Cars - Mad Rat with 10t brushless motor
- HPI Blitz with 6.5t brushless motor
Old 03-02-2013
Mad Member

Lightbulb

Short course would go in fun class at the moment

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 03-02-2013

To Si and Mark - thanks for all of your help today, I had a great time and will be back in a months time for a full days racing. Hopefully I can get my losi xx to keep it's nose down, and somehow reduce some grip on the carpet to stop it grip rolling...
Tristan, great to meet a novice like me - I can see some good races between us in the future! Although, I still think you should get a 2wd! ha ha

Question is, is it too early to buy a new roller?! I fancy a 210 or sv2... perhaps I'll wait until my losi breaks :-(
Old 03-02-2013
Mad Member

I was watching your car with interest as I love the xx cars and two things were obvious,
1. Your ride height was far to high, I'd estimate you were running around 25-30 mm ride height which was WAAAAAY to height you needs to be running no more than 21mm I was running 19 mm front and back. If you did this you would stop grip rolling

2. Your slipper was too tight as you were wheelying all over on the carpet and which would also mean it was hard to drive on the slippy
Old 03-02-2013

good day today
track wasnt as good as last few times, wallride just didnt work imo.
may aswell have used the crashmats on the benches, as the steepness of the corner kept changing heat to heat! The jump after the tabletop step down was in the wrong place as people were cutting the corner.
Would the old orange track marking for outdoors not be best for indoors?
Old 03-02-2013

Good day today,

Well done to Rob for the 2wd A-final win, a nice steady head while the carnage occurred behind. I thought the track was good apart from the wall ride didn't quite work properly as we needed flexible wood ideally. It's probably fair to say the ramp after the tabletop could have been relocated as people jumped the corner...admittedly myself! But the rest of the track was a good mix of slippy and grippy so well done to those who designed and built it.

Chris
Old 03-02-2013

Default Good day all round

Before we begin with negative comments lets stick with facts.

1. Track was decent, including the wall ride!
2. Once we got going the meeting went smoothly on auto.!
3. Marshalling was pretty good all round.!

Yes! We could all have a moan about something, but instead let's;

1. Thank all who helped set the track up. Including johnny for his wall ride efforts.
2. Thank Roger once again for his race control.
3. Thank all for doing the most basic of tasks with little need for shouting.
4. Thank to all who helped put the track away.

I saw a lot of good tight racing. Oh and as for cutting a corner in mid air, I don't see the problem. If you want to take the risk fair play to you.

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
good day today
track wasnt as good as last few times, wallride just didnt work imo.
may aswell have used the crashmats on the benches, as the steepness of the corner kept changing heat to heat! The jump after the tabletop step down was in the wrong place as people were cutting the corner.
Would the old orange track marking for outdoors not be best for indoors?

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
I was watching your car with interest as I love the xx cars and two things were obvious,
1. Your ride height was far to high, I'd estimate you were running around 25-30 mm ride height which was WAAAAAY to height you needs to be running no more than 21mm I was running 19 mm front and back. If you did this you would stop grip rolling

2. Your slipper was too tight as you were wheelying all over on the carpet and which would also mean it was hard to drive on the slippy
Thanks for the advice, will drop the ride height for next time, although i don't have much room on the shock to drop the front much. The slipper was waaaay to tight - think it might have locked up after 15 years of no use! Will be doing a rebuild asap. I think the losi can definately be competitive still - just needs to be set up and be driven by someone who knows what they're doing...

Any advice on gear ratio? I'm thinking a bigger pinion to reduce the torque, the higher top speed doesn't worry me as I virtually never hit full throttle anyway.

As far as the track goes - thanks to all who built it. I found the wall hard, in fact, I found the jumps hard too but that's because I'm a bit crap...! I would like less slippy, but again, only because I find it VERY hard to drive on. Trying to balance a car on super high grip, and then on super slippy makes it impossible to find a good set up?? Either way, I loved it so see you 4 weeks...
Old 03-02-2013

I echo the words of darren also. Really enjoyed today track was awesome,sorry me and si couldn't stay and help clear away as I had to get back to babysit!!and si was my passager so he had no choice lol
Dougher no worries looks like your pretty up to speed with u xx for u first time out,getting a dx210 or similar would improve you in every area if money no probs go for it,just do a little reseach first, see what suits you.
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post
Before we begin with negative comments lets stick with facts.

1. Track was decent, including the wall ride!
2. Once we got going the meeting went smoothly on auto.!
3. Marshalling was pretty good all round.!

Yes! We could all have a moan about something, but instead let's;

1. Thank all who helped set the track up. Including johnny for his wall ride efforts.
2. Thank Roger once again for his race control.
3. Thank all for doing the most basic of tasks with little need for shouting.
4. Thank to all who helped put the track away.

I saw a lot of good tight racing. Oh and as for cutting a corner in mid air, I don't see the problem. If you want to take the risk fair play to you.

Darren
I dont think the comments were negative nor is this a moan! we just found, like a few others that it didnt work. The ramps werent smooth enough, which is why everyone wasnt using the wall ride, just staying to the inside of the corner. It needs to have a straight run up, which is smooth. Saw so many cars flipping.
Points are put across to maybe improve things next time..
Old 03-02-2013
Mad Member

If you were to buy a new car my advise would be dependant on your budget. I think the yokomo looks a great car for the cash. The hobao h2 looks like a bargain. And if you wanted to spend a bit of cash the kyosho rb6 is superb I'm loving mine!
Old 03-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to bandit

Had a very enjoyable day besides having electrical gremlins all day and then worse my diff went a few laps into the final (im sure alot of people heard that) but had a good time just racing.

A well run meeting and a great turnout, cant wait for next time.
Old 03-02-2013
Mad Member

Thought the track was good, the wall ride was OK, I personally think it would've worked better without the carpet and without the higher board as to go fast you didn't use the upper level anyway. But other than that thought it was an excellent day all round
Old 03-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I found the track far to difficult to get my Steam'n'Sound Thomas around.

Mind you, the pits were quite a challenge too.

RC Train racing. Its the future......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)