Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 06-05-2011

Default New X-6 rear side

I find new photo with Paul on Redrc.

And I see new rear side. New shocks positions...
Anybody have news?
Old 06-05-2011

Well spotted!
That's still very much a prototype / test thing. Main objective is to get the wing forward.
Old 06-05-2011
Mad Member

I recon the next upgrade should be a central motor. In theory it could be done with a new top shaft and a few spacers, although a new gearbox would be better

Clown
Old 07-05-2011
Mad Member

He sure looks happy.

Yes, Paul (and several other Team drivers) has milled out the bulkhead and produced a new shock tower to fit, then moved the shocks and wing forward. We hope to produce a few more of these for various Team guys, and if the consensus is good, then make them to sell. Might be as early as 6 weeks.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 07-05-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Old 07-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What advantages would you get, in doing this?

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD View Post
I recon the next upgrade should be a central motor. In theory it could be done with a new top shaft and a few spacers, although a new gearbox would be better
Thought you were thinking of building your 6 on a 60 chassis for the longer wheel base?
Old 07-05-2011
Mad Member

I'd like to try it and I already run my x6 full wheel base so I could drop it back to short to get more weight backwards. Mmmm, I do need a new chassis soon

Clown
Old 07-05-2011
Mad Member

Looks like the rear tower could accommodate the same camber positions as the e-speed hangers...

Hope this comes out soon
Old 08-05-2011

Looks like Paul's new tower incorporates the camber links as well givin options on height and length. It moves the wing directly over the rear wheels and really smooths out the aero package. No more gap behind the body to tower. You can also see that Paul is runing the short battery from Losi and all reports from him are that it works very well centralising the weight. In the US we get away with running the car lighter than in the UK so its a great option for us.
Old 08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancoog View Post
Looks like Paul's new tower incorporates the camber links as well givin options on height and length. It moves the wing directly over the rear wheels and really smooths out the aero package. No more gap behind the body to tower. You can also see that Paul is runing the short battery from Losi and all reports from him are that it works very well centralising the weight. In the US we get away with running the car lighter than in the UK so its a great option for us.
Dont you x-6 guys run your cars a lot heavier than others ? that is what i thought anyway , stiff and light is right
Old 08-05-2011
Mad Member

We continue to spec the K 019 Conversion Kit with the graphite chassis. Kinwald always ran graphite -- he wanted the car very precise and repeatable. You can easily get an X - 6 Sq into the very low 1500 g area.

In U.K. and much of the rest of Europe it's a different story. You would be amazed at the number of bumps in an astro or grass track; much bumpier than many dirt tracks. Also, they have extremely limited practice time. Therefore, they need a forgiving, easy to drive car, which = heavy and flexy. They run plastic chassies and 100-150g more than we do in the States.

Whatever works.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 08-05-2011

Thank you Chazz for clearing that out for me. Well i am a crappy and slow type of driver but i'll go with first alternative and work with suspension. whatever works i like that attitude. have a good one
Old 08-05-2011
Mad Member

Default Why We Build 'Em As We Do

That's why we build them as we do, Twister. Probably more options for an X - 6 Sq from the factory than any other car. Sometimes we actually think we have too many tuning options for the average racer to understand and use. The point is that you can adjust the car to suit your style and individual track conditions.

Most drivers, once they find a set-up that works for them, don't change much. Other guys have the car entirely different from place to place. Whatever works for you!

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 09-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Good eye spotting this ! I was wondering as we took the pics whether someone would notice...

As Chazz and Elvo have posted, it's something we're working on currently and seems to be going well. Originally a few team drivers had taken the stock tower and carefully dremeled it and the bulkhead to mount it forward while leaving the stock camber link locations. This was done mostly to move the wing forward.

After seeing it in person, I thought it could be made better by making a whole new tower that incorporated the inner CL mounts. As the team has run the car and developed set-ups we've learned quite a bit about that rear ballstud location. Int his new tower the ballstud mounts into vertical slots with defined locations. The shock holes are all the same as the normal XF 3313 rear shock tower. So far I really like the way the car looks going around the track - this moves the rear wing much closer to over the rear wheels, and the whole package looks more natural.

As Dan points out, I'm also running the short battery; I find it gives the same advantage as running saddle packs but only took some slight dremeling on the battery strap to clear the plugs. My car is around 1550g ready to race, split at 65 to 66% rear. I haven't actually re-done the weight in my car since switching to Viper, but so far everything's felt VERY good.
Old 09-05-2011
#1 ZX5 fan

Paul - you need a new signature graphic

Nortech is ACE!
Old 10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
Paul - you need a new signature graphic
Its only 2 speedo/ motor, a painter and a decal sponsor behind..
Old 10-05-2011

Paul - is the Team AJ shell your preferred bodyshell these days? how do you find it over the stock shell?
Old 13-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Yes, I've been running the Team AJ body for a while now - probably about a year. Honestly, I really like the way it looks mostly. It has a touch less rear traction than the stock shell, but overall I've been running on higher-bite tracks (the main indoor track I run at over the winter has been on slicks), so I've not had any issues.
Old 15-05-2011

also a question to Paul: this small lipo, has it 1s or 2s? For me it looks like 1s, but how do you compensate the lack of power? Stronger motor?