Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 05-06-2011
Mad Member

Default Has anyone seen this man????

Wanted for crimes against electric racers. I beleave our club chairman has been racing nitro buggys today instead of attending our club to be fair he did say he wouldn't get time as he would be racing nationals this year but it seems he would rather race anywhere than at bury the only time I've seen him at the new track he moaned then left before any racing

I beleave he has to devote all his spare time to ansmann( the crap cars that just hold racers back) as he is now uk team manager!!! Wow I bet his mums so proud at last he is a somebody!!

So I think he should either give his chair up or at least attend when not racing a national or regional SHAME ON YOU at least we know where your loyaltys lie

Time for a by election I think

Buds

Ps stu do not delete

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 05-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Problem is Dave, if its not Stu who's it going to be?

I sure don't want it, I suspect Rob doesn't either which means really either Matt, Johnny or you would be the likely suspects.
You'd ban/offend everybody under the sun, Johnny would open the track up as a gypsy campsite and Matt would have us removing stray grains of sand with a pair of tweezers before racing starts........

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 05-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Problem is Dave, if its not Stu who's it going to be?

I sure don't want it, I suspect Rob doesn't either which means really either Matt, Johnny or you would be the likely suspects.
You'd ban/offend everybody under the sun, Johnny would open the track up as a gypsy campsite and Matt would have us removing stray grains of sand with a pair of tweezers before racing starts........
I think any of the above would do a Stirling job at least there would be no bullshit just straight talking like it or lump it

Old 05-06-2011
Banned

Lovin the picture!
Old 06-06-2011
Stu-Perstar

Enjoy the new track!

I quit!

Thanks
Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Enjoy the new track!

I quit!

Thanks
It'll be a £5 next time you want to race at bury weasel!!

Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

My vote is for buds to replace Stu
Old 06-06-2011

Stu

Come to Southport instead, it's much less clicky than Bury from what I've seen.

Old 06-06-2011
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

STU

you deserve better than how they are treating you after all the time and effort you have put in to the club let them run it and let it go tits up you would be welcome at any other club

p.s before you start having ago at me gentlemen my name is shane foot and come and see me track side not on the forum
Old 06-06-2011
Banned

Another thread thats going downhill. :-/
Old 06-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
STU

you deserve better than how they are treating you after all the time and effort you have put in to the club let them run it and let it go tits up you would be welcome at any other club

p.s before you start having ago at me gentlemen my name is shane foot and come and see me track side not on the forum

Its a bit more complex than that, but thanks for sticking your nose in anyway!

Just to clear matters up:

At the last AGM Stu offered to step down as his new Ansmann role placed more demands on his time but it was felt that there was no other candidate and in any case the commitment was to race for Ansmann in 1/10th events only at that time.
But that was a long time ago

Since then Bury has a new track (thanks very largely to Stu) and Stu now races 1/8ths for Ansmann as well.
The new track is however far from perfect - it needs a number of alterations (for example some gates to get in would be useful!) and some clarifications with the council as to matters like parking access. And they want to speak to the Chairman, who isn't there.

Which has created the situation where it may not be possible for Stu to be chairman as he has other commitments now. And the club can't really afford to wait to the next scheduled AGM to decide.

So its not really a case of 'mistreating', just the simple fact that Stu, like all of us, can't be in two places at once.

And to make it clear I understand that fact, I'd like to point out again I wouldn't want the job because I have too many other commitments myself, so I fully get where Stu is coming from.......

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 06-06-2011

Quote:

At the last AGM Stu offered to step down as his new Ansmann role placed more demands on his time but it was felt that there was no other candidate and in any case the commitment was to race for Ansmann in 1/10th events only at that time.

Since then Bury has a new track (thanks very largely to Stu) and Stu now races 1/8ths for Ansmann as well.
The new track is however far from perfect - it needs a number of alterations (for example some gates to get in would be useful!) and some clarifications with the council as to matters like parking access. And they want to speak to the Chairman, who isn't there.

Which has created the situation where it may not be possible for Stu to be chairman as he has other commitments now. And the club can't really afford to wait to the next scheduled AGM to decide.

So its not really a case of 'mistreating', just the simple fact that Stu, like all of us, can't be in two places at once.

And to make it clear I understand that fact, I'd like to point out again I wouldn't want the job because I have too many other commitments myself, so I fully get where Stu is coming from.......
I think this should have been mentioned in the first place but Bud being Bud, LOL. It has rather 'press ganged' Stu into quitting in public without the full story being made clear to all. Like you said, Stu has done a great job in creating this wonderful track, plus all the previous years that people often talk about. If this is Stu's choice, so that he can concentrate on this great opportunity that he has, then well done.

BTW, should you not be teaching some kids rather than being on here!!!
Old 06-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

They are in an exam!

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 06-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok, so we might need a new chairman......

Anybody interested or will it be Chairman Buds?

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 06-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Surely this thread is tongue in cheek turned sour, again? But if you drive Stu to quit, would Roger still run it.....

Without Roger there's no club. there's been stacks of committee members come and go, the Woods are the only ones who've kept Bury running through thick and thin, mostly thin.

Roger (although can severely wind people up, me included) has the patience of a saint to sit in a metal box keeping you monkeys under control most weeks.
Old 06-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Lets just say I don't think Roger will be quitting if Stu steps down.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 06-06-2011
Banned

I put buds forward plus his little apprentice namely me! only joking.

As Si has said Stu has commintments elsewhere but did say he would try and be there this Sunday coming.

When your under sponsorship your commitment to the club will always be affected but this shouldn't mean he has to step down.

Long live the stu-perstar
Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

I reckon matt bennett would make a good chairman!!
But if no one wants to do it I'll step up

Old 06-06-2011
Stu-Perstar

Quote:

Well, when everybody has decided who is going to do it then please speak to me (not PM) and I will let them know where the club is up too and where the counsil is up too. Regards the gates thats a problem that I glad to get rid of as the counsil say one thing and other people say another!
I am free now and I can go anywhere I want.
Thanks Bud for the push that I needed.
Southport this Sunday here I come
Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

So come on Buds.....now you have made Stu quit.....

Are you going to take up the role?