Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-02-2014

Default Lipo for Spektrum DX2/Etronix Pulse

Hi

Is there a lipo that can be used in transmitters, particularly Spektrum DX2 and Etronix Pulse, to replace the usual 8xAA batteries?
Old 07-02-2014

Have a look on hobbykings website.
I got a Turnigy 2200 for my dx3 for less than $15 posted. Just measure your original battery pack and get one that fits. I had to solder a connector onto my dx3 to fit the lipo but that was easy enough to do!
Old 07-02-2014

This is becoming a very common mod. Particularly in high power transmitters for long range and FPV flying. Just make sure you have a way of monitoring the voltage so you don't kill the pack. And never be tempted to charge the LiPo with the plug in the wall charger that comes with many transmitters.
Old 07-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRat View Post
Just make sure you have a way of monitoring the voltage so you don't kill the pack
Some of the lipo's hobbyking sell have a discharge protect circuit in them-according to there specs anyway! Not sure how effective they'll be though!

I monitor mine with the LCD display on the DX3 but have also fitted one of those cheap lipo low voltage buzzer thingys from ebay to the balance port of the lipo but upto now I haven't needed it with the display!
Old 07-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggytomato View Post
Some of the lipo's hobbyking sell have a discharge protect circuit in them-according to there specs anyway! Not sure how effective they'll be though!

I monitor mine with the LCD display on the DX3 but have also fitted one of those cheap lipo low voltage buzzer thingys from ebay to the balance port of the lipo but upto now I haven't needed it with the display!
on the DX3 have u just taken the AA battery tray out an soldered say a deans connector on to black an red wires to attatch to the lipo with, as i did this with a cheap frysky TX but the DX3 cost a bit more so havnt bothered just yet just incase i break it

Last edited by K-Brewer; 07-02-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
on the DX3 have u just taken the AA battery tray out an soldered say a deans connector on to black an red wires to attatch to the lipo with, as i did this with a cheap frysky TX but the DX3 cost a bit more so havnt bothered just yet just incase i break it
yeah i soldered some wire onto the 2 metal contacts inside the battery compartment and then fitted a connector on, I also had to dremel a bit off the inside of the battery compartment to make the lipo fit as it was a bit tight-took about 15mins in total!
One of the best mods/upgrades I've done in ages-can't remember the last time I had to charge it up!!
Old 07-02-2014

I've got a Core RC transmitter (Identical to the Etronix I beleive) and I use this lipo: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=31945

Perfect fit and even has the correct connectors pre-fitted.