Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 17-12-2011

Thumbs up Great night last night

Great night last night guys , the new format splitting 2wd and 4wd deffinately worked , just need too get the new jumps in and a track change would be good too great work guys
Old 17-12-2011

First time for me last night, really enjoyed it. Very well run and organized!
Think the track just needs a few more obstacles and it'll be great
Old 17-12-2011

Default Brilliant evening.

Completely agree with the comments, I had a great night. The 2wd top heat was so good, really clean racing, no blocking or shouting.

Very well done gentlemen, it was a pleasure to race with you last night. (just need to clean up the 4wd's now )

But the driver of the night for me was young Luke, 2nd in the 2wd A final, 15 laps! That would have won the 4wd A and was a full lap clear of the rest of the 2wd field.

Be nice to get a new track design and a few more jumps but with driving standard like we had last night, I'm sure no one can have any complaints.

Well only one, I lent Adam my 4wd and he's never driven a buggy, the complaint is the size of his grin when he came to tell me he'd kicked my arse on fastest lap, 14.9 mine, his 14.6. The cheek!
Old 17-12-2011

I thought that b44.1 looked to well set up as for young luke he will be one to watch in the next couple of years .I thought the 2wd and 4wd looked a bit odd to be honest seeing lads that are normally c final drivers racing against A final drivers but yet it seemed like it was working well for the 2wds not sure on the 4wds tho. Anyway everyone have a GREAT XMAS and I will see you all in the new year
Old 17-12-2011

Sorry but i have to disagree with all this as the driver etiquette needs to be addressed, driving though the car in front is not racing. The carnage that called itself the B final was painful to say the least
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage stevo View Post
Sorry but i have to disagree with all this as the driver etiquette needs to be addressed, driving though the car in front is not racing. The carnage that called itself the B final was painful to say the least

I think this might be down to not enough drivers of the same abilty to fill all the 2wd and 4wd heats to me it only seemed like the top 2wd heat had close to the same abiltys
Old 17-12-2011

The driving standards in the 2WD top heat/final were top class, but I think that is only down to the close abilities of the racers.

The FWD only heats/final just didn't work because of the range of abilites. We only had 12 FWD last night so 4 lower abilities drivers had to go into other heats. Having only 8 in the heats helped but poor driving is still poor driving.

Steve I will start the New Year off with a drivers meeting to point out this is not acceptable in any of the heats.

If after a few weeks of spliting the 2WD and FWD the members think we should revert back to the old system we will. I know sorting the heats out on ranking only is easier for me but its worth trying for a few more weeks.
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin pete View Post
The driving standards in the 2WD top heat/final were top class, but I think that is only down to the close abilities of the racers.

The FWD only heats/final just didn't work because of the range of abilites. We only had 12 FWD last night so 4 lower abilities drivers had to go into other heats. Having only 8 in the heats helped but poor driving is still poor driving.

Steve I will start the New Year off with a drivers meeting to point out this is not acceptable in any of the heats.

If after a few weeks of spliting the 2WD and FWD the members think we should revert back to the old system we will. I know sorting the heats out on ranking only is easier for me but its worth trying for a few more weeks.

I think its deffo worth trying when we have a normal full set of racers there...There where alot of 4wd drivers missing last night.. I might even have a crack at the 2wd for a few weeks to see what its like if i can pull myself away from my mardave
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage stevo View Post
Have agree there, i got k.o'd on the first straight at the start and still managed to pull back to finish 2nd, was some really bad driving in that final to avoid!

Maybe someone on the tannoy could assist during finals letting know whos leading and lapping etc?
Old 17-12-2011

The computer calls the order every 60sec, it only calls your number out not your name, we have tried with names but it just takes to long, its ok as long as you know your number!!
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin pete View Post
The computer calls the order every 60sec, it only calls your number out not your name, we have tried with names but it just takes to long, its ok as you know your number.
Yeah its quite hard to hear , or maybe its just me
Old 18-12-2011

Can the voice be changed as the 'womens' voice is not very clear?
Old 18-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfXC View Post
Can the voice be changed as the 'womens' voice is not very clear?

God you lot dont want for much do you
Old 18-12-2011

There are four voices to choose from, I will try all four in the coming weeks so you can see which is best.

We will look at getting a speaker behind the rostrum as well so it's easier to hear.

What the real reason is because its a womans voice we men just switch off!! Well that what Barbara's just said.

Peter
Old 18-12-2011

Default Voices

I think we might struggle with this one Pete because I dont think all the voices work with the New Windows 7 version of the racing software.
Old 18-12-2011

Your right Eric, I have tried for over an hour to get the other voices to work but with no luck.
It looks like we are stuck with "Anna"

I will look at what we can do with the speakers.

Peter
Old 19-12-2011

I thought it was just me but yes the speakers are very very hard to get and understand !!!!
Old 29-12-2011

Move the speakers so they are nearer to the racers?
Old 29-12-2011

I don't think it's to bad I listen as am driving an can here it fine only check listing after to check times +laps????