Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 10-10-2009
Mad Member

Default A Small Problem

A family member called Bigfoot has found a small problem: the last time I made up bag C, for both the 6 Squared and the 60, I had a major brain fade and forgot to include the little bag of anti-squat shims. Our thanks to Bigfoot for locating the problem and bringing it to our attention. All Kits shipped since Wednesday are correct.

If you have purchased either Kit from us in the last month or so and your anti-squat shims are missing, please E-mail chazz@4wdrc.com and we'll get a bag of shims in the mail to you immediately. Make sure you put your name and address in the E-mail as often it's hard to tell who you are just from your E-mail addy.

If you purchased a Kit that is missing the shims from a Dealer outside U.K., please E-mail us directly to get your shims. We actually prefer that you go to your Dealer, and if he does stock the shims he should give them to you and we will replace them for him at no charge. However, the shims are not a part most dealers carry and in that case it will be easier for all if you deal straight with us.

If you purchased your Kit from a U.K. Dealer and the shims are missing, please see your Dealer. He stocks the shims or can get them quickly for you from D.M.S. Of course D.M.S. will take care of the Dealer at no charge. I don't think any Kits shipped to U.K. are missing their shims, that the last batch shipped was before the brain fade, but we can't be certain.

In any case, I think there is no reason for a Dealer to open a Kit to give you the shims, because in U.K. D.M.S. has them, and,

This should not be a major problem for most Family members. If you run zero shims obviously it's no problem. But the AE suspension shims that go in hinge pins and under ball studs are .030" and work perfectly for anti-squat, so you can use them while you are waiting for ours. It won't take long, even overseas, as we'll ship first class mail. Shouldn't have to go through customs and probably will be no duty.

We regret this error, and thanks again to Bigfoot for his patience while we were moving.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC