Default Losi XX getting more expensive

Wouldn't do very well with blue springs all round

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEAM-LOSI-XX...672?nav=SEARCH
Old 18-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Bargin !!

Bargin !!

That is for someone who wants a restore project...........:l ol:

Nothing like trying to pull your pants down..........

REALLY !!!!

Pro restore it says. I would take it back who ever did it. You forgot to put the new blue motor plate on...........
Old 18-01-2016

I remember when I offered this guy (a member here) a XX NIP bumper he was looking for and it way expensive to him. I guess some people are just a bit, stingy?
Old 19-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Bargin !!

That is for someone who wants a restore project...........:l ol:

Nothing like trying to pull your pants down..........

REALLY !!!!

Pro restore it says. I would take it back who ever did it. You forgot to put the new blue motor plate on...........
And the right wheels too lol
Old 19-01-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Wouldn't do very well with blue springs all round

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEAM-LOSI-XX...672?nav=SEARCH
The rear springs are really pinks, they just made them blue for the Kinwald edition

It came with quite a few blue parts, which that one seems not to have.
Old 19-01-2016

Hello, yes this is my listing.

Appreciate your comments good and bad, but ultimately this is a unique rebuilt XX Kinwald - show me another which is comparible then comment on whether it's worth it or not!

To JohnM - this has all the kinwald bits on it - can you let me know what it is missing?

To retro Rac - they are the correct kinwald wheels, can you let me know what wheels it came on? Look here for reference http://vintagelosi.com/Explodes_files/kinwald.pdf

To suparajicon - if I remember correctly you wanted an extortionate amount for the bumper, which is the same extortionate amount you want for all your spares - so I would expect you to be happy prices are going up.

again if you have a rebuilt nut and bolt kinwald you are selling for 50p let me know where to find it? Didn't think so....
Old 19-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro RC View Post
And the right wheels too lol
They are the correct wheels for the Kinwald - the discs were painted yellow on the box art car As John points out, the Kinwald had blue springs all round - the rears being the same rate as

That is ridiculously priced though.... I've got a NIP kit, a runner Kinwald & a whole heap of XX spares & upgrades... maybe I should think about selling it all if this is the going rate!
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 19-01-2016

Dan - I could price it at £1k if I wanted to. Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Maybe it isn't worth £495 - I don't know, let's see how it goes.

All this conjecture and comments on the value crack me up. The cost of the components is well over £350, I spent 6 months sourcing the bits. Rusty worn out crap xx kinwalds have fetched over £200 on eBay, so I don't see how it's not worth a fair bit. It strikes me as sour grapes people commenting trying to say it's missing bits or isn't complete - let's see your rebuilt xx kinwald on eBay then for less money? Put up or shut up IMO.

Dan a NIB XX Kinwald is worth a lot of money in my view. Iconic buggy, successful in racing - it's not like you can buy them in plentiful supply. Plenty of collectable items are worth lots of money to a collector - I sold a Porsche GT2 RS dealer brochure for £300 to a collector. That's just for a book, so something which I have bled and sweat over for 6 months and collected parts all over the world at great expense isn't worth £10? Get over it boys. If you can't afford it then don't moan about it.

Like I said - let's find the market price, anyone that wants to start the process - make me an offer on eBay on what you are willing to pay for it. Put up - or shut up.
Old 19-01-2016

Well said. Regardless of what it is 'worth' you can advertise it at whatever price you like. People commenting about it being overpriced are probably not potential buyers anyway. These collectables are quite often 'overpriced' but there will be someone at some point that will buy the car because they really want it. I guess you are in no rush to sell it either so just leave it at its price and see how it goes or what offers you get.
Old 19-01-2016

Hi David - thanks for your comment. The point here is I don't know how much it is worth, I've left it open to offers to see what the market is willing to pay.

Just for reference, I have successfully sold a XXX BK2 for £320 - rebuilt in the same manner to kit spec, no upgrades. So there is a market benchmark. The XX Kinwald is older, more rare, more collectable - need I go on? The upgrades alone are worth plenty, the titanium ball studs alone are £50!

I love how this has brought out the armchair experts, show me your rare rebuilt models which you have sold for peanuts? Post a link. Again - didn't think so.

I'm in no rush to sell, I only do this to keep these models alive - and provide a top end service to those collectors who don't have the skills, time or resources to build the same quality models. It takes time, connections, patience and skill to build something like this.

Look guys, I'm not a 17 year old bored teenager, I'm a city professional. If I priced my time accordingly for the time I spent on it I would price this model at about at over £3k. I don't really care how much it sells for, I'm not trying to come across badly here but even if it sells for £400 that pays for one tyre on the rear of my 1:1 car. This is not a big deal for me. I am rebuilding an Atomic Carbon CR2 which I'll put up for sale in a few months, and I have 2 more standard Losi XX which I'll rebuild and sell. They are usable for vintage racing, but will still be priced accordingly. This is a hobby for me, and I like to build - but I'm no charity. I'm the only person providing rebuild high quality models like this at the moment, if you think it's expensive then be my guest and compete against me.

I think I've said my piece now, happy to take any questions from the experts. Perhaps something else isn't right about the car, or my free postage on the listing can't really be free???!!!
Old 19-01-2016

Oh, and Dan - how much do you want for your NIB Kinwald XX. Give me a price, how much would you take for it, right now? Let's get the market price discussion going!

If my price is so redic - I'll give you £200 for it. Send me your PayPal details
Old 19-01-2016
Mad Member

Well that got things going didn't it

I've seen some shit losi xx sell on ebay recently for good prices including apparent race setup cars. If they were really race cars they'd have all the options on like mine does
Suits me they are getting more pricey if I ever have to cash in

Good luck with the sale
Old 19-01-2016

david85williams is right, it is your car to advertise for sale at whatever price you like - & good luck to you, I hope you get what you feel is a fair price for it, however - as a public forum I was just expressing my own view/opinion.

As for my NIB XX (which is a plain 1st edition car - not a Kinwald) I brought it to keep & to one day sit down & enjoy building it, to bring back all those memories on when I had my original XX back in the early/mid 90's - as such it's not for sale, but for the record if I were to sell it then I guess I'd be happy with a sale price of a around the £200 mark..... about what I paid for it originally.
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 20-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1mma View Post
I'm the only person providing rebuild high quality models like this at the moment
Really? I can see lots of well built models on ebay, and from members here. However, fair play to you and I do wish you luck with the sale.
Old 20-01-2016

I'm specifically talking about 1990s Losi models and easy 2000s, not on a wider scale and other brands. I'm sure there are a lot of rebuilt great vintage AE and Tamiya models out there, I'm sure they also aren't cheap....
Old 20-01-2016
Awesome Admin

We can all bang on all day about its worth this or it's not with that but at the end of the day it will sell for X amount maybe the full asking price maybe not. I can say this for example:

Jimmy's NIB jap version 870C sold for £601
NIB US version 870C sold for £280 on eBay
NIX91 car sold on eBay for £560
NIB Tomy intruder sold on eBay for £43 (buy it now he obviously didn't know what he had)
New built Jap version 870C sold on eBay for £400
Good condition CAT SWB sold on eBay for £450

You can see the variations on models of what sells and you can see what sits there for months ie the XLS that have been on ebay for about a year
Old 20-01-2016
Mad Member

I sold this for £200 nit sure if that was good or bad

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131010426801...D0&_mwBanner=1
Old 20-01-2016
Awesome Admin

I would say that was cheep but my prices are extortion anyway
Old 20-01-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Justin, you forgot one of my Lazer zxs cars sold for £1200, think the prices will go up as these were true Losi cars unlike the new breed where they are owned by someone else and not the Losi family.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 21-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyDan View Post
They are the correct wheels for the Kinwald - the discs were painted yellow on the box art car
Yep sorry I actually meant tyres oh well who cares good luck with the auction