Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2009
Banned

Default which car is best out of these 2 cars d4 or b44

hi can anybody tell me which car is best out of these 2 cars. for outdoor racing . as i will be doing alot of racing next year as much as possible . and can you get spare parts without order them and waiting for the to come into stock ? if anybody know which car would be best for me to buy ? thanks be nice on you comment plz
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I can't comment on the spares situ for the D4, but generally you can get any part for the B44 next day

I love mine to bits. With the popularity of the B44 it's rare you'll get stuck at a meeting because you broke something.
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

thanks do you know how old the d4 is ?
Old 18-11-2009
Mad Member

Out of the two you have listed the B44 will be the easiest to get parts for.

BUT: You have just bought a Losi XXX4 which will do you absolutely fine for the time being as pretty much every car will overstep your personal ability. I don't mean this as a personal putdown.

You are really making yourself look like a complete muppet as you carry on buying stuff at a rate of knots and not at all getting aquainted with any one car in particular. Forever changing cars will not do your progression as a driver any good at all as you will have no experience whatsoever to go on to get it running right.

Along with the B44 you will also go and have to buy saddle pack lipos as your stick packs will not fit.
Check the for sale section on here. Someone is selling an X5 without shocks, so you could actually make a decent car out of the XXX4 and that. That said I don't believe from the impression you convey over the forum that you will come to terms with either car as you lack the commitment and patience required to set a car up properly for racing.

If you really want to start racing stick with a 2wd as they require less maintenance and you can get away with budget electronics far better than in a 4wd. This advice has been given to you so often that this thread is doomed to becoming another Stampy-Bashfest...

I feel empty for having written so much yet again to someone who has been outright rude to me personally and others but hey.

Dreading your answer
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

depending if you intend on being in the top30 at nationals or not...

if not, you will be fine running the xxx4 outdoors or anywhere, just run it and get track time and experience.

you don't need to spend money while you are learning, run what you have and then when you do come to spend money you can make an informed choice, you will also get to see various cars running at the club and be able to see for yourself...
Old 18-11-2009

I've been reading these forums for a few weeks yet, and by god how many cars have you got?

I tent to sway with what was said above, if you already have a car why not get yourself used to that first, until your ability out grows the car, then look at another car?

Getting back into it after 14 year...so be gentle
Web Design Durham
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

i have try my car on a bmx tracks with grass and graver and it was not good at all ? plus not many people use them at all for outdoors but good on indoor track

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 19-11-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampede vxlboy View Post
i have try my xxx4 on a bmx tracks with grass and graver and it was not good at all ? plus not many people use them at all for outdoors but good on indoor track
I dont think a BMX track is the place to test a car out, especially on gravel, wont it muller it?
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I started back racing after 5 years + away from it with a 'found in shed' MR4BC which was great to get back into the swing of things, although finding parts was a nightmare. It got me through the few weeks remaining of the indoor season until I swapped to a T3 truck to go outdoors. It wasn't until many months later I got my B44. About 3 weeks before we ended our outdoor season.

Stick with one car and get it running nicely is good advice. It's much like talking to people who can't do a lap without crashing about a 6.5 motor
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

i have tryed it on a track with grass and it just seem to be not very good at all on grass and the car is set up very well with a 8.5 and it nice to drive but no good on grass i have tryed diffrent tyres etc

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 18-11-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 18-11-2009

The grass Stampy will be too long and wet this time of the year. Use it indoors until the outdoors season starts. By this time you'll be able to hone your driving skills and then when you take it outside you'll find that there is nothing wrong with a losi.

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

thanks i will just wait untill the outdoor racing start again before buy another car and try it out
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

pretty much everywhere will be the same at this time of year. I don't take mine out at the moment and I have a nice bit of grass I ran it on a few months ago near my house.

any car will be the same right now so unless you're off to any meetings where they'll sort the track out stick to indoors as suggested
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Bear in mind I'm having moderate success running a nearly 20 year old RC10T in trucks, and despite having a D4 I frequently run a 10 year old Cat'98 indoors and do pretty well with that too. I'm a little quicker with the D4 most of the time, but in truth I'm the limiting factor not the car..... It will be the same for you. You won't be winning with the XXX4 to start with, but then you wouldn't be winning with a Durango either!

But in answer to your original question - it depends on how cheap the D4 is! Spares aren't that hard to get hold of - not as easy as a B44 at race meetings but practically every model shop has an HPI account. HPI UK's stock ordering is a little poor though so sometimes there are shortages of a particular item (last time it was front bulkheads) until a new batch arrives in the UK.
All that said there really isn't a lot of difference between the D4 and B44 in terms of performance, and given that new and used B44's are normally much cheaper than D4's I can see no reason to get a D4 over a B44. Mine was a good deal, otherwise I'd have got the B44 too.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

i will just wait untill i can race outdoors and try it then lets hope it ok but the grass was dry when i tryed it out?
Old 18-11-2009

Good lad. This game is all about patience and stick to one thing at a time. Don't start changing springs, oil, camber, caster and pinions in one go. You'll never know what did what for you.

Set your car up to factory standard as the losi team have done hours of testing to get to that set up, so it will work reasonably at every track. Then its just upto you to fine tune it to your driving.

Don't put the fastest motor in you can find. You need to learn the car before you start going fast. Put the slowest motor in you've got and then you'll be able to go around that corner without tipping. Don't worry if other drivers come past you. You have to look at it this way. When you get used to it and you are keeping up with them, then you can turn around and say "ha ha you didn't leave me this round. I was still with you and I've got a lot slower motor than you" Believe me that will give you more satisfaction.

Its not the speed going from corner to corner. Its the speed in the corner that gets you going around a track quickly.

Talk to the drivers at the track and find out what tyres they are on, and its not the winning its the coming home with nothing broken

Most of all go and enjoy yourself.

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampede vxlboy View Post
thanks i will just wait untill the outdoor racing start again before buy another car and try it out
Why are you buying ANOTHER car.
The only reason I bought a second car was because its a big drive to the nearest club and I want to maximise time on track, hence 2wd and 4wd cars.

Why dont you just go practice with what you have mate?
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

thanks for all the comment guys i will wait and just try it and find out myself at the end of the day there only my that will know. what best for me at the end of the day . last time i when racing i came 5 place so i cannot be that bad at it i have take all your comment on board thanks guys

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 18-11-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 18-11-2009

If I recall from an earlier thread you came 5th out of 5 in the final?

I've lost all patience with you Stampy; you don't listen to any advice. (Surely everbody is slowly realising this?) And you can be very insulting.

Simply put, you're a moron.
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

no there was about 10 people racing mate plz dont comment as your naste and cannot be doing with it all the time thanks
Closed Thread