Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 11-08-2014

Default TC02C Saddle Pack Question/ Conversion Question

I currently have an Ansmann Madrat and I'm thinking of either converting the Madrat to a TC02C or buying a TC02C so I have some spares.

The Madrat is stick pack, and luckily so far I've only bought one LiPo stick pack. But I also have a Schumacher Axis 2 1/10 touring car which takes saddle packs, one either side of the belt. In pictures of people running TC02C it's looked like they've got a single pack which fits in but can you also use the two part saddle packs like I would use in the Axis Touring car?

I've only just got back into cars/ the madrat is my first buggy but but I'm trying to be wise and not buy another couple of stick packs if I can upgrade my car to something that can use the same batteries as the Axis, as then I can run both cars without buying tonnes of different format batteries. In the end it'll be cheaper therefor to get a different buggy and keep the Madrat for spares/ bashing.

I guess it's worth asking the question whilst I'm here... What parts are required to convert a TC02 to a TC02C / would I also need a different shell?
Is it more cost effective to buy a car in the long run?
1/10th Electric Touring: Schumacher Axis 2
Full Scale Petrol: 2013 Focus ST-3
Old 11-08-2014
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters86 View Post
I currently have an Ansmann Madrat and I'm thinking of either converting the Madrat to a TC02C or buying a TC02C so I have some spares.

The Madrat is stick pack, and luckily so far I've only bought one LiPo stick pack. But I also have a Schumacher Axis 2 1/10 touring car which takes saddle packs, one either side of the belt. In pictures of people running TC02C it's looked like they've got a single pack which fits in but can you also use the two part saddle packs like I would use in the Axis Touring car?

I've only just got back into cars/ the madrat is my first buggy but but I'm trying to be wise and not buy another couple of stick packs if I can upgrade my car to something that can use the same batteries as the Axis, as then I can run both cars without buying tonnes of different format batteries. In the end it'll be cheaper therefor to get a different buggy and keep the Madrat for spares/ bashing.

I guess it's worth asking the question whilst I'm here... What parts are required to convert a TC02 to a TC02C / would I also need a different shell?
Is it more cost effective to buy a car in the long run?
Hi,

You can use either a saddle or a shorty pack in the TC02c - Same as with the latest TC02C evo.

If you want to convert your car, the best, and probably cheapest option would be to go for the TC02C Evo conversion kit that is due in a few weeks (we've just listed it on our site today for preorder). It's actually intended for TC02C owners to update to the latest model, but i think it might a good option for you too.

The front end of both buggies are the same so that will bolt directly on. You can use the rear wishbones, hubs, driveshafts etc from the madrat.

Without looking to far into it I think the only other parts you may need to complete the conversion are the following:

Rear wishbone hanger
Idler gear
Idler shaft

Cheers
Kev
Old 11-08-2014

The TC02C generally uses side by side saddles, or shorty packs.
If you're wanting to move to a mid motor car anyway it might be easier just to buy a TC02C (or maybe the soon to be released TC02C Evo)

Your Mad Rat should accept end to end saddle packs anyway as they're normally equal the same length as a stick pack , you may need to dremel the battery strap slightly to access the terminals.

(EDIT: Kev, you're not allowed to reply while I'm still typing )

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 11-08-2014

Thanks for both your replies - it clears a few things up. I'll buy saddle pack going forward (I completely forgot they fit... I had a NiMH saddle pack to start with in the Mad Rat!!!

I may then save for the TC02C Evo full car so I have a spare car.. By then I may be worthy of it's extra performance.
1/10th Electric Touring: Schumacher Axis 2
Full Scale Petrol: 2013 Focus ST-3
Old 15-08-2014
Mad Member

Or just buy the actual conversion kit TU0283
http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=71