Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 05-01-2013
Mad Member

Also another problem with the table top that way is the orientation of the car in the air is hard to see I.e. if too nose high you know when to let off or brake, nose diving to put some power on. In this direction it's hard to tell. This is why most tracks have jumps going from side to side
Old 05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Also another problem with the table top that way is the orientation of the car in the air is hard to see I.e. if too nose high you know when to let off or brake, nose diving to put some power on. In this direction it's hard to tell. This is why most tracks have jumps going from side to side
Plus were gonna have cars flying onto the straight.
Best to have a tabletop near the rostrum
Old 05-01-2013

The table-top isnt that high, seeing over it will be no problem. The orientation being different will make it a challenge, who wants and easy track? And think of the width of the hall, you'd have to really gun it to hit the straight. Up to you though, at this late stage i'm not drawing another.
Old 05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howler View Post
The table-top isnt that high, seeing over it will be no problem. The orientation being different will make it a challenge, who wants and easy track? And think of the width of the hall, you'd have to really gun it to hit the straight. Up to you though, at this late stage i'm not drawing another.
Lets go with it, was thinking it was going to be a big one
Old 05-01-2013
Gypsy Member

Handsets broken
Even more than normal , now as well as no brakes I've got no readout so I can't set my car up or even tell what's happening , not gonna be racing tomoro any way it's packaged up and going back to horizon hobby who have been great and say they can fix it cheaply, always really good support of these guys in my experience
Any way good luck with the track I will try and make the next meeting
Have fun guys
Old 05-01-2013
Mad Member

What Chris says is true if people over shoot the table top (and certain people will) they will end up on the straight. I plan to make the table top like I did last time but with an extra length of wood so we land bank to bank rather than to flat which will be miles better and If that's the case being able to see the down ramp is of high importance, we'll figure it out in the morning.
The layout looks cool though Steve.
Old 05-01-2013

It can be moved to Marshall Point 3 as much as you want, the nearer it gets to that the easier the view over the top and the further from the back straight. The track is wider than the diagram really shows, there will be 20'+ from the back of the down ramp and the barrier to the straight.
Old 06-01-2013
Mad Member

No the main problem isn't how far away it would be, it's the fact the car is pointing away from the rostrum and its hard to tell how much the car is nose diving or nose high. I know we do it a lot but directly in front of the rostrum in this design is the best place, but hopefully that won't matter that we always do it as the table top I'll build tomorrow should be bang on this time and a decent size in jumping distance