Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 27-05-2009

Default Slipper clutch for Cat 3000

Hi all

I would like to run a slipper clutch on my cat 3000 but been in touch with schumacher and the main part I need is U823 which is discontinued.
So a case of find someone who may still stock this part or find one secondhand.

But does any know of any other slipper or parts that would fit from another car manufacturer or third party parts that are still available to buy new.

Cheers

John
Old 27-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb View Post
Hi all

I would like to run a slipper clutch on my cat 3000 but been in touch with schumacher and the main part I need is U823 which is discontinued.
So a case of find someone who may still stock this part or find one secondhand.

But does any know of any other slipper or parts that would fit from another car manufacturer or third party parts that are still available to buy new.

Cheers

John
I mean the slipper is the same as used on Fireblade, but you need the right axle. Maybe I am wrong but the slipper from CAT2000 is the same.

Cheers

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 27-05-2009

Hi

Yeah I've got the slipper layshaft and spur gears and looks like all the bearings and bushes from the standard layshaft will fit the slipper one.

But it's the thrust plate and drive hub and all the bits that come with that as think they were a universal part U823 that they used on all there cars.

I can still buy the drive hub and thrust plate U855 but thats all as they don't come with the springs and bushes and all the other bits that make up the part U823.

So hoping that may find one new at a shop somewhere or get one secondhand NIP or even used.

Or if anyone knows if I can use other bits from another manufacturer that may fit or can be modified to fit.

Cheers John