Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009
Banned

thanks guys i just been looking on goole and they all say its a dam good car and it was jimmy 76 that said they cost loads to fix etc and they was crap outside not me i have been looking on youtube and the speed of them and the jumps they take they look strong as hell . i have done my research on the car and i cannot wait to get it only issue is the shock towers and front gearbox housing and rear housing . does and know were you can get the titaniun rear arm holders . i have been watch loads of video on youtube and it say that there 1 of the best car out there same as xx4
Old 09-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

It'll be good enough for you to go racing.
Old 09-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Stampy take the advice given just a few posts back. Run the car as it is for a while before you go spending money on hop ups.. Find out by experiencing the car youself first not by what is on you tube.
Old 09-11-2009
Banned

thanks will do i have just got a 5.5turn motor to go init cant wait to try it i will tell you know how it runs etc i phone modelsports they said its a dam good car for racing

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 09-11-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2009

A 5.5t?

I thought you had purchased a 6.5/7.5t Speed passion motor?
Old 09-11-2009

And what's happened to the HPI Cyber 10b buggy you bought (didn't you buy two of them?), are you now going to race the Losi instead?
Old 09-11-2009

I would start with a tame motor... 5.5 is a little fast!
Old 09-11-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
And what's happened to the HPI Cyber 10b buggy you bought (didn't you buy two of them?), are you now going to race the Losi instead?
they guy just p----- me about with the hpi mate and yes i got a 5.5 6.5 7.5 and 8,5 2x9t and 10 turner

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 09-11-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2009

You've got a big selection of motors to choose from; if you haven't already found it here's a link for Losi spares ---> http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/spar...664&tamiya=664
Old 09-11-2009
Banned

thanks mate i have tryed look found the manual that it and some bits and bats on ebay but that it for parts etc
Old 09-11-2009

If I were you I would start with the 8.5 until you get used to it
Old 09-11-2009

Yes... Well said.

Start with a tame motor Stampy.

You may have an inclination towards whacking the fastest motor possible in all of your previous cars, but you're much better starting with a 8.5t and becoming much more consistent.

At the end of the day, it's no good having a really fast car if you can't drive it properly- especially when racing. When your lap times are consistently quick (consistent is quite a broad term) for a few weeks, that is the time to consider a more powerful motor.

Rather than trying to speed up and down straights outside your residence, why not get a few cones or markers and try to make a rough circuit? Or, ultimately, if possible, try to get down to a local track to race.

Julius.
Old 09-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

save your breath Julius. He will just go out and buy a 2.5 touring motor and then come on here moaning that is trashed his car transmission and blew his speedo.

To be honest Stampy i've had enough. I tried to give you a second chance and give you the best advice i have to get you the right 4wd and point you in the right direction, but then you go and throw it back in my face and go buy a xxx4 after point blank refusing to look at belt cars!
Then you send me 5000 PM's about is it any good, are spares cheap, did you get a good deal blah blah blah. I reply, give you my opinion based on running one for over 2 years. Then you have the cheek to publicly criticise my advice and opinions on here!
Indoors it is great, and still one of the best. But outdoors at the time it struggled, and now against the latest cars it will struggle even more.
And spares for it are fairly high. Front graphite wishbones are £12. B44 front wishbones are £5.50
You said money was a problem so you went for the cheaper xxx4, even though it was only £25 less than a decent second hand B44. As i said, you should have waited an extra month and saved up the extra as it would serve you better in the long run. Alternatively, sort out a paypal account so that you can actually pay people on here for goods instead of messing around with postal orders. Then you can list all of your trucks and 11v lipos on ebay where people may actually be interested in them, and put the money into your buggies.

What you don;t do is go off and make an impulse buy, then ask loads of questions about the car because you have no f&*%ing idea what you have bought. Then moan at people if the answers they give aren't what you want to hear!

Good luck with your racing/bashing/trashing. Don't bother to PM again EVER as i'm sick of trying to help someone who deliberately ignores everything people tell him. I have far more enjoyable things to do with mine time, like pull my teeth out.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 09-11-2009

now breath
Old 09-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

sorry Grant, needed to vent after all the shit he has Pm'd me!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 09-11-2009

HERE HERE Jim well said that man

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 09-11-2009

Ahhh...

Don't worry... I honestly lost all patience months ago with the chap...

But I pity the guy.

I just can't imagine how fickle he must be with other things?
Old 09-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Stampy.

Get yourself a paypal account makes buying and selling so much easier.

Start with a 8.5! I run a 7.5 in my Cat and it's plenty quick enough. Over a race distance I'm up with the people running 5.5 motors. DO NOT and I'll say it again DO NOT run anything lower than a 8.5, we have a chap at our club who runs a hot motor in his B4 and 3 months on he still can't drive.

Get your XXX4 and STICK with it. I think a lot of people don't want to see another question on what should I buy. You've made your choice, get it built, set-up and race it - END OF!

Do not have any crazy ideas such as "does a B4 slipper fit". Stick with the car as it's mean't to be built!

Racing isn't about the latest kit, (I run a 15 year old XX) it's about having fun and getting competitive. All of which takes TIME. Once I'm more competitive I'm looking forward to going other clubs.

Remember if you ask for someone's advice take it by all means, but don't critcise the advice.
Old 09-11-2009
Super Moderator

I totally LOVED reading that Jim, nice one

G
Old 09-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i aim to please G! just never figured out how to please Stampy! oo err!

But then again, i don't think anyone ever will! lol

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Closed Thread