Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 22-10-2013

Default Racing etiquette

At times I think some racers are completely devoid of etiquette.

It's fair enough people don't care about breaking their own vehicles but damaging someone else's is plainly not acceptable. To have your car t-boned by a back marker every lap after lapping them three times, chunking your tyres in the process, is not on.

Is there a set of guidelines we should follow to minimise collisions?
Old 22-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was always told, newbies should just try and get round the track, the better driver will be able to drive around them, as for regular drivers they should move over safely and carefully when they can. Hth's

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 27-10-2013

Hi Ian, etiquette, lol, everybody complains about it and as time goes by it only gets worse(starting too rant now), I had an issue 2 weeks ago at broxstowe, lapping someone for the 6th time and they just blatantly wipe you out with no regard for that person, I was fuming, next 3 heats, just the same, so I thought sod it and every time I came up too lap them I would take them out of the game. they did eventually get the message but as you know, its the same every where, only the very experienced amongst us have it.
Old 27-10-2013
oOple Advertiser

No mr Stain, you take someone out? Can't believe that

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 28-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
No mr Stain, you take someone out? Can't believe that
LOL. how dare you,i would never do that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-11-2013

Its the same with F1 heat ... ive been wiped out by the faster pan cars loads ... shunted up the rear and / or into the barrier ... they should be with the SS ... but saying that running faster cars like the F1's and the 3 wheelers will always cause mayhem, but the club does its best to accomodate us all so I cant moan about that, rather run with the 3 wheelers than not at all ... im sure people dont do it on purpose. I know im not good enough personally to aim my car into some else and always try and hold back if I can manage it ..

"Rubbings Racing"

Soctt.
Old 02-11-2013

Default Consideration for the marshalls please.

After reading the other rant I would like to say that the majority of the Marshalls do the best they can righting / retrieving stranded cars .. being shouted at or abused by drivers when at the end of the day 9 / 10 times they are the reason why their car is stranded is not really acceptable ....

I would like this to be re-iterated if possible, drivers throwing paddys when the marshalls have to wait for a "safe / appropriate" time to get the the stranded car/s is just the way it is, having a paddy childish .

Scott.
Old 03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
After reading the other rant I would like to say that the majority of the Marshalls do the best they can righting / retrieving stranded cars .. being shouted at or abused by drivers when at the end of the day 9 / 10 times they are the reason why their car is stranded is not really acceptable ....

I would like this to be re-iterated if possible, drivers throwing paddys when the marshalls have to wait for a "safe / appropriate" time to get the the stranded car/s is just the way it is, having a paddy childish .

Scott.
I like your thinking Scott, I've shouted at marshals but only when they arn't doing their duty correctly, i.e., talking or watching the race. but at the end of the day its not the marshals fault you crashed your car lol