Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 29-06-2010

Default 1/8 Werewolf buggy electric

what do you guys know about this buggy?

I know its not the top of the shelf stuff, but I am curious how they have been working out from what people have seen.
Old 29-06-2010

Default mmmmmmmmmmm

I posted a similar question about another rtr 1/8.
the guys with experience advised to convert a nitro and spend a little more on lipo and motor esc combo.
Old 30-06-2010
Gypsy Member

they are pretty good actually. cheap way to race 8th. electrics are ok buggys tough and races well . its at the cheaper end of things but still a lot lot better than people might think. just cos its not got a certain brand name doesnt mean its pants. and it has spares backup . i like em
Old 30-06-2010

been doing the 1/8 electric thing for awhile, may have been one of the first in my state to have one for racing.

From what I can tell, if the quality and setup of the vehicle is sound, doesn't really matter if its a name brand one or not. name brand stuff can be junk too. Just ask anyone who has the unfortunate experience here to own a losi strike.

price here in the USA looks to be $250 shipped.

Anyone know how the quality of the plastics are?
Old 30-06-2010

ive had a couple of these and they are not half bad for the price, plastics are good, system is reliable only a 3 cell esc (novatech)but not as down on power as you may think, provides good useable speed and keeps up with all the others at the track. front shock tower is a bit to thin so fit the nitro buggy version which is sturdier.
Change the shock piston nuts for 2.5mm stainless ones as the stock plastic ones will come off.
servo's and 2.4ghz has been faultless. Ok so its no losi but its less than half the price and its not half as bad, good little buggy
Old 30-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
ive had a couple of these and they are not half bad for the price, plastics are good, system is reliable only a 3 cell esc (novatech)but not as down on power as you may think, provides good useable speed and keeps up with all the others at the track. front shock tower is a bit to thin so fit the nitro buggy version which is sturdier.
Change the shock piston nuts for 2.5mm stainless ones as the stock plastic ones will come off.
servo's and 2.4ghz has been faultless. Ok so its no losi but its less than half the price and its not half as bad, good little buggy
Can you answer a few questions then since you had it?

- Do you get the hardware to do the mechanical brakes or do you have to buy that seperately?
- what model # is the "Pro"
- what size lipo can you fit length and width wise?

Thanks before hand for any info you can provide. if you visit rctech, wouldn't mind your insights on the buggy there in the offroad section.
Old 30-06-2010

if you are ordering from nitrotek in the uk just specify pro in the order box section(well worth the extra for the shocks alone as the alloy ones are good the plastic body ones are not) battery space is tight i use intellect that are 145 mm long thats about it, width is not a problem for any normal 3 cell pack ive used.
mechanical brake set up is an option from the upgrades box for £9.19
Old 30-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
if you are ordering from nitrotek in the uk just specify pro in the order box section(well worth the extra for the shocks alone as the alloy ones are good the plastic body ones are not) battery space is tight i use intellect that are 145 mm long thats about it, width is not a problem for any normal 3 cell pack ive used.
mechanical brake set up is an option from the upgrades box for £9.19
I probably would be ordering from a USA dealer via ebay. seen a few on there but trying to confirm what is the pro versus the regular. They should two sets of pics, both different, but the listing has the aluminum shocks which would make me thing pro.

I would most likely do 4S with a different motor.

speaking of which, can you fit a different motor in this thing? if so, can you fit the Tekin , Castle, Neu style motors or do you need the smaller can like the Speed Passion, Feigao, Novak, Medusa, etc.
Old 05-07-2010
Gypsy Member

just put mine on ebay . no one racing 8ths at my local now so on the bay it goes its a good un not had much use either
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
Old 15-07-2010

Looks typically cheap quality wise but heck for the price you cant beat it if you want to get into a E buggy and not brake the bank.
Old 15-07-2010

couldn't find a USA dealer,.