped up. So transmission seems to be open (and the car was damn silent). So possibly testing with belts.

As I told back in December, this could happen, a new belt driven car. My guess? A high traction 4WD car. Not even close to the B-Max4 III.

Last edited by skyaflake; 18-06-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 18-06-2015

That looks cool
Old 30-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Discuss...

With the announcement of the YZ-2 and, what looks like the retirement of the bmax name, will we see a YZ-4 in time for the Worlds?
So lets get the rumour mill going again...

Will we see it in time for the Worlds?

Old 30-07-2015

I think we will see a new 4wd just before Xmas now that the bmax4 is no more

www.racing-cars.com
Old 31-07-2015

I really hope they keep stocking parts for the bmax 4iii. No intention to replace it any time soon
Old 31-07-2015

They will. The YZ-2 is released as well and parts are still available for the B-Max2. Will be the same for the new 4WD (and thus B-Max4 III).
Old 31-07-2015
Mad Member

Is there anymore info about for the new 4wd ? ,
Wonder if it will carrie any of the bmax4 iii parts/hopups .
Old 31-07-2015

It's out November guys, on MB models as coming soon http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...ls/yokomo.html
Old 31-07-2015

Is it belt driven?