Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 21-09-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You can all hope for more pics at the worlds... its only a few weeks off.
The car is awesome so far, but still in final development and testing phase. Weekends results speak volumes about the capabilities of the new car.
The xray tag team failed to stop, despite their best efforts. You guys only saw the redrc videos... they were at it all weekend, practice, qualifing and you saw finals. Lee did an awesome job.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-09-2015

Lee cars did look good. but I think it going tobe hard battle for him at the world's. Bruno coelho had a bit bad luck. In some corners had grip role and when the 2 crashed the marshal let lee go 1st instead at the same time.but as for the car it looked great carnt wait.
Old 21-09-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
You can all hope for more pics at the worlds... its only a few weeks off.
The car is awesome so far, but still in final development and testing phase. Weekends results speak volumes about the capabilities of the new car.
The xray tag team failed to stop, despite their best efforts. You guys only saw the redrc videos... they were at it all weekend, practice, qualifing and you saw finals. Lee did an awesome job.
So they were deliberately taking out our Lee? Any one else involved? i.e. any other non Xray drivers

Its a shame these people weren't given any penalty's at such a Big Competition........or any competition .....

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 21-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtyson View Post
Lee cars did look good. but I think it going tobe hard battle for him at the world's. Bruno coelho had a bit bad luck. In some corners had grip role and when the 2 crashed the marshal let lee go 1st instead at the same time.but as for the car it looked great carnt wait.
Bruno wasn't the only driver with grip roll, everyone had the same problem. Lee's car was on 2 wheels various times throughout the mains, however he just managed the car and slowed down a bit more to prevent grip roll.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 21-09-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

everyone was contending with the grip roll. The 4wd front minipin tyres were the wrong choice for the new carpet. the carpet was super super grippy, but there was such little tyre wear, just used 1 set all day in each class.

The 2wd tyres cut staggers, were spot on, the yz2 was a dream to drive, no issues, but 4wd was manic.

4wd, I arsed about cutting pins and gluing sidewalls. ruined a set of rears with sidewall glue, and wasted my practice time in the process. Had to have EPA adjusted for so little lock that it was difficult to turn but the slightest extra bit of lock and i was over. bmax4iii just felt a pig to drive. All the other yokomo bmax4iii drivers had the same issues plus all others were contending with the same issues.

Don't get me wrong, the event is a spectacle not to be missed, and really fun racing at that European level, but i much preferred 2wd. I left Scotty Ernst with a set of Schumacher 4wd cut staggers to try on the carpet before it was dismantled. I expect they will change 4wd front tyres as mini pins were clearly wrong. we were cutting 6 rows of pins off the front tyres, dremelling them smooth, then coating the smoothed edge with superglue. Everyone had to do this, and they were still too much. tyre wear was pretty much non existent, my 2wd tyres are good for one or two more meetings use, depending on track surface.

The xray team all had 1 week testing at their hudy arena on their track, which has the exact same carpet. xray looked to be deliberately working as a pack to take Lee out, then let 3rd get through. They succeeded in first leg, and tried the same moves in the others.
I'll not buy another xray or hudy product, (remembering the cost of the year racing the xb4).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-09-2015

So will we se the xray xb2 and yokomo yz4 before the worlds i thought no prototypes are allowed at the worlds
Old 21-09-2015

Quote:
everyone was contending with the grip roll. The 4wd front minipin tyres were the wrong choice for the new carpet. the carpet was super super grippy, but there was such little tyre wear, just used 1 set all day in each class.

The 2wd tyres cut staggers, were spot on, the yz2 was a dream to drive, no issues, but 4wd was manic.

4wd, I arsed about cutting pins and gluing sidewalls. ruined a set of rears with sidewall glue, and wasted my practice time in the process. Had to have EPA adjusted for so little lock that it was difficult to turn but the slightest extra bit of lock and i was over. bmax4iii just felt a pig to drive. All the other yokomo bmax4iii drivers had the same issues plus all others were contending with the same issues.

Don't get me wrong, the event is a spectacle not to be missed, and really fun racing at that European level, but i much preferred 2wd. I left Scotty Ernst with a set of Schumacher 4wd cut staggers to try on the carpet before it was dismantled. I expect they will change 4wd front tyres as mini pins were clearly wrong. we were cutting 6 rows of pins off the front tyres, dremelling them smooth, then coating the smoothed edge with superglue. Everyone had to do this, and they were still too much. tyre wear was pretty much non existent, my 2wd tyres are good for one or two more meetings use, depending on track surface.

The xray team all had 1 week testing at their hudy arena on their track, which has the exact same carpet. xray looked to be deliberately working as a pack to take Lee out, then let 3rd get through. They succeeded in first leg, and tried the same moves in the others.
I'll not buy another xray or hudy product, (remembering the cost of the year racing the xb4).
Neal you are a star, no nonsense, love it.
Old 21-09-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretts View Post
Neal you are a star, no nonsense, love it.
I tell it like it is. literally no one on the pits had a good word to say about the xray team. plenty had stories of cheating, deliberate race take outs, or just bad attitude. Not just directed towards yokomo, but also other team drivers also. anything to win.

Back on topic, the yz4 looked very capable, not justin Lee's hands. There were five running at the event.
Old 21-09-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
I tell it like it is. literally no one on the pits had a good word to say about the xray team. plenty had stories of cheating, deliberate race take outs, or just bad attitude. Not just directed towards yokomo, but also other team drivers also. anything to win.

Back on topic, the yz4 looked very capable, not justin Lee's hands. There were five running at the event.

Thats pretty sinister after what happened to Wollanka at RHR, ridiculous he should even be competing at this point, hope the penalties are spot on in Japan!
Speaking of which, will it be web cast?

Lee
Old 22-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
So will we se the xray xb2 and yokomo yz4 before the worlds i thought no prototypes are allowed at the worlds
Prototypes are allowed at worlds. You won't see a production YZ4 before the worlds.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 22-09-2015
Mad Member

You would of thought they would of known better after being caught CHEATING at the Euros. May be we should all send them a email - info@teamxray.com

Quote:
I tell it like it is. literally no one on the pits had
a good word to say about the xray team. plenty had stories of cheating, deliberate race take outs, or just bad attitude. Not just directed towards yokomo, but also other team drivers also. anything to win.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 22-09-2015

Had some contact with Yokomo this week. There will be 2 versions:

YZ4
YZ4 Factory kit.

Price range? Unknown. My guess? YZ4 around 400€ and the Factory kit could be in the range from €500 to €550.
Old 22-09-2015
Mad Member

I saw it, I touched it, I like it!
Feel free to check out Marc Rheinard and Panik Team Troisdorf on Facebook for some video footage of the YZ-4 on my home track.

Last edited by mes; 22-09-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 22-09-2015

I've seen the movies on your Facebook, mes. Looking good. Will have to come over for a round of NRW Cup next year. I was there like 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, with our local hero Leonard ) at the old layout.

How much did you like the YZ4? Some "new" stuff that other belt driven cars don't have?
Old 22-09-2015
Mad Member

It will be nice to meet you there! From what I saw it is a well designed buggy with tons of adjustment options, Neal's description is spot on. It will be interesting to see the finished product, they are about to make some changes to the prototype, and as I understood all Yokomo drivers participating at the worlds will get the new ride...
As I've been a die-hard Yokomo fan boy since the early 90s, I am biased. Commenting on how much I like it does not make any sense...
Old 22-09-2015

Early 90's.. I was still playing with plastic toy cars back then. I remember Yokomo from around 2000's. When I was 12. Started with Tamiya though.

Can't wait to see more YZ4 adjustments. It's all looking good. I guess winning at the EOS will give them a boost for the worlds as well. Only a couple of weeks left.
Old 22-09-2015
Mad Member

I was fourteen or fifteen when I first encountered a Works '91 that I could not afford back then. End of story... or its beginning?!
Old 22-09-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
You would of thought they would of known better after being caught CHEATING at the Euros. May be we should all send them a email - info@teamxray.com
That would be ignored... Cheating/rule bending is from the top down. Word was they were OK with one being caught, as the others didn't (get caught).

They have a lot of money to sponsor races, so don't get sanctioned.
Old 22-09-2015

Quote:
That would be ignored... Cheating/rule bending is from the top down. Word was they were OK with one being caught, as the others didn't (get caught).

They have a lot of money to sponsor races, so don't get sanctioned.
What cheating/rule bending did X-Ray do?
Old 22-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Had some contact with Yokomo this week. There will be 2 versions:
2 Versions mentioned here too.

http://l-m-racing.co.uk/products/ind...product_id=731