Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 20-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelie600 View Post
they dont work everywhere i tried them at southport indoors and they were lacking feel at the rear even tho the fronts turned in nicely the spikews were better, but even then the carpet at southport has no grip whatsoever!!! Prolly summat to do with it being about 20yrs old or summat like
What Spikes/compound/age tires was you using?

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 23-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I am looking to race when not at Bury once a month inside? What is everybody else doing? Dont want to do Worksop so any other places?
Broxtowe indoor pal... pleanty of good competition and a well run meeting..

There next meeting is sunday 6th December
Old 23-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
What Spikes/compound/age tires was you using?
Brand new mini spikes, car setup exactly the same as i have it for Ribble indoors where it works. I also race 12th and mardave so im used to carpet.

My comments about the lack of grip at southport may have been slightly out of order, as i didnt have access to any mini pins that day to compare. But my findings were that the dirt hawgs turned in better but there was no rear feel as it were, where as the spikes were more progressive at the rear but wouldnt turn in even after fiddling with toe out etc. nANd my comparison towards the grip was from ribbles old carpet which was fairly grippy on hawgs, to ribbles NEW carpet which is like superglue, to southport where i was slithering and sliding everywhere, and my driving style didnt suddenly change overnight.

So apologies to Southport club for dissing your carpet, i was only pointing out my personal opinions
Old 23-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelie600 View Post
Brand new mini spikes, car setup exactly the same as i have it for Ribble indoors where it works. I also race 12th and mardave so im used to carpet.

My comments about the lack of grip at southport may have been slightly out of order, as i didnt have access to any mini pins that day to compare. But my findings were that the dirt hawgs turned in better but there was no rear feel as it were, where as the spikes were more progressive at the rear but wouldnt turn in even after fiddling with toe out etc. nANd my comparison towards the grip was from ribbles old carpet which was fairly grippy on hawgs, to ribbles NEW carpet which is like superglue, to southport where i was slithering and sliding everywhere, and my driving style didnt suddenly change overnight.

So apologies to Southport club for dissing your carpet, i was only pointing out my personal opinions
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
Well, you can't beat an informed post can you.

It's a funny thing, you know. If you set your car up right, you have grip. There were plenty of cars their this weekend and last weekend with loads of grip - and that being on the very same carpet that you had no grip on.

Strange, is that.
Car set up for one track on one type of carpet and soft sticky tires(hawgs) and maybe treated tires to, verses a club with felt carpet, car set up wrong, and wrong tires. i must agree with Burgie, one informed post that is out of order
Maybe next time ask anyone of the helpful local members for advise and you might get around the track with grip.

Stu, you and the rest of the Bury lads are welcome on our club and points days

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 24-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Broxtowe indoor pal... pleanty of good competition and a well run meeting..

There next meeting is sunday 6th December
Good call!