Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 07-02-2014

Default 2014 WRCA 1/10th Regional Championship

Hi All,

I wanted to give you all an update on what is happening, and what the plan is for 2014.

We have done our best to talk to as many clubs and drivers as possible over the past two months. It is obvious that there is overwhelming support to run the regional this year. So you will all be pleased to hear that we are currently looking at the racing calender and talking with the host clubs to secure dates for the regional series. As soon as we have got the confirmations back from the clubs, we will announce the series, with the first date likely to be early in May. So thanks for being patient and watch this space.

Its no secret that the WRCA numbers have fallen a lot over the years. So i wanted to remind everyone that the Regional championships are much more than an opportunity to secure an F grading, they offer a great level of competition for all racers of this class. From complete beginners all the way up to the drivers wanting to qualify for the nationals.

With this in mind, i would like to ask everyone to help in promoting the series this year. Over the next few weeks, I would like your help to encourage every member of every WRCA club to consider entering this championship, i know there are loads of you out there! With a little bit of enthusiasm, and a lot of word and mouth, we have a great opportunity to have a thrilling championship this year.

To help increase participation, we are trying to trial a few new incentives this year which will hopefully take the sting out of the Sunday morning drives and the welsh summer weather.

We currently plan to have very generous discount for running every event (season ticket), discounts for multiple classes and discounts for Juniors. We will give a discount if you pre pay, but still welcome anyone who wants to pay on the day, although this would be at full price. I will publish the exact price closer to the time, but i am working on the theory that we charge you less, more of you will turn up to more events.

We also plan to have end of season awards for under 16's and under 11's. Clubs that run other off-road classes such as 1/8th will be able to run these as a support race. But unfortunately this will not be possible at every venue. I realize that Nitro is not to everyone's tastes, so we will do our best to make sure we don't have non-nitro drivers marshaling nitro races.

So in Summary, thanks for your continued support, and if anybody wants any more info, please feel free to ask below, or send me a personal message on here. I only ask that we keep everything constructive (or PM me your thoughts if they are not!)

Have a good weekend I am now off to charge some batteries for a full weekends racing!

Tom
WRCA Secretary
Old 07-02-2014

looking Forward to it tom ,hope this regional will be a good one .
Old 07-02-2014

Excellent Tom can't wait!

Team Associated B6.1

Kyosho RZ7

Kyosho ZX7

All kept going by PBM Racing
Old 07-02-2014

Look forward to the dates being confirmed.

Lets hope you can find some that don't clash with other National Dates.
Old 07-02-2014

Thumbs up Interesting...

I'd be very interested in a 1/8th Brushless Rallycross class, as there are more people running them year on year..

Paul
Swansea
Old 09-02-2014

Last edited by Teaboy; 09-02-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: error is message
Old 10-02-2014

Im pleased to announce the first confirmed date for 2014 is 11th May at Caldicott. I'm also pleased to announce that Mike Baldwin has stepped forward to volunteer his help and is Vice Chairman and PRO for the WRCA, many thanks Mike.
Old 10-02-2014

Thanks for the confirmation Rich and well done Balders for stepping in to help, game on!

Team Associated B6.1

Kyosho RZ7

Kyosho ZX7

All kept going by PBM Racing
Old 24-02-2014

Dear all,

I have a short update as promised. The WRCA are pleased to announced that we are on the verge of finalising a 5 round regional championship. The first round is confirmed 11th May 2014 at Caldicot RC Racers. Please bear with us whilst we cement the details of the other 4 rounds. Race fees, regulations and other information will be released in the very near future. Thanks for being patient, and I will give you another update within the week!

Regards
Tom
WRCA Secretary
Old 26-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

good to have a date to aim/plan towards. Well done lads