Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 07-10-2012

Roger told us to shout the marshalls name so i did this about 5 times and he still was oblivious,he got there eventually.
Sworkz
Bury metro
Old 07-10-2012

Default sorting

so shout the number then of the cone the marshell is stood at? im new but think we can sort it. this thread is a good way of sorting things!
Old 07-10-2012

I know your new mate but you will get to know everybody's name at the track soon enough so shouting there name has to be the easiest way surely.
Sworkz
Bury metro
Old 08-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURC View Post
im new to this and always try and get to the cars as quick as possible but i dont think that any one trys to take their time or to slow any one down-i find it hard some times as you cant keep your eyes on all the cars at the same time-i had one today were i looked away for a sec and was shouted at(didnt mind tho) and the car had crashed-just saying it can be hard thats all. also some members are not as fast as others-some lads are well fast but others just are not.
The whole idea is to spread the marshals throughout the track. positioning marshals at flash points I.e. sleeping police and the table top where rollovers are most likely to happen.

The marshals should just marshal their area primarily but also keep an eye on the marshals either side of you and if either marshals are dealing with a bump and another happens then help out but return to your own marshal point

I think the problem might be you get marshalled badly in your heat your hardly going to be enthusiastic to Marshall the next.

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 08-10-2012

Default thanks Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
The whole idea is to spread the marshals throughout the track. positioning marshals at flash points I.e. sleeping police and the table top where rollovers are most likely to happen.

The marshals should just marshal their area primarily but also keep an eye on the marshals either side of you and if either marshals are dealing with a bump and another happens then help out but return to your own marshal point

I think the problem might be you get marshalled badly in your heat your hardly going to be enthusiastic to Marshall the next.
This is what i was about to type so thanks Buds for saving me the time.
Marshalling tips as above.
A good marshal will look at the track area.
A bad marshal will follow a cars progress around the track!
Speed is relative. Take care not to crash and no marshal needed.
Crash and the marshal should take care to return your car onto its wheels.

Lets not get too worked up about this. The point of penalties is to stop the repeat offenders and also to teach those who need help to learn.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 09-10-2012

I've also been frustrated at the quality of the marshalling since my return to racing. Admittedly it's my fault when I put the car on its roof but find myself constantly calling to Marshalls for attention, often still followed by a slow amblE to the car. I would say I marshall well choosing to run to the cars but is annoying when people do not return the favour.
People texting or on their phone whilst marshalling for me should be an instant penalty, this is unacceptable on my book.

More structure and standards at club meetings would improve the experience for all.

In the defense of many new racers they may not be aware of marshalling standards so advising them is important.

Chris