Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 21-12-2011

I think there will be a trackside shop selling them. So i guess i'll be taking them from there.
Does anybody know if they wear on carpet? Do i need one set or more?
Old 21-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekios View Post
I think there will be a trackside shop selling them. So i guess i'll be taking them from there.
Does anybody know if they wear on carpet? Do i need one set or more?
I know they'll be available at the venue so you'll be fine! The tyres look really good and I believe lasted really well even on our extremely harsh carpet last night. If it was me I'd want at least a couple of sets (minimum) for a major meeting and then use them elsewhere if still useable.
Old 21-12-2011

Are you trimming the outer pins?
Old 21-12-2011

Quote:
Are you trimming the outer pins?
I didn't run them, mate. Contact estebandonde by Pm maybe
Old 21-12-2011

Just to let everyone know ive had it on good authority that Nanobytes will be available on the day.

Ive tested these tyres on a few tracks and they are really good, especially on carpet.

Wear rate is good and you should be able to complete a full meeting on one set, 2 sets if you wanna be on the pace all day.

There very much like Schumacher minipins so yes you can cut off some outer front spikes if you wanna calm the steering down.
Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just spent some time reading right through this thred from the start, had to smile a bit.

I raced at petit for the 1st time last year,now i've be playing with toy cars for way to long and in my 25+ years of racing I have been lucky enough to race in some very high profile meetings euros,worlds warmups etc etc.

when I read the poster/details type info about the meeting,I thought " yer will have some of that!" expecting a great meeting, well organised with great track for the money..so mutch so I drove from norfolk and back in 1 day to do 2wd.

Now the venue was great,hats off to ardent

But as for the meeting.1st was the secret carpet...that was pants,Then there was the venue being open on the day before for practice,announced very late so most were unable to make use of it,then there was the way it was run, start line was a shambles and no one seemed to run the track.
Then there was the world class off road track...flat apart from a couple of small woodern bumps,a banked bend, and one of the worst jumps ever,put in the worst place ever.
then waited for hours to get a teshirt,this was a scrum down at the end. Oh and the raffle, some top prizes,but so badly run.

I'm sorry,I know meetings are hard to organise,but if you have rob from bbk running the meeting time keeping what else was mr petit doing ?

So this year I didn't bother,and I'm glad after reading this, most of it I can just about see why it all went tits up between clubs and venues etc, but changing the cancalation dates after the venue change is wrong,very wrong and shows no regard/respect for your meeting entrants.also edditing posts on his forum regarding venues so it looks like nothing has changed. and finaly it looks as if offering cheep entrys at the end? like was said what do those who entred at the begining,and stuck with it all the way get?? oh yer and the paypal gift thing was a bit hmmm

Not in the uk again...good job,I'm sorry Mr petit go take a look at offroad wars, and see how it can be done, or worksop, or the oople event (but I've never raced at that one)

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 22-12-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Well said, take note from the MK GP and future Area 51 threads
Old 22-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
Just spent some time reading right through this thred from the start, had to smile a bit.

I raced at petit for the 1st time last year,now i've be playing with toy cars for way to long and in my 25+ years of racing I have been lucky enough to race in some very high profile meetings euros,worlds warmups etc etc.

when I read the poster/details type info about the meeting,I thought " yer will have some of that!" expecting a great meeting, well organised with great track for the money..so mutch so I drove from norfolk and back in 1 day to do 2wd.

Now the venue was great,hats off to ardent

But as for the meeting.1st was the secret carpet...that was pants,Then there was the venue being open on the day before for practice,announced very late so most were unable to make use of it,then there was the way it was run, start line was a shambles and no one seemed to run the track.
Then there was the world class off road track...flat apart from a couple of small woodern bumps,a banked bend, and one of the worst jumps ever,put in the worst place ever.
then waited for hours to get a teshirt,this was a scrum down at the end. Oh and the raffle, some top prizes,but so badly run.

I'm sorry,I know meetings are hard to organise,but if you have rob from bbk running the meeting time keeping what else was mr petit doing ?

So this year I didn't bother,and I'm glad after reading this, most of it I can just about see why it all went tits up between clubs and venues etc, but changing the cancalation dates after the venue change is wrong,very wrong and shows no regard/respect for your meeting entrants.also edditing posts on his forum regarding venues so it looks like nothing has changed. and finaly it looks as if offering cheep entrys at the end? like was said what do those who entred at the begining,and stuck with it all the way get?? oh yer and the paypal gift thing was a bit hmmm

Not in the uk again...good job,I'm sorry Mr petit go take a look at offroad wars, and see how it can be done, or worksop, or the oople event (but I've never raced at that one)
I'm another with 25 plus years racing and I agree that the track was good last year apart from the stupid jump which made position on the rostrum biast towards one end. Take heed Ardent.
However, Ardent is one of the finest facilities in the U.K
I have done 3 out of the last 4 petit's including the last one in Paris (2007) and have to say that Nicolas runs a first class event and deserves far more credit then he has been getting.
Anyone who has been to any of the Petit's preceeding last year would, I think, agree with me and thats why I'm going back again even though area 51 is far closer.
Roll on Petit 2012
Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can only comment on last year,as that was the one I attended,if the ones before were far better,I hope for those that are racing this year is back to normal then.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 22-12-2011

No offense intended RD
Old 22-12-2011

Nano bytes should be available from next week or will be available on the day
Old 22-12-2011

To be honest I think just saying you can buy them on the day is a bit crap.

Infact no, its a lot crap. I don't want to have get to the venue find the person selling the tyres, probably have to queue up if all the people at teh event want to buy tyres, then to sit and start gluing tyres up and messing around with them.

I'd much rather buy tyres from my local model shop, sit and glue them up in my own time and turn up having run them knowing what to expect. I mean how fair is it to have a controlled tyre that only a few team drivers have used.

And what happens if they don't bring enough and they run out, can I run whatever I want as its not my fault. I think if 140 ish people all want 2 sets for 2 and 4 wheel drive thats somewhere near 600 pairs of rears alone!

As tyres are the most important part of a cars set up this is becoming a joke. What inserts are best? How many rows of spikes do we cut off, if any? which run will be the best. For me, I know the answers to these questions for schuy tyres. If I have to spend time working this out for these new tyres this event is going to be about the tyres and not about the racing.
Old 22-12-2011
Mad Member

There was few negatives last year, However!!!
I loved the food.
I loved the track especially the spine jump. I guess some peeps without the skills found it tough?
I loved the Hupo Big air.
I loved seeing all the top guys racing.

I think Petit is a great event And Nicolas should be commended for bringing so many great drivers from around the world to race together.

I think Nicolas will find it hard to justify bringing the event to the uk again after all the negativity and problems this year.
That would be a shame to lose a top event.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 22-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
There was few negatives last year, However!!!
I loved the food.
I loved the track especially the spine jump. I guess some peeps without the skills found it tough?
I loved the Hupo Big air.
I loved seeing all the top guys racing.

I think Petit is a great event And Nicolas should be commended for bringing so many great drivers from around the world to race together.

I think Nicolas will find it hard to justify bringing the event to the uk again after all the negativity and problems this year.
That would be a shame to lose a top event.
Agreed Neil, I think Nicolas' only downfall was that he relies on other people to arrange the venues, and run the meetings which has possibly caused the majority of controversy this year.
Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.T View Post
No offense intended RD
no worrys chap,non taken.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 22-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
To be honest I think just saying you can buy them on the day is a bit crap.

Infact no, its a lot crap. I don't want to have get to the venue find the person selling the tyres, probably have to queue up if all the people at teh event want to buy tyres, then to sit and start gluing tyres up and messing around with them.

I'd much rather buy tyres from my local model shop, sit and glue them up in my own time and turn up having run them knowing what to expect. I mean how fair is it to have a controlled tyre that only a few team drivers have used.

And what happens if they don't bring enough and they run out, can I run whatever I want as its not my fault. I think if 140 ish people all want 2 sets for 2 and 4 wheel drive thats somewhere near 600 pairs of rears alone!

As tyres are the most important part of a cars set up this is becoming a joke. What inserts are best? How many rows of spikes do we cut off, if any? which run will be the best. For me, I know the answers to these questions for schuy tyres. If I have to spend time working this out for these new tyres this event is going to be about the tyres and not about the racing.
That makes me and others, coming from Greece or other countries and not familiar with carpet or schumacher tires a little more "equal" to you. Think it this way
Old 22-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Agreed Neil, I think Nicolas' only downfall was that he relies on other people to arrange the venues, and run the meetings which has possibly caused the majority of controversy this year.
Its MotoArena collapsing in the way it did that has been of little help to anyone.
Old 22-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to maalcari

Hi, from Portugal. 2012 will be my first year @ Petit RC and i´m looking forward to attend a race in UK for the first time.

I can use this post to announce that UMDEZ and RCmag from Portugal will be officials partners of Petit RC for the coverage (photo and video) of the event.

You can see more info about this project in http://petitrc.umdez.com

Almost 20 portuguese will be at Ardent Raceway
Old 23-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Its MotoArena collapsing in the way it did that has been of little help to anyone.
Yes I agree, It has lead to some decisions that not everyone has agreed with.
I know the guys from Silverstone, Moto Arena,Ardent and Nicolas, These guys have been trying to do whats right for the event but its not always possible to get it all right and keep everyone happy with these circumstances.

There are things i dont agree with but i guess its tough to keep everyone happy when things go wrong.

Good luck to anyone going to the event's i hope you enjoy as a lot of effort has been put in by both camps.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 23-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
That makes me and others, coming from Greece or other countries and not familiar with carpet or schumacher tires a little more "equal" to you. Think it this way
Yes it does, But only if you can get the tires!!!!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com