Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 12-01-2016
Mad Member

If you say so... It is what it is. Of course I will get those parts, but I don't see the same value for money as for their machined aluminum stuff or plastics. Whatever, I hope to get to race the car soon again. Driving it is much more fun than buying shims. 😉
Old 12-01-2016

Pricing has gone up since the Euro vs Yen sucks so much at the moment (boohoo ). However, parts are pricey indeed, but the quality is top notch and if you don't switch cars, you can use the parts as long as you drive the car(s).

I also like the fact that you can swap a lot of parts between the B-Max and YZ cars, in both 2 and 4WD.

I'll be probably racing this Sunday at Racing Arena Limburg, mes. Trying out some stuff for the EOS.
Old 12-01-2016
Mad Member

For the record, I am only complaining about those shims, not Yokomo pricing in general. Have fun in Sittard! I was about to go there on Friday, but that will depend on how my health develops, still suffering a bit from a cold. See you in Mülheim-Kärlich at the latest!

Last edited by mes; 12-01-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2016

Yes, Hotel is booked.

Still want to try some setup related things with the YZ-4 prior to running at the EOS, so that's planned for Sunday. Will see you then, at the EOS.

Last edited by skyaflake; 12-01-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: EOS
Old 12-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Yes, Hotel is booked.

Still want to try some setup related things with the YZ-4 prior to running at the EOS, so that's planned for Sunday. Will see you then, at the EOS.
I am booked in for EOS Mülheim-Kärlich.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-01-2016
Mad Member

See you in the Yokomo pits!
Old 13-01-2016

Already practicing my German (Es ist gut Sie sprechen Englisch im Vergleich zu den meisten Deutschen ) .

I will try the battery in several positions this Sunday. Probably will change the shock settings around and play a bit with the rear blocks. Might play (if I have the time since I also run the YZ2) with the flex as well. So much to test, so less time.

And also have to paint a new YZ4 body. But still have more time for that. And try the real difference between the Azarashi body and the stock body. I like the looks of the Azarashi.

Last edited by skyaflake; 13-01-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 13-01-2016
Mad Member

I also like the look ofthe Facsia, but it did not have front downforce on the tracks I tried it with the little Yokomo front wing. Maybe a full front wing wil solve this issue.

Back to the YZ-4: Do you know if there is an Azarshi shell in the pipeline for the YZ-4?
Old 14-01-2016

Not as far as I know. I have contacted Azarashi about it. Will let you know.
Old 22-01-2016
Mad Member

Long arms and corresponding aluminium hangers, MR33/LMR top deck courtesy of redrc:

Old 29-02-2016

Hello from an xb4 guy. I ve been running on a private carpet track which me and some friends made in greece. I was about to upgrade my xb4 2014 to the 16 model but then... I cannot stop staring at the yz-4.
Could you tell me what are the must have parts to order along with kit as spares because here in greece we do not have a proper retailer who stocks parts for yokomo so i can make a bulk order? And also what should i replace right out of the box? If i go yz4 ofcourse. Xb4 *16 is a strong contestant on carpet but yz4 got me for the belt drive.

Thank you in advance!
Old 29-02-2016

Needed upgrades? I'd suggest rollbars and machined pistons. Maybe some springs and that's about it. For me, first upgrade was the alu steering. However, to standard plastic isn't bad either, it only feels sloppy.

For spares i'd go with the usual, like front arms, rear arms, idler gears, pullies and some belts. Maybe some slipper pads as well.
Old 29-02-2016

I'd personally also include the aluminium rear hangers for tuning. These allow you to change to rear toe and anti squat using pills.
Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

Buy the Euro kit, you get the roll bars Neal mentioned, also, yes, steering, im still to upgrade the bellcranks, but the rack IMO is a must, way too sloppy as kit.
Pistons for sure, kit ones are what they are, molded and dont work very well, i used Avid ones.
You can be well on your way from there TBH, but rear hangers are a good idea, along with the LMR top deck, Ive found that one of the best tuning aids ive bought so far.

Lee
Old 29-02-2016

i see. so one case or another i will need about 50-80 euros extras with the kit itself :P
i really like this car though i was an xb4 fanboy mostly because of its construction and out of the box performance with 0 upgrades needed... but i would really want to try belt drive with a new kit now and i couldnt find any better than the yz4
Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

No other belt cars out there unless you go Tamiya TBH, the car needs a few silly bits, but nothing mega if you want to run it from the box!
Its a great car, and very rewarding to drive when you find your set up, and even Xray will keep telling you that you NEED this part or that part, but thats manufacturers, they gotta make a living too

Lee
Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

Shuey, cough...
I love my YZ-4, but I stopped counting what I've spent for it a long time ago, and I am far from being done. It is not that I feel I need all those parts, but I want them, they are just too nice to collect dust in a shelf!
Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

Haha, forgot about the CAT!

Lee
Old 01-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
Haha, forgot about the CAT!

Lee
And the TLR 22-4, plus the Serpent
Old 01-03-2016

Maybe X-Ray will release a exclusive premium only in the EU 4WD belt car as well, you never know