Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 02-10-2013

Default Rb6 cf chassis

Anybody no where I can get a cf chassis for my rb6.
Thanks in advance
losi eight 2.0e
Traxxas xmaxx
xray xb4 16
kyosho laser zx-r
Losi xx
team xtreme x11 predator X2

BURY METRO RCC
Old 03-10-2013

I dont beleive there is one.

Would have to make it yourself or find someone who can do it.

I've thought about making one for myself, can do it for about AU$70 (could make a couple for that price actually).
Old 03-10-2013

Default RB6 Carbon Chassis

RudeBits.co.uk
Old 03-10-2013
Mad Member

Maybe it's worth contacting 'Junior Z' (Julien) here on oOple? He has done a carbon chassis for the TRF201 (like the one Lee Martin used at the Cactus Classic, CLICK) - It's a really flexible chassis and uses a Vega gearbox - I can imagine much the same can be done with an RB6 box though.

The cars I've seen like this always have the stickers 'RED Workshop' on it - and a while back I saw an RB6 with this decal, so who knows they might already have a conversion (which is why I'm mentioning)

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 03-10-2013
No trade access

Yes, redworkshop design a cf chassis with kick up for the RB6, very nice and seems more reactive than stock.
You could contact him on Facebook.
Old 03-10-2013

Default .

Thanks guys
losi eight 2.0e
Traxxas xmaxx
xray xb4 16
kyosho laser zx-r
Losi xx

BURY METRO RCC
Old 03-10-2013

When I enquired about a cf chassis from red workshop it was 200 euros
Old 03-10-2013

Default Wow

Helllll no. They can keep it for that price
losi eight 2.0e
Traxxas xmaxx
xray xb4 16
kyosho laser zx-r
Losi xx

BURY METRO RCC
Old 03-10-2013

Default Oople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Satchell View Post
Anybody no where I can get a cf chassis for my rb6.
Thanks in advance
There was a 2nd hand 1 on oople not so long ago £60 i think it was but i think waste of money pal
Old 03-10-2013
No trade access

CF chassis with front kickup ain't cheap and I know he uses the best carbon available.
It does include special side pods, lipo straps and lipo craddle too and milling/fitting is done by him and that alone means a huge amount of time.

Definetly an improvement as the car is quicker to react and got more flex. Seeing it driving around our track was enought to make me a believer.
Old 03-10-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Suppose that's one way to make a very expensive car even more expensive for no reason!

The car as it is, has the quickest corner reaction, corner consistency and grip out of any other out there right now.

The way I see it, you want more flex for low grip conditions. The car allows you to do this already with the flex adjustment on the side pods - and this works.

More flex makes the car grip more, and "should" make it easier to drive in low grip conditions. If you want quick reactions, then stiffness is the way to go, so I don't buy in to going carbon fibre to make the car more reactive.

I bet it looks like a great piece, however the car as standard gives you all the options to achieve the same results.
Old 04-10-2013
No trade access

Having raced the stock car since July 2012 I know the car inside out handling wise.
Flat arms, lipo craddle, smallbores then bigbores with 2-3 holes...
For me the flex screws are always in as I felt it was too loose and lazy without all 6 of them.
With the carbon chassis the car do react quicker for sure. Up to the point I may dial it a bit less aggressive setup as mu driving skills are not up to it but for sure the car is faster, more initial turn in and better corner exit.

I'm still running the stock RB6 but I've raced and practice with the fellow who design it and run it since 8 months or so and I can tell you this is a big improvement yet an expensive one still not more than a Vega conversion.

I will go for a DB2 myself, maybe both but all I can say this conversion is not just for looks.
Old 04-10-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I'd like to see it first hand, however at the price, its a reach too far for me.. however if it works for you, then its worth while using
Old 04-10-2013
Mad Member

I had a converted 201 he made in my hands at the Kampenhout GP this year - the flex was considerable (it felt like twisting a sheet of paper compared to a girder/normal chassis)

That thing will give awesome grip, and thanks to the sidepods that are flexible yet run over the entire length of the chassis it should not bend (or with CF, break) at the sight of a jump like a C4.1 does Only concern I'd have is if the chassis flex won't blunt the sharpness of the car's handling... but that's something you'd have to experience to judge.

Detail of the conversion imo was also really nice: The plate was machined into to make the battery sit lower, the sidepods blend in nicely with the rest of the car. 200 euros is a big price to pay, but this is coming from a single comment. I would just contact him to see where the pricing it at now, and if there are any UK drivers (or any upcoming events) where there might be an opportunity to try one out.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 04-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
There was a 2nd hand 1 on oople not so long ago £60 i think it was but i think waste of money pal
That was mine. I bought it 2nd hand myself but never got round to using it. Was pretty expensive with it having the kick up etc.

Not really sure what benefits it would have had.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 05-10-2013

Hi guyz !

I just would like to say thanks to the people who put kind words about my conversion kits.

Regarding the price , I know it's very expensive.This is not a business for me and I do not earn that much money with it.
I just put all my love to rc in tho things , it takes a huge amount of time and tho 3D printed parts cost a lot.

I'm actualy trying to manage a cheaper version around the RB6 reusing all the battery braces.It's direct fit for shortys.Saddles is another story.

Will let u know if I find something good.

PS : english is not my first language so please do not see any agressivity in this post.

Old 05-10-2013

If some of you want to see the redworkshop page it's here :

https://www.facebook.com/redworkshopracing

Old 05-10-2013

Default Out of the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
CF chassis with front kickup ain't cheap and I know he uses the best carbon available.
It does include special side pods, lipo straps and lipo craddle too and milling/fitting is done by him and that alone means a huge amount of time.

Definetly an improvement as the car is quicker to react and got more flex. Seeing it driving around our track was enought to make me a believer.
All i would say is seems pointless as on the c4.1 i did it for the longer chassi but on the rb6 there isn't much to improve and it did just win the worlds near enough out of the box... Dont get me wrong i love adding stuff to mine and think i would like to see it in person
Old 07-10-2013
oOple Advertiser

Hi all

I have tested a CF chassis for some time.
There is an advantage where the CF is lighter than the alloy standard chassis by some margin. The lighter car doesn't work as well BUT it allows you to put the weight back where you want to put it. That gives it an overall advantage.
We are not convinced this is justification for over £100 which is what it would cost for a CF chassis with the correct kick molded in.

As for flex, out chassis are 3.2mm thick and there is little flex

I hope that helped a little and if anyone still wants a CF chassis then get in touch - tony@rudebits.net
Old 27-10-2013

Can anyone tell me what the angle is the front kick up on the rb6??