Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 19-10-2015

Track i tace at is midlands raceway. Indoor carpet track. Thats the only place i have raced at as yet.

Thanks for input .ill look around to try to get a few spares from other racers to see what may or may not work. Thanks

Ill post further pictures up of when next break happens. Sure wont be waitin to long.
Old 20-10-2015

LOL

Fifteen years ago, my daughter used to break wishbones at the same rate as you but she was assaulting the concrete curbs at Southport on a regular basis.

I have looked at a video of a race at your track and the "soft" corner markers look quite wishbone friendly. (Nice track)

On the other hand, it looks like the thin "felt" type of carpet which is probably on top of a hard floor. You get quite a bit of elevation on the cross-over and a bad landing could cause you the problem.

They do not usually break when it's just chucked down the road. Hitting other cars, or being hit, or hitting something solid with one wheel will do it.

Old 20-10-2015

Midland raceway is run by where I live. I personally haven't been but have been told it's a car breaker if you get it wrong. I race at Halesowen. If you pop over to the club on a Friday night I will have a look at your car for you Big Red Bus. My team c is awesome and I'll be happy to give you a set of wishbones too try.

Last edited by adey; 20-10-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 20-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
Midland raceway ............ but have been told it's a car breaker .............................

And now we know which one!

Old 20-10-2015

I would not say its a breaker because no other racer has a problem. I never had a issue when racing a tc02c or even the mad monkey there. Its just become an issue now i have moved to the tm2. Theres a few other team c cars that race there and they have no real issues. Must be just me but its becoming alittle annoying.

Would inserting a metal insert into the wishbone where the mounting pin goes through help at all do you think.
Old 20-10-2015
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red bus View Post
I would not say its a breaker because no other racer has a problem. I never had a issue when racing a tc02c or even the mad monkey there. Its just become an issue now i have moved to the tm2. Theres a few other team c cars that race there and they have no real issues. Must be just me but its becoming alittle annoying.

Would inserting a metal insert into the wishbone where the mounting pin goes through help at all do you think.
I don't think inserting an insert would help because you would have to remove wishbone material to get it to fit, and therefore make it weaker.

Are you sure you are using the competition wishbones (T02016) and not the RTR type (T02104)?

Kev
Old 20-10-2015

Default Wishbones

as for the track being a car breaker if you crash at any track hard enough a car breaks simples,.,.,,.,

Last edited by tumpier; 20-10-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 20-10-2015

I've been racing at the Raceway for a year now on Friday nights and I've only broke 3 front arms and 1 rear due to bad crashes. The track is definitely not a car killer..
Old 20-10-2015

Have used the competition type and the rtr type. Have gone through both.
Old 20-10-2015

I want too make it clear I am not insulting midland raceway here, i am aware it's a good track with good jumps. There are people who have raced there that I have spoke too and that's what they have said. That's all. I personally know the guy who runs the club and he has done a superb job of making that track. I wanted too make that clear.
Old 21-10-2015

Midlands use the same track markers as Marston's (halesowen is such a silly name) so going there would make no difference.

The car is weak in big incidents regardless of track markings.

Maybe you should pop down and judge for yourself Ade instead of listening to hearsay.

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.

Last edited by Cosworth; 21-10-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 22-10-2015

I asked big red bus to come to Halesowen so I could help him with his car if he wanted any help and offer him some free back up wishbones and that's it. I was trying to help a fellow racer !. I never mentioned track markers or said his car would break less at Halesowen. I also wasn't listening to hearsay. I just put what some people have said and that's it. As I said, I know the guy running it and I have seen the videos of the track at midland and it looks great too me.
Old 22-10-2015

Quote:
I asked big red bus to come to Halesowen so I could help him with his car if he wanted any help and offer him some free back up wishbones and that's it. I was trying to help a fellow racer !. I never mentioned track markers or said his car would break less at Halesowen. I also wasn't listening to hearsay. I just put what some people have said and that's it. As I said, I know the guy running it and I have seen the videos of the track at midland and it looks great too me.
So hearsay then. No more a track breaker than the next track.

Cheers

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.

Last edited by Cosworth; 22-10-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 22-10-2015

Are all your hinge pins good a bent one could be locking the wish bone. Make sure all the front is free to move.
Old 22-10-2015

I tell you what Cosworth. Next time any one comes to Halesowen and says that midland raceway is a car breaker, I'll put this point across...ok ?. Now shall we get back on topic.
Old 22-10-2015

Is there a visual difference between the competition wishbones over the rtr ?. Wondering which I have got. Didn't know there was two types
Old 22-10-2015
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Is there a visual difference between the competition wishbones over the rtr ?. Wondering which I have got. Didn't know there was two types
No, its just the material I believe. I haven't spotted any obvious difference in the look.
Old 22-10-2015

My TM2 was one of the first batch of kits into the UK - about three years ago?? & so far (touch wood) I haven't broken any wishbones! (you watch me now break one when I next take out Chalkie off the start of a final!)

One thought I've had - the wishbones on my car had to be filed a little bit in order to clear over the bulkhead/pivot plate & to move freely - do you arms fit cleanly? I'm just wondering that if the wishbone is under tension it is more likely to break on a 'lesser' impact?
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 24-10-2015
Mad Member

Cant speak for TeamC cars plastics, but i know i can break a TRF high traction arm with a cigarette butt haha!
Do your arms look more "glassy" than the std kit arms? Adey dont crash much, but i have seen him take some punishment and the car has held firm, so it is a tough car, and ive watched it for a while now!

Lee
Old 24-10-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
Midlands use the same track markers as Marston's (halesowen is such a silly name) so going there would make no difference.

The car is weak in big incidents regardless of track markings.

Maybe you should pop down and judge for yourself Ade instead of listening to hearsay.
The car is not weak. I've seen some massive incidents and the car has come out unscathed.