Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 03-02-2012

Talking Ansmann Madrat/Macnum/madmonkey Steel Idlers.

Hi everyone.

just recieved first batch of these idlers back from the hardeners.

This pic was taken next to a new stock nip item.

The idlers are cut from good quality steel and the case hardened for maximum strength and durability,and are a direct replacement for the stock items.
The idlers are machined precisely and to eliminate any possible slop unlike the stock items but do allow for a very smooth running drivetrain.
Bearing fitment involves first greasing holes either side then tapping in bearings with a soft faced mallet or a vice until bearing surface is flush.This ensure there is no play or runout and the gear stays running true.

I have tested theses idlers up to a 5.5t on 3s and all ive managed to break is a driveshaft !!!!!

The price isnt cheap,considering the nylon etc variants available,but you really do get what you pay for here.

Please pm me for more details !!!
Thanks
dave.

Last edited by daveyboi1973; 03-02-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-02-2012

Default more pics

Here some more pics of idlers.

next to stock item.(sorry bout quality,crap camera)

Next to stock item.

This is an idler fitted to the macnum gearbox.

Pm me for more info.
Old 05-02-2012

nice i have orded a nylon one and a kevlar ball diff asowe ceramic balls full option diff
i will post pics later
Old 05-02-2012

Nice.I use the ceramic diff balls and a better quality stainless screw setup in mine.I have tried the nylon idler and even the £15 ansmann alloy lder and have managed to break both.Saying that,im a basher and not a racer and tend to thrash things to thier limits anyway .I only tend to use 5.5t motors and 3s in all my chassis,as thats what im used to.This is the reason why i have gears like this one made.My last gear conversion for the royal flash/master smacker proved to be a big hit too.I know its not really for this forum as most of you guys race and are looking for strength,low weight and cost,but i thought i would share these with you all anyway .
thanks
dave
Old 06-02-2012

I'm pretty new to all of this - I got a mad rat as a present last year, then this year I upgraded it to the Xirius race kit - 3900kv (10t). Fast (and expensive) enough for me for the minute.

Needless to say I overdid it recently and buggered up something in the transmission - I don't know what it is (haven't taken it apart yet), but I expect it to be due to the plastic gears. Having read your posts (@daveyboi1973) on here and elsewhere I assume that I need your metal gears. Could you let me know where to go to order them from you? I either push it too hard or I'm a bad driver - I recently had to order the metal front plate from RCfun in NL....

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2012

hi
Just send me a pm on here for details