Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 10-10-2013
Mad Member

Default Triple Crown Rd 2 - PLEASE READ

I've been asked to post up a few words of advice and some guidelines to help things run smoothly for the 2013/14 Winter Series.

Some members of FORCC will be at the hall on Saturday between 4pm and 6pm. If you're in the area and can lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated. The more of the track that gets built on Saturday, the earlier we can get underway on Sunday. This allows more time if we suffer any problems during the day - and if there are none - we can all have an earlier finish.

The same goes for Sunday night. We all want to get home but there is an awful lot of equipment to be put away. All help is much appreciated - please - don't just leave without doing your share!

The gates to the school will open at 7am. If you arrive early and queue up outside please be respectful of the residents in that road. We might be looking forward to our days racing but they still want their Sunday lie in. Also the rear car park is still unavailable so we all have to get in the front car park - so please park neatly!

Debs and Lisa will be running the tuck shop again this year - hot and cold drinks, snacks and a selection of filled rolls / baguettes. You are allowed to bring your own food and drink if you wish. Tesco's are only round the corner as well.

In the pits the same "rules" apply as last year. I will be in the pits to try and keep some semblance of order on Sunday. Please be thoughtful on how you set up your pitting area - share tables, power supplies and chargers wherever possible. Last year we coped really well with the power demands only suffering one cut when a heater was switched on. So bring jumpers if you're cold - not heaters! We need to keep the fire exits clear and also a main route through the middle of the pits hall in case of evacuation - so please don't pit in the middle.

If you're using a long extension lead please make sure it's fully unwound before use. The power demands can cause leads to heat up which is a hazard we don't need. Likewise with recent events FORCC is changing to a compulsory lipo sack policy. This will be in place for Round 2 so don't get caught without. You are required to bring your own tables by the way - we will not be supplying pit tables on the day!

Ralls Racing and Xtreme-RC will be in attendance so please allow them room to set up and display their wares at each end of the pits.

I think that's about it for now - but I'll add anything if I think of it.

Above all - have fun and enjoy your days racing. See you bright and early Sunday
Old 07-11-2013
Mad Member

Okay chaps - Round 2 is nearly upon us

All that applies to Round 1 applies to Round 2, with important point that I need to emphasise!

The gates to the school will open at 7am. If you arrive early and queue up outside please be respectful of the residents in that road. We might be looking forward to our days racing but they still want their Sunday lie in.

At Round 1 someone caused sufficient noise while parked waiting to enter that we received a complaint from a local resident - please, don't give anyone justification to moan or jeapordise the Triple Crown events.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Dave.
Old 08-11-2013
Mad Member

Further amendment - the hall will be open Saturday evening between 6pm and 8pm. This is only for the purposes of getting the track build started -not to have a practice or take some of your kit to the pits - so if you're free then all help will be gratefully received.