Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 29-11-2014

Hi, I thought, "Am I seeing double?", as my screen name is Optima4Ever. This might become a little confusing...
Old 30-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimaforever View Post
Do you have a webshop? or only by PM?
No webshop. My email and paypal is alcyon2sp@gmail.com.
Old 01-12-2014

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optima4Ever View Post
Hi, I thought, "Am I seeing double?", as my screen name is Optima4Ever. This might become a little confusing...
In the other forums I'm nicknamed OFE because people are too lazy to type my whole name; we can do that here too
Old 01-12-2014

Quote:
In the other forums I'm nicknamed OFE because people are too lazy to type my whole name; we can do that here too

We'll figure out something, I understand you use that screen name about everywhere, and I don't mind changing.
Old 02-12-2014

new 2 piece bumper
URL=http://s185.photobucket.com/user/alcyon2sp/media/20141202_085159_zpstfbibvmu.jpg.html][/URL]
zx arm for use with zx5 c hub
Old 02-12-2014

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaFan View Post
We'll figure out something, I understand you use that screen name about everywhere, and I don't mind changing.

With the help of Peakey and admin Col, my name is now changed to OptimaFan, so no more risk of confusion, and you can just use the name you are already using on many other forums. And I like my new name as well, so all happy, right?
Old 03-12-2014

Default O-93 two piece bumper

I designed this bumper so that you do not have to remove the two screws under the gearbox to access hingepins. You just unscrew the front 2 screws and leave the gearbox alone. Good for runners.
Old 03-12-2014

Ah, so that's how it works. Clever indeed. Does the bumper piece still offer some flex? It looks fairly rigid and massive, like a direct impact to it will fully translate to an impact on the front gear box.
Old 03-12-2014

Quote:
With the help of Peakey and admin Col, my name is now changed to OptimaFan, so no more risk of confusion, and you can just use the name you are already using on many other forums. And I like my new name as well, so all happy, right?
Thanks Henk!
Old 03-12-2014

Quote:
Ah, so that's how it works. Clever indeed. Does the bumper piece still offer some flex? It looks fairly rigid and massive, like a direct impact to it will fully translate to an impact on the front gear box.
Clever system , indeed. the side looks a bit massive for me though.
Old 04-12-2014

I can make improvements to the bumper, what I am most worried about is when landing from a jump front wheels first, since this bumper is longer and not as smooth at the bottom edge, it could dig into the soil , which could slow down the car drastically, or may cause a front flip.
I will be racing my Mid on Saturday and will observe this. I may have to raise a the bumper a bit more , which is difficult with the 2 screws at the front edge.
Old 05-12-2014

Default lazer zx layshaft info

It is 35gbp initially but now malaysian postal service is forcing me to send these as merchandise so i will have to ad another 5gbp. However i will try to evade the system by going to small post offices where they might not bother about these rules. If i manage to send it the old way i refund you 5gbp.
I will include the large tube as you see in pic.
My paypal is alcyon2sp@gmail.com
I will be racing my mids tommorow. I managed to fix back my zx so i will re test it tmrw too. The layshaft works great now just to iron out the suspension.
Old 03-01-2015

a really great run with my swb yesterday.
1. I tried the lazer zx with new front belt which torn up 4 weeks ago. It was twitchy but i attribute the handling problems to springs that are too soft. I will be buying a set of durango BB medium springs just like on my lwb optima mid as it handles superbly.
the slipper worked flawlessly but my front arm capture mount gave way at the hingepin hole.
i see no point in fixing my zx immediately without the proper springs so i just packed it. It was extremely silent compared to my mids !
2. Lwb optima mid.. this by far handled the greatest. Thanks to the lazer zx suspension,durango BB medium springs and zx5 10 degree caster blocks. It was so easy to drive jump and power slide and was very durable. Only had an issue of the rear eclip coming off the hingepin, got another one and its settled. It also now has vts slipper which really smoothens out the power and also very much more consistent. It was just plain awesome. I have reached the pinnacle with this car, and its now with gear diffs !
3. Swb optima mid. As you can see in the video, this one was mostly trouble free and nice to drive too, just a tad twitchy but i love it.
it also has gear diffs now. I used 50wt oil in the durango small bores with drilled out pistons ..so the car is damn good.
what did it in was a stripped upper ball stud thread in tne right c hub. It was worn. I will replace it and this will be ready to roar again.
this car had more turn in and generally more steering than the lwb and can be an advantage if you know how to use it.

Last edited by alcyon; 03-01-2015 at 03:39 AM.
Old 20-01-2015

Delrin SG 25 rear gear sprocket.
Old 20-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post

Delrin SG 25 rear gear sprocket.
Looking good. Have you tried these yet?
Old 20-01-2015

That's a part many that run their Optimas have been looking for, and I wondered why it wasn't available yet. There are aftermarket options for the center gear, but never for the diff sprocket. Does Delrin prefer certain materials to run against? Like metal pinion with "plastic" spur tends to be a very good combo, durable and yet more quiet than metal on metal for instance.
Old 20-01-2015

No i have never tried these yet.
as for materials of the other gears..its not important as long as they arent the same material.. delrin + delrin isnt good. Lucky that my center gear is now PEEK.
Old 24-05-2017

Alcyon, or Welshy,
I need to retrofit some bits to my next adventure. Please PM me,or email would be better. Rgarc0930@gmail.com or find me on Facebook @ Garcia Graphix. Thanks.
Old 24-05-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Raul, ive pmd and emailed you.

Alcyon,

Nice on the Lazer, the vts makes a massive amount of difference and makes it a much more competitive car.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS