Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 10-11-2014

Default tell us how you check your setup!

bit of an odd one, been curious to find out the best method people are using to check there setup on a 2wd buggy, running a schumacher KM ( sv2 with a custom chassis)

always find i cant get my front toe perfect both sides and same with camber, have got a camber gauge that goes against the wheels but i find this inaccurate and not %100 perfect,
same again with the rear wheels toe is fixed at 3' at the moment but the camber bugs me as i know its not perfectly even, not matter how much i adjust it.
Old 10-11-2014

Default Camber adj

Do these with wheels with no tyres on them. Makes it a bit easier. Rubber tyres bulging over the edge does not help with accuracy.
Old 10-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukitudor View Post
Do these with wheels with no tyres on them. Makes it a bit easier. Rubber tyres bulging over the edge does not help with accuracy.

has been a way ive tried on the fronts, is alot easier, just trying to find a good way to now to the toe on the front
Old 10-11-2014
Mad Member

Give your camber gauge a trim to clear the tyres, so it just touches the rim instead. As far as toe goes I set it by eye, then drive the car. As long as it goes in a straight line, it'll be near enough. (Tweaking your trim helps here.)

Lifting and dropping the car repeatedly while you adjust (tweak, drop, measure, tweak, drop measure) helps take out/equal up the slop in the suspension as well. Don't have to drop it far, 6" is more than enough!
Old 10-11-2014

For toe I put the car a straight edge like a skirting board look down from above to fine tune it by eye. The camber, set one side then measure turnbuckle length. If you're off at least it will be off equally on both sides!
Old 14-11-2014

I use a set-up sytem board, with that no problem.
Old 16-11-2014

To get toe symmetrical use a vernier gauge but as for actual measurement then guesstimate is the way most do it. As for camber use a camber gauge on the flattest most level surface you have.

Trouble is for most people's 2wds there's so much slop in the front wheel that getting it bang on is unnecessary and nearly impossible. Is in mine anyway