Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 07-10-2012

Thumbs up what do you think of the new rules for racing?!!penalties???

so what do you think of the new rules for racing!!!
what penalties what what?
such fun??
Old 07-10-2012

Its a great idea, things ran really smoothly today. Those who got penalties will now realise we're serious about it, so you have to be out to marshal on time.
Old 07-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We've had a lot of complaints and this was the solution.

First and most importantly we need to streamline the racing day and make Rog's job easier. That means setting the race control software to auto

Far too many people being very slow to get out to marshal - most races end up with all the drivers on the grid and no marshals. Putting the timing on auto actually makes things worse, because the race starts before the marshals turn up, so some sort of penalty is needed.

The flipside is that absent or poor quality marshalling has lead to some rather colourful words being yelled from the rostrum. We are a family club in a public place and as such that can't be permitted. It doesn't mean you can't call Budfish a C**t to his face, just don't yell it from the rostrum.

The final one is probably my fault - when I ran the meeting a couple of weeks back I got so fed up of the moaning, whinging and gripeing of some people I nearly packed up and went home ending the meeting. Race control can be bloody hard at times (when stuff isn't working) but without it no racing happens. It might be frustrating that its missed your laps but shouting at the guy frantically trying to locate the problem doesn't help.

However there is an upside, in theory at least. If everyone is out to marshal quickly, does it well and stays calm we can squeeze an extra round of racing into the day by removing dead time. Thats got to be better.....

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 07-10-2012

Yep miles better with the penalties!! was very well ran today.
I always go straight out for marshalling no matter what, so im pleased this has been brought in.

Well done guys
Old 07-10-2012
Banned

I'd also like to point out, no one is exempt from this!
I got penalised for being abit late back out.

The day ran pretty well, my "brief" drivers briefing seemed to help.
When everyone eventually came.

Please guys the briefing is for you so make the effort to be there.
Nothing more annoying than people asking questions that had always been answered, they just couldn't be bothered to listen.

But yea all in all very happy!
Old 07-10-2012

Talking nice

i also think today went well, and think its fair to turn up for marshelling as every one who races needs marshells!! think it is a very fair way of doing this, for everyone-we all want to get back and tweak and mend etc but this makes it fair.
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

I really hope you lot get this marshalling issue sorted there's nothing worse than bad or poor marshalling its what visitors always seem to remember"POOR MARSHALLING"

Get it sorted lads it needs to pe spot on

Then again a few faces I haven't seen at the club before which is only a good thing
Saw a lad at the club today he's called Phil I know him from Rochdale and if he starts spend and tweaking on his toy car as he used to with a real car you will all be in trouble.

Keep it up lads

Regards

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 07-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Though I should point out the last visitor to complain about poor marshalling was in fact chatting on the phone when it was his turn.
Experience has shown that those who moan are normally the worst culprits!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 07-10-2012

Default Today

Had a good days racing today. The new race format seemed to work very well, with race control on Auto and penalties being handed out for late or not marshalling. Hopefully Rogers job was easier today. Marshalling is one of the major things we have to address as Budfish said it is what visiting drivers remember. Hopefully these measures will address this and draw in new drivers as they apply to everyone. the track was a good mix today for both 2 and 4wd and the long straight worked well with no incidents, so well done Roger for a well designed track. Thanks to the drivers/members who stayed behind to help put the track away.
all in all excellent day.
Old 07-10-2012

Seems you all had a good days racing.

Matt, we will probably have to set a time for the briefing on either a week basis, say on here by Sat or we have a set time for briefing and then racing to start. It's clear with a little bit of discipline the majority benefit.

In response to the opening question. PENALTIES are needed and work.

speak soon.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post

In response to the opening question. PENALTIES are needed and work.

speak soon.

Darren
Ha ha what about repeat offenders ?

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 07-10-2012

I also thought today's racing went really well but maybe a mention in the next Driver Briefing about the quality and enthusiasm of the marshalling, some of us where running about as fast as possible trying to get the cars back in the race while some took about 5 minutes to even notice your buggy had crashed, then just took a leisurely walk over to it, maybe put a sticker on the poor marshell's car then if there's crash don't rush to over turn it !

Just an Idea
B44.3
Renault Clio 1.5 Speed machine
Sanwa
Old 07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt cougar sv View Post
I also thought today's racing went really well but maybe a mention in the next Driver Briefing about the quality and enthusiasm of the marshalling, some of us where running about as fast as possible trying to get the cars back in the race while some took about 5 minutes to even notice your buggy had crashed, then just took a leisurely walk over to it, maybe put a sticker on the poor marshell's car then if there's crash don't rush to over turn it !

Just an Idea
Like it
Good day all in all but like matts just said i had a marshall stood in front of my car and he was to busy looking over the other side of the track to notice my car
Sworkz
Bury metro
Old 07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt cougar sv View Post

Just an Idea
I had this a few weeks ago leading the A final I caught a white sand bag that was just of the table top at the bottom of the straight.. My fault but took 45 secs to be marshalled and alot of shouting lost me a lap an a bit.. So then could not catch the lead and ended up 5th. But I have now excepted the fact this happens all the time at club meets any where you go. So your better just cruising round the track than beating your pb because club meet marshalling is pants to say the least
Old 07-10-2012

Unhappy fault

im new to this and always try and get to the cars as quick as possible but i dont think that any one trys to take their time or to slow any one down-i find it hard some times as you cant keep your eyes on all the cars at the same time-i had one today were i looked away for a sec and was shouted at(didnt mind tho) and the car had crashed-just saying it can be hard thats all. also some members are not as fast as others-some lads are well fast but others just are not.
Old 07-10-2012

its one of the main things I have taught my lad when racing you always go out to marshall and always do it 100% I have done a few decent race events this year and never seen any one having an issue at any of them
Old 07-10-2012

Unhappy 100%

i think its only fair to give it 100% but not every one is fast. what do we do if someone is slow? i think shouting is ok as long as it kept nice. or we could only put lads on that are fast? think we need to sort it, if members are getting p ed off. any ideas?
Old 07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURC View Post
im new to this and always try and get to the cars as quick as possible but i don't think that any one trys to take their time or to slow any one down-i find it hard some times as you cant keep your eyes on all the cars at the same time-i had one today were i looked away for a sec and was shouted at(didn't mind tho) and the car had crashed-just saying it can be hard that's all. also some members are not as fast as others-some lads are well fast but others just are not.
I'm new to this too, and I'm not having a go,and i know that every one is not as fast, Its just we where warned not to have a go and shout at any marshal's (which I agree), so that's why I think there should be a fair way to penalise marshal's who are just not even trying, its ok turning up on time but then at least pay attention and give 100%, just makes for fairer racing
B44.3
Renault Clio 1.5 Speed machine
Sanwa
Old 07-10-2012
Banned

If anyone has an issue with a marshal let race control know, or come and see me. We can penalise marshals just as we can drivers!

It's abit late to tell us now...
Old 07-10-2012

Red face shouting

i think shouting is ok as long as it not aggressive !!! just shouting marshall and maybe pointing is fine.???