Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 15-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
It's best 2 to count. And then if a few drivers have the same points then it's split on times.
Well ideally fast and no mistakes is the way. But I'd say make no mistakes and gradually pick up the pace. If you go slow people still shouldn't go through you, they should get past without taking you out. But, sometimes 'racing incidents' just occur. It's the way it goes in all formats of racing including 1:1
yeah best 2 18/19 thought was a cert for B final.
Supose it was a good job anyway would have got a whooping
Old 15-07-2013
Mad Member

Yeah but 18+19 is 37 which prob puts you 8 or 9th in the B. it only takes two or three people with the same score as you with 37 to all have a quicker time than you and then you get pushed down to the C. In the A Chris, nick caro, myself and tony par all had a total of 13 Chris was highest as he got a 3rd in round so that beats us all, then it was nick as his fastest time was a few seconds faster than mine and then tony missed out on the A as I had a quicker time than his.
You with it?
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 15-07-2013

Quote:
Yeah but 18+19 is 37 which prob puts you 8 or 9th in the B. it only takes two or three people with the same score as you with 37 to all have a quicker time than you and then you get pushed down to the C. In the A Chris, nick caro, myself and tony par all had a total of 13 Chris was highest as he got a 3rd in round so that beats us all, then it was nick as his fastest time was a few seconds faster than mine and then tony missed out on the A as I had a quicker time than his.
You with it?
Ahh i follow it, cheers
Old 15-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
My comments are only to help - not to slag anyone off.

(Buds - I am glad you edited your comment, I did not see it but from what I was told they were nasty and un-called for)

Tony
It was nothing I wouldn't say to your face and will do first time I see you

But you know the transition the club has gone through recently and you still think its ok to come into the bury section slag the cub off and the only positive you had was that Eric had done a good job which we all agree he did.

We don't need you to point out what the problems are as we are fully aware of them

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 15-07-2013

I have no idea what your going on about.....

I gave genuine comments to the Bury meeting and the NW driving standard at this meeting, which Gavin and Chris took on board and agreed with me to a point.

I was aiming the well run meeting at all the Bury Crew, Woody, Booking in and Eric etc etc
Old 15-07-2013

Bit harsh to jump on the feedback there.

It was just some info on the layout for the club to do what it wants with it. If you don't agree then just ignore it.
Old 15-07-2013
Mad Member

Feedback taken but I can see where bud is coming from a little there tony, the only positives that it seemed you had given we're towards the srcc race controller. This is why people should talk about feedback or constructive criticism in person rather than on forums as sometimes things written down in text can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way. Lets just leave it at that boys eh.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 15-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The response to Tony's comments are more a sensitivity issue than anything else.
The driving standards part for example - the only penalty issued was to a non-Bury member, and as a result of an argument with another non-Bury member. The comment wasn't aimed at the club but I can see how people feeling defensive could think it was.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 15-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What I will add myself as feedback is that I'm really glad Eric did race control. I know most people in the region at least a bit now, and 90% of the time you are all sound guys but call a race a regional and I've never heard as much silly whinging about nothing, normally followed by a spot of rules quoting.

This stuff doesn't happen at club meetings so why bring it to regionals? Ok its a more 'major' event but its still racing toy cars in a field. Lighten up - its meant to be fun.....

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 15-07-2013

I gave some comments to the club about this meeting and will not comment anymore. Some are on the track design and others are on the driving standards in the NW at this meeting hence I put it in the Bury Area.

I have given you the positives and the negatives and explained these in other posts. You take these comment on board or don't thats up to you guys. what I don't what to happen is for this to get personal at me which I feel It's getting.

Last point - despite what Bud has put I really like Bury and have been going Bury for 15+ years properly longer than most members and I will continue. I have no idea about the transitions as I am not a club member and my comments have nothing at all to do with these.

Bud if you have anything to say PM me.
Old 15-07-2013

Well this thread has taken a ludicrous turn for the worst. I believe Tony's original post was perfectly acceptable as he had a few constructive criticisms that I'd imagine he felt would spark some sort of debate...I mean come on! It's not as if far more people didnt spit their dummy out (myself included) after round 1 at Barrow and all their problems.
We are indeed in a transitional period but in order to move forward we sometime should at least listen to the opinion of non members as attracting these lads means more busy and vibrant meetings.

Admittedly the track yesterday was tough and thank god we didn't go ahead with the huge tabletop idea as that really would have caused chaos but all in all The meeting was run very well, there was a good turnout and the sun had his hat on!

Tony, please don't be put off posting here again because of this, criticism is always acceptable if valid .... I'm sure me or Gav will pull you up if we disagree! Ha!

Chris
Old 15-07-2013
Mad Member

You listed no positives to do with bury club and you also accused the club of breaching a fundamental brca rule.

How is that in any way constructive critisisam ?

You are wrong that's it

Don't want to get in a slanging match with you on here

Old 15-07-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
Its swings and roundabouts, catch 22.
Drive that little slower and dont crash and get a clean run.
( this is what gets you taken out, as i noticed yesterday)
Or push harder giving more mistakes and crashes.
( this avoids being taken out)

Using the slow one got me 18/19 in round.
But for some reason i was in the C final, not sure how that could of been right.
In the final the slower dont crash technique doesnt work.
I beg to differ!

I had an awful days qualifying with electrical bugs and finished C10. I held back most of the race and finished up 3rd with having a good race with a few cars to get there, cleanly and enjoyable.

As for the Regional, I am enjoying the new Bury track, being that it was my 2nd time there since returning I enjoy the grip levels the track provides and the hugely varied layouts that can be done with the track hoses.

I will say I believe the X jumps need slightly reprofileing. Just tapping them send the car skywards, a better profile of the up and down slopes would make them absolutely spot on.

The quads were sodding difficult, I could manage the first section easy, however the 2nd set sent the car flying in odd directions for some reason and I know this happened for quite a few.
I would love to see these changed in to a rumble section and a triple - this would work well and keep interesting features.

I do realise there is always a core of members who throw the work in to any club, been there and done it my self. Please just take my ideas as just that, an idea!

Thank you for hosting a round of the regional series, it was a great day!

I will however say the 'scene' in the B final needs addressing ASAP - someone could of easily of been hurt cause of one drivers stupid behaviour.

Last edited by PaulRotheram; 15-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 15-07-2013

I will however say the 'scene' in the B final needs addressing ASAP - someone could of easily of been hurt cause of one drivers stupid behaviour.[/QUOTE]

I saw this, and to watch someone literally try to full throttle their car into a marshals leg on purpose for not being quick enough was just sickening!!
Old 15-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
I will however say the 'scene' in the B final needs addressing ASAP - someone could of easily of been hurt cause of one drivers stupid behaviour.
I saw this, and to watch someone literally try to full throttle their car into a marshals leg on purpose for not being quick enough was just sickening!![/QUOTE]

Eh?! Who did that!?
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 15-07-2013

Quote:
I saw this, and to watch someone literally try to full throttle their car into a marshals leg on purpose for not being quick enough was just sickening!!
Eh?! Who did that!?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, it was in the B final though. I was marshalling at the quads and saw it happen at marshal point 6 i think.
Old 15-07-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I Think I spoke to you! I was marshalling the quads and the loop and you whooped my ass at marshalling haha!
Old 15-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post

I missed this but if it is true then I hope that someone had words. We don't need this at bury or any other club.
On a lighter note I had a great day. Thanks to everyone involved.
Old 15-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I missed this but if it is true then I hope that someone had words. We don't need this at bury or any other club.
On a lighter note I had a great day. Thanks to everyone involved.
Bains it was proberbly you "basher bains" ring any bells?

Old 15-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Bains it was proberbly you "basher bains" ring any bells?
Haha I wish I was half way good enough to make the b final. Plus my driving is clean(er) these days